TNR - Cadia Barolo

Anyone heard of this Monvigliero estate? Got a decent offer at a decent price and was wondering what folks think and if anyone has tasted these before. The ad invoked Monvigliero, and the 2013 vintage, but wasn’t clear to me the style, and tasting notes are basically absent in CT…

Not familiar, but I’m also interested in anyone’s experience.

Another Fass special!

Never heard of them either.

Never heard of them/seen any of their wines. http://www.cadia.it/vini/en. don’t appear to be members of Consorzio.

Aged in 3yo barrique says offer, which really doesn’t tell me much about style. Website looks both new and rudimentary without any helpful info. Label images suggest EtOH between 14.5-15% for all recent vintages. A few older tasting notes from CT suggest these run a bit hot. Everyone on Vivian seems to like it but they also like Barefoot…

The barrels in this photo on the Cadia website – some of which are marked as Barolo – look considerably smaller than the standard 225 liters, which has a diameter at the middle of 27"/69cm and 22"/56cm at the barrel head:
Cadia owners.jpg
It’s possible these are overflow barrels, for amounts that don’t fill a conventional barrique, but it’s odd that they would have so many.

an optical illusion, those are standard barrique. perhaps Mel (or someone else) could say something as to the overall quality of those brands of barrel.

Possibly. Have you visited?

From the angle of convergence on the barrels on the back wall, the pic appears to be taken with a moderate wide angle – e.g., a 35mm or 28mm lens in 35mm format. That would render the background somewhat smaller. But they’re only one barrel’s length away, and his head is very large relative to the barrels at the rear, so I’m not convinced they are full-sized barriques. I think the relative scale would only be distorted that much if the barrels were at a greater distance from the subjects.

But we digress…

Great sleuthing Dr. Sherlock Morris!

Has anyone tried the wines?