Sine Qua Non is live

Offer is for 2015 Syrah “Trouver l’arène” and 2015 Grenache “Le chemin vers l’hérésie” $170.00 per.

Did I miss the mailer?

Email hit early this morning . . . it said the mailer went out yesterday.

Allocation seems to be lower than past years if memory serves. What are others seeing?

Do people ever pass on these? Lol

Mine is lower this year. Guessing the waitlist won’t budge at all this cycle. Not surprising given the vintage.

Mine is the same as it has been (6 and 3), but I am relatively new to the list, so this may be what others have been dropped to.

Any professional notes/ratings on these yet?

I was offered 6 and 6, which is what I have been offered before, so my allocation is the same. I have been on the list since the 2009 Vintage.

PS - I also actually drink the stuff. [cheers.gif]

Jeb has apparently reviewed them, but I have no idea what he had to say.

Why? I can give you a rough idea what the reviewers will say before they even taste it. Reviewers who have liked SQN wines in the past will like the wines and reviewers who have criticized SQN will complain about the wines. SQN is controversial, so a reviewer’s opinion is heavily tainted by the reviewer’s personal preferences.

Yields should be lower - 2015 was a much smaller vintage for most, especially compared with 2014 and 2016 . . .

It is a reasonable question, but you’re dead on; the reviews never vary much. The “good” ones range from gushing to breathless; the “bad” reviews range from undrinkable to godless.

Yup. I did and when they called I told them they could drop me from the list. Obviously well-made wines. Not my cuppa and I’d rather spend that kind of money elsewhere and have no interest in flipping.

I’ve seriously considered it. I like them, and in some moods I like them a lot, but not at the current price. But SWMBO loves them, as do our dearest friends, and I figure that if I don’t drink them my son can dispose of them when I’ve gone to dust. Not exactly buying for investment, but there are worse vehicles in which to put the money.

6&6 also
No mag
Same as last year.

I like them, too, and would be happy to drink a glass. I just don’t like them enough to be buying them regularly at their price point. For me, the whole flipping/cult name thing was probably made me hesitate more on dropping than the actual enjoyment/cost equation.

Well if anyone wants to pass but not lose their spot I’d love to try them. Haven’t had the pleasure yet. Refuse to pay 2nd market price

2nd market price nowhere what it used to be
take a careful look around

First time list buyer here, is the price the same as last year or was there a price increase?