TN: 2011 Contrade di Taurasi (Cantine Lonardo) Taurasi Le Coste

• 2011 Contrade di Taurasi (Cantine Lonardo) Taurasi Le Coste - Italy, Campania, Taurasi DOCG (8/7/2017)
    Decanted 4 hrs - I think even longer would have been optimal. At any event, this was a new producer to me, and wow, I was impressed. While quality Aglianco will always have some heft and muscle, I was especially taken by the finesse and elegance here. Good typicity of cherry and iron,with just the slightest touch of shoe polish. Grew more complex in the glass again suggesting this needs plenty of air. Iā€™m really optimistic how my last two bottles will show in a decade plus. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2011 Contrade di Taurasi (Cantine Lonardo) Taurasi Le Coste - Italy, Campania, Taurasi DOCG (8/7/2022)
Decanted 2 hrs. Not quite fireworks on the nose, but its getting there; dark berry perfume plays off a pumice quality ā€“ yes I know this could just be the power of suggestion, but its there, I swear it! Again, a beautiful marriage of both power and elegance, dark cherry and plums carry both a sweet and savory edge, sure its got the tannins and they are bold to be sure, but they feel layered into the wines fabric as opposed to being a brute force. A touch of oak adds a bit of textural sweetness and closes long on the back half. I just adore this.

1 Like