2002 Arcadian "Pisoni" PN

2002 Arcadian “Pisoni” PN
Rather light colored red (especially for a Pisoni) with a hint of onion skin.
Absolutely no sediment (filtered?)
Fine earthy, strawberry nose with violet undertones.
Structured, spicy, minerally fruit with an endless finish.
Can still age for several more years, but tasty now.
A really fine, elegant Pisoni.
[93+ pts]

TTT

Very nice, Paul. I love me some Joe Davis and Pisoni.
Never had the '02, but '97 and '01 have always been dynamite for me.

This one — right here — this is the one that got me into Arcadian. To this day, it may still be the best American Pinot I’ve had — only other Arcadians throw that into question.

Major league Arcadian tasting coming up with Dennis and many of the original partners of Arcadian in ATL.
Some wines I have never tasted.
We are doing it on Monday.
Nice note Paul.
My favorite Pisoni is 1997. 2000 is fabulous. We will see. Having 1997/1999/2000/2001/2005 on Monday. Maybe we should consider the 2002?

This will be great! Looking forward to it… [cheers.gif]

Who what were when?

Very cool!! Wish I could be there.

Me too! Paul, great note on a great wine. I gave it a similar review.

Cheers,
Doug

Definately not filtered we dont own a filter. A relatively low pH and a long elevage allows for the wine to fall brilliantly clear.

I should have known, but the absolute absence of ANY sediment got me to thinkin’…
Thanks for the info.

TTT

I visited Arcadian recently and got to visit with Joe. The wines were eye opening and Joe was great. I’d had bottles in the past but never a range like we tried. The current wines are 2011 and Joe opened various things back to 2001, Pinot, Chard and Syrah. Didn’t have the '02 Pisoni but the '01 was incredibly good Pinot Noir. Joe’s barrel aging all the wines for many years now before bottling, he said stay on top of dissolved O2 levels in barrel to keep them fresh. Fascinating wines, definitely go here if you’re in Lompoc.