Love for Scarlett (McGah)?

The 2015 Cabs (and the Petit Verdot) are now up in the Scarlett Wines club. Small allocations, of course, but I’m as thrilled to get these as any of Mike Smith’s other wines. I don’t see them mentioned here that often – anyone else on board? Anyone tried the 2015s yet?

Haven’t tried the 2015 but the 2014 was as good as any of the other $65ish cabs I tried. To me Scarlett is just as good as Myriad or Quivet

I like the Scarlett cabs, and think they benefit from cellar time at least as much as Myriad and Quivet do. I’ve enjoyed the '09 and '10 in the last year and thought they were in a great spot.

I’m a purchaser, but not a club member, so no offer for me yet. I enjoy the basic cab as much as any in Mike’s repertoire at this price level.

i buy the reserve. havent received any offer yet. anyone know when it’s coming?
clubs are a little passé and usually indicative of forcing someone who only wants A to also buy B, IMO.

What’s the word on pricing?

Regular cab = 68
Reserve = 125
Petit Verdot = 50
Sauvignon Blanc = 25

offer for mailing list previous buyers comes aug 15th, per maddie.

Had the 2014 last night and it was really nice; just could use a couple of more years in the bottle to really open up; my first Scarlett, but I will be buying more

I love the Scarlet regular and reserve cabernet. Some of the best deals in Napa cab in my opinion, especially the regular.

For those in TX, Central Market has their 20% off all cabs sale this weekend.They have the Scarlett '15 regular and reserve by the case.

I reached out to them because their McGah Vineyard has… Mourvedre!

They responded, “Where did you hear​ of us?”

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Kale uses the Rhône grapes grown in the Scarlett Winery’s McGah Vineyard for a Rosé, I believe…
Map Scarlett Vineyards.jpg