Hooker's House - Bedrock to open tasting room on Sonoma Plaza

News broke today; Morgan and Chris will be pouring wines from Hooker’s vineyard, in the General’s historic house:
http://www.sonomanews.com/news/7152074-181/bedrock-wine-co-to-open?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5955ebb204d3016beba03976&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&artslide=0

Nicely done Morgan!

Congrats Morgan!

Big-time now! Mazel tov.

DO IT!
Amazing news

W00t!

Super cool and great job Morgan!! Sounds like a trip to Sonoma is in order next year to check out the new digs. I do hope visits to Bedrock Vineyard and opening bottles under the tent will still be on the agenda.

We visited the vineyard once and it was memorable. Felt bad though, that several bottles were opened just for little ol’ us. Looking forward to visiting the tasting room.

Really excited for this, couldn’t think of a more perfect place for a tasting room… except maybe my basement…

So cool! Congratulations to the Bedrock family!

Now, if Morgan would come out with what I really want, a Bedrock T shirt.

I swear I saw Joel wearing one in a Twitter picture with Morgan. It just had the Bedrock tree on the front and it was awesome. I’d absolutely be a buyer

Probably circa 2007?

Not sure how to post a pic from Twitter but hopefully this link works. Way cooler than the ones from 2007 :wink:

And now that I look at it closer…might not be a Bedrock shirt. But still a pretty sweet old vine shirt

I’m all in if there’s ever a Bedrock t-shirt offering.

My favorite (only?) bit of winery swag is a Drinkward Peschon hat distributed to list members maybe five years ago.

That’s an HVS t-shirt.
IMG_4073.JPG

Ahhh! Yep, there you go. Pretty awesome shirt - id rock that for sure! I’ll have to check out the site and see if they sell em (assuming so)

A lot of snark and contempt for tasting rooms in that article’s comments section.

I think most major winemaking and wine tourism areas see a healthy amount of push-back from locals who want to slow or completely stop growth of wineries and tasting rooms.

Sonoma Square is particularly interesting right now because the area is going through a phase of gentrification, with property owners pushing storefront rents though the roof. Locals want a balance of retail, services and tasting rooms – however rents are to the point now that only high-margin businesses can make it. My wife manages a furniture store that was on the Square 15+ years, but recently moved because of increasing rent. It should be very interesting to see what happens when (if) the new high-end hotel (with high-end restaurant) opens.

The naysayers seem to have zero issue the ever-increasing property values in the area, but people need to be realistic about what types of businesses can make it in desirable and expensive retail space.