2009 Cameron Pinot Noir Dundee Hills

I pulled out this “cellar defender” tonight, and it was singing. Not terribly complex, just dark cherry and strawberry, with a little funk, some lingering tannins, and a sweet/sour aspect to the finish that was compelling. Great mouth-feel, great mid-palate, beautiful finish. For south of $20, this was outstanding.

An 8 year old cellar defender? How much life left do you see? I ask because I have a 2010 and 2011 of this wine. Wondering if I should open soon or hold.

It tasted like it had lots of life left. I have four more in my cellar (along with a bunch of the Reserve, Arleys, and Abbey Ridge) and I’m not in any hurry to drink them.

I bought a bunch of 2007 from a berserker, and they’ve been amazing. Haven’t opened one in about a year, but definitely an ager.

I popped a 2008 Arley’s Leap today night and it was savory and way too young. Hold for 4 years at least. It was nice, but far from mature. Some similar notes to yours, Rick, but just a bit too large and monolithic for current peak enjoyment. The 2013 Crowley Four Winds I had as an starter was en pointe, however. All one could ask of an Oregon Chardonnay. Lemon curd/cream, acid lift, persistent finish.

Good data points on both wines, Adam. Had an’08 Arley’s lined up for this summer. Will bury it.

Stocked up on the '13 Four Winds, but haven’t opened one since release. Will crack one soon. Your note has me excited.

Same here… have been staring at 08 Arley’s for a while, thinking it might be time to try it. Alas, tis not. Thanks for the note, will hold it a bit longer.

I don’t love the 09 vintage, but that wine always seems to over-perform, especially < $25. Pinots from former Cameronites Tyson Crowley and Jay Sommers shouldn’t be ignored either.

RT