How many corkscrews do you own?

How many corkscrews do you own?

• None
  • 9 or more

0 voters

Promoted by another thread, I’m intrigued how many corkscrews you own. Please include butler’s thief / ah-so and anything else that is designed to remove corks from bottles (so I suppose oddities like Port tongs should also count, but a sabre would not as it’s designed for less sociable usage).

I included none, as for some Aussies / Kiwis there will come a time fairly soon where they have no use for a corkscrew

I probably have 20+…and can never find one when I need it!

I voted six because, I know I have at least a half dozen, but it might be more. I usually keep one in each of my travel bags and then have a handful or so scattered about the kitchen.

One in each car, one at the Brewery, and three at home. My favorite is a stainless steel Pulltap that cost me about $8.

Lots.

Love my Laguioles ! champagne.gif

Several dozen. Just found another box. Waiter’s corkscrews that we used to give away. Then a dollar store near me had a sale on cheap versions of the ah-so and I picked up about ten of them since I seem to end up leaving them in restaurants if I bring an old wine. Also have one complicated contraption from my parents and two Rabbits and a large one on a granite stand that’s on the counter. One Languiole.

20+ for sure, mostly screwpulls with logos from one wine store, auction house or another. 4-5 ah-so openers.

Not to mention 100 reusable spring-top bottle stoppers because my husband thought they came as singles instead of a pack of 10 and ordered 10 of them. :slight_smile:

Ha, prolly about 200. Most of them are antiques. Mechanical corkscrews from the 1800s are super cool. Fun to break out for geeky tastings.

Wow, and I thought I was nuts. I have a couple dozen.

Maybe a dozen, but my I use three mostly.

My Ah-so, a solid double hinged, and one I got as a freebie from Liquid Farm. (Thanks, ladies)

That I have used in the last two years? One. There’s probably another in the house somewhere.

Didn’t you know most cyclists are OCD?

[cheers.gif]

Yes, but I thought a couple dozen was OCD!! [tease.gif]

Pictures or it isn’t true… Are they on display or do you just keep them in many many drawers?

I have between 6-10, most are hidden away in some drawer. 2 or 3 get consistent use.

Jeez, I must have 25 or 30 of the things at least. Plus 5-6 of the electric things people keep giving me (and I never use).

Went out and found the same on eBay, and it is the handiest, most-used.

Can I be the first to say “flawed poll”. [whistle.gif]

Ok I can understand the ITB folks having more corkscrews than teaspoons, but I’m amazed at the numbers at 9+. That said, when I counted up mine, I made 7.

Do you guys have one you really like? I’m in the market. Already have an ah-so but looking for a really great waiters’ corkscrew.

-af

Entirely too many. I run the full range too, but funny enough, I have one favorite.