Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2275
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1251 Post by Robert M yers » March 21st, 2019, 11:42 am

Neal.Mollen wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 10:11 am
Robert M yers wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 10:08 am
AndrewH wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 10:00 am
^ Yeah, emailed last night to check on which lists I'm on.
I gave in and again (3rd time) asked to be put on ALL lists even though all I want is ALL champagne. I have the right boxes checked but the only offer I can be assured of is 06 Comte’s.
I can't deny that there are oddities with how the offers go out. I am on "all" lists and get some emails well after others here comment on an offer.

But if you haven't done so, I'd seriously recommend calling Greg and talking to him about why you don't seem to be getting all champagne offers when that is what you signed up for. Couldn't hurt and he's a nice fellow
It’s apparently just a different model which works for them. We would crush a winery if they released wine this way though and people were shut out without even a fair shake. I have asked nicely one last time. I’m hoping it’s an oversight but I’m going to have to assume they do not want my business if they can’t help me after 3 tries. If they want to have a private model with allocations I can accept that just tell us.

I literally receive about 15% of the champagne offers talked about on here. I would love to jump in on a couple but I can’t be sure when I’ll receive another to make it worth it. Maybe I should call, but I really don’t want to get into their biz model with them. Those on the inside are happy I guess, but I don’t think I’m the only one who can’t figure out why they can’t get some of these emails.

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2310
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1252 Post by AndrewH » March 21st, 2019, 2:17 pm

What's unclear to me is whether this is a technical glitch or an intentional bifurcation of mailings. I will say that the ecommerce platform he's currently running appears to be a bit, um, antiquated.
Andrew H e i m e r t

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2801
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1253 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » March 21st, 2019, 2:21 pm

Probably inadvertent.

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
Posts: 33387
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1254 Post by Neal.Mollen » March 21st, 2019, 2:49 pm

AndrewH wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 2:17 pm
What's unclear to me is whether this is a technical glitch or an intentional bifurcation of mailings. I will say that the ecommerce platform he's currently running appears to be a bit, um, antiquated.
Email went out last week saying that it was getting replaced very soon.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

julianseersmartin
Posts: 370
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1255 Post by julianseersmartin » March 21st, 2019, 3:21 pm

Robert M yers wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 11:42 am
It’s apparently just a different model which works for them. We would crush a winery if they released wine this way though and people were shut out without even a fair shake. I have asked nicely one last time. I’m hoping it’s an oversight but I’m going to have to assume they do not want my business if they can’t help me after 3 tries. If they want to have a private model with allocations I can accept that just tell us.

I literally receive about 15% of the champagne offers talked about on here. I would love to jump in on a couple but I can’t be sure when I’ll receive another to make it worth it. Maybe I should call, but I really don’t want to get into their biz model with them. Those on the inside are happy I guess, but I don’t think I’m the only one who can’t figure out why they can’t get some of these emails.
I think it's incredibly unlikely that they are the problem here, and it's either something to do with the platform they email from, your own email provider, or the way your mailbox is sorted.

They use Constant Contact which is a pretty reliable provider and on par with all the other big ones like Mailchimp, Aweber and so on, so I'd be surprised if it was them.

Who do you use for your email service?

If it happens to be hotmail.com/outlook.com then you're more than likely screwed. Microsoft have a long history of repeat and indiscriminate IP bans against other mail servers, which crucially, they provide no notice of, so recourse is very onerous.

DanielP
Posts: 448
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1256 Post by DanielP » March 21st, 2019, 3:23 pm

julianseersmartin wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 3:21 pm
Robert M yers wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 11:42 am
It’s apparently just a different model which works for them. We would crush a winery if they released wine this way though and people were shut out without even a fair shake. I have asked nicely one last time. I’m hoping it’s an oversight but I’m going to have to assume they do not want my business if they can’t help me after 3 tries. If they want to have a private model with allocations I can accept that just tell us.

I literally receive about 15% of the champagne offers talked about on here. I would love to jump in on a couple but I can’t be sure when I’ll receive another to make it worth it. Maybe I should call, but I really don’t want to get into their biz model with them. Those on the inside are happy I guess, but I don’t think I’m the only one who can’t figure out why they can’t get some of these emails.
I think it's incredibly unlikely that they are the problem here, and it's either something to do with the platform they email from, your own email provider, or the way your mailbox is sorted.

They use Constant Contact which is a pretty reliable provider and on par with all the other big ones like Mailchimp, Aweber and so on, so I'd be surprised if it was them.

Who do you use for your email service?

If it happens to be hotmail.com/outlook.com then you're more than likely screwed. Microsoft have a long history of repeat and indiscriminate IP bans against other mail servers, which crucially, they provide no notice of, so recourse is very onerous.
You really think it's an email provider issue that is common to everyone's problem with getting on all the lists? Seems about the least likely issue given how prevalent this problem is.
P@ik

julianseersmartin
Posts: 370
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1257 Post by julianseersmartin » March 21st, 2019, 4:00 pm

As I said earlier in the thread, email is not a guaranteed delivery service, nor does it purport to be.

With the volume of messages that must go out, coupled with the quantity of people on said list (and thus varying email configurations), yes I absolutely believe this is explained at the provider level rather than a deliberate act by Envoyer.

The symptoms are not explained by a list level item - it's indiscriminate emails that people seem not to receive. Either that, or Envoyer's list maintenance is truly disorganized. We could test that by someone disabling certain lists from their profile on their account for a week, and seeing what does and does not come in vs everyone else.

DanielP
Posts: 448
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1258 Post by DanielP » March 21st, 2019, 4:07 pm

Let me clarify. I think any issue is on envoyers end, whether it's deliberate or not. It could very well be an email issue on their end, but I seriously doubt it's an issue on my end
P@ik

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2275
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1259 Post by Robert M yers » March 21st, 2019, 6:54 pm

I run important communications through my email, Ive never missed an email I should have received. Really not sure where you guys are coming from on this point. Here’s my recent champagne emails.
March 18 - Comte’s
March 15th - 2012 legras
Jan 21st - 08 R. Massin
That’s a big gap and lots of lost email on my part
[scratch.gif]

I asked for two bottlings fairly recently that were posted here for which I didn’t get the email. One was a sorry, the other was no response. Each time I explained that I didn’t get the emails. Oh well.
Last edited by Robert M yers on March 21st, 2019, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

julianseersmartin
Posts: 370
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1260 Post by julianseersmartin » March 21st, 2019, 7:17 pm

The angle I'm coming at is one with deep, deep knowledge of how mass email works (and doesn't work). It is absolutely conceivable that you receive every "important" email you expect, and that you do not receive emails from a mass email campaign like Envoyer's.

It is clear there is a persistent issue that a few people seem to have, that based on experience, I would say is at an email provider level that Envoyer probably have very little power to do anything about (or have accurate oversight of), other than changing provider. There's basically zero chance that doing so would guarantee any improvement.

I would recommend you try registering with another email address from a different provider and see if there is a difference. It would also help to know what email provider you use.

I'm trying to help you here.

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2275
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1261 Post by Robert M yers » March 21st, 2019, 7:26 pm

I use roadrunner on Apple computers. I guess I could switch it to gmail but then I’d never see the offer fast enough to reply to get any.

I’ve had several pm’s confirming frustration among other members.

I appreciate your effort to figure it out Julian, so what does Zachys, Rare wine or even someone small like Fass do differently where I’m not missing their mass emails?

I should also say I usually get lots of emails from them, just not many champagne. Everyday this week and two on Monday.

I’ll change my email to see, what do I have to lose...

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1558
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1262 Post by Josh Grossman » March 21st, 2019, 7:35 pm

Robert M yers wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 7:26 pm
I use roadrunner on Apple computers. I guess I could switch it to gmail but then I’d never see the offer fast enough to reply to get any.

I’ve had several pm’s confirming frustration among other members.

I appreciate your effort to figure it out Julian, so what does Zachys, Rare wine or even someone small like Fass do differently where I’m not missing their mass emails?

I should also say I usually get lots of emails from them, just not many champagne. Everyday this week and two on Monday.

I’ll change my email to see, what do I have to lose...
I'm really almost sure that Envoyer doesn't have any special lists for premium buyers and highly allocated wines. You can log into your account on their webpage and it will show you what 'groups' you are signed up for. I've never seen something posted here that I wasn't offered and my groups (from their webpage) are:

Domestic - non-expiring
Cabernet - non-expiring
Pinot - non-expiring
French Wine - non-expiring
Champagne - non-expiring
Red Burgundy - non-expiring
Bordeaux - non-expiring
Rhône - non-expiring
Italian Wine - non-expiring
Piedmont - non-expiring
Tuscany - non-expiring
Spanish Wine - non-expiring
New Zealand - non-expiring
South African - non-expiring
Australian - non-expiring
South American - non-expiring
German - non-expiring
Wine Tasting - non-expiring
Value Wine - non-expiring
Cellar Wine - non-expiring

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1558
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1263 Post by Josh Grossman » March 21st, 2019, 7:36 pm

I sometimes wish that I didn't get all of them though because I have an Envoyer shipment due tomorrow morning with 94 bottles in it.

julianseersmartin
Posts: 370
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1264 Post by julianseersmartin » March 22nd, 2019, 8:38 am

Robert M yers wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 7:26 pm
I appreciate your effort to figure it out Julian, so what does Zachys, Rare wine or even someone small like Fass do differently where I’m not missing their mass emails?
They are probably using a different provider that your provider doesn't have an issue with. Equally, there are probably other customers of those brands with a different provider to you that do experience issues.

The other thing to consider here is that Envoyer has a huge amount of visibility in that there's a large group of people that speak about virtually every offer - oversight from a customer perspective is therefore very easy.

With the other retailers, it's not the same, and as such, you don't know what you miss and there's no way you could know. There's a similar problem with The Wine Society in the UK and users of wine pages - regular reports of non receipt of their offer emails. Myself included.

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2310
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1265 Post by AndrewH » March 22nd, 2019, 9:02 am

julianseersmartin wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 8:38 am
Robert M yers wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 7:26 pm
I appreciate your effort to figure it out Julian, so what does Zachys, Rare wine or even someone small like Fass do differently where I’m not missing their mass emails?
They are probably using a different provider that your provider doesn't have an issue with. Equally, there are probably other customers of those brands with a different provider to you that do experience issues.

The other thing to consider here is that Envoyer has a huge amount of visibility in that there's a large group of people that speak about virtually every offer - oversight from a customer perspective is therefore very easy.

With the other retailers, it's not the same, and as such, you don't know what you miss and there's no way you could know. There's a similar problem with The Wine Society in the UK and users of wine pages - regular reports of non receipt of their offer emails. Myself included.
It may well be an mass emailer issue, although I still find it peculiar that a decent number still get through. When I've had problems with mass email services, from a user end, it's usually all or nothing. The provider gets blacklisted for whatever reason and nothing gets through at all; or, alternatively, the email provider stops sending to a specific address because it's showing rejections. Neither of these things are happening here - I clearly get a lot of the emails, just not all of them.
Andrew H e i m e r t

YLee
Posts: 1152
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1266 Post by YLee » March 22nd, 2019, 9:06 am

When I signed up with Envoyer about 6 mnths ago, I initially did not get all the offers. I called them and asked them to include me in all emails. Had no issues since.
-¥ 0 ñ 9

julianseersmartin
Posts: 370
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1267 Post by julianseersmartin » March 22nd, 2019, 9:09 am

Yeah I disagree wholeheartedly with that, there's plenty of RBLs that have very short ban timeframes.

Besides that, Robert mentioned Roadrunner - a TWC product. Hardly the height in compliance when it comes to their offerings, and they are genuinely notorious for arbitrary spam blocks.

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
Posts: 4500
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1268 Post by ky1em!ttskus » March 22nd, 2019, 9:16 am

Will this madness ever cease?!

Call Greg. He’s nice.

User avatar
Andrew A r n t f i e l d
Posts: 163
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 10:07 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1269 Post by Andrew A r n t f i e l d » March 22nd, 2019, 1:47 pm

Jayson Cohen wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 4:31 pm
Troy Stark wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 4:24 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 3:23 pm
Cool to see the LB Les Chemins d'Avize offered today. Right up my alley so pulled the lever for that one.
I've been curious about that wine but decided to pass as we just came back from Champagne with just over a case, so I'm holding off on purchases for a little while... We'll see how long this lasts!
What vintage was on offer? (I don’t do Envoyer. That’s way too much temptation way too often.)

The ‘09 was ridiculously good. I imagine 2012 will be as well if that’s been released yet.
Grabbed 6 of these. I love L-B, but haven't had the Chemins d'Avize. However, friends were at L-B last fall and reported that this was by far their favourite of the L-B's. Agreed that the 2012 will be a strong vintage.

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 259
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1270 Post by Troy Stark » March 22nd, 2019, 4:43 pm

Bought 3 of these on a whim @ $31.49/ea. Should have bought 3 cases!

Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Brad Baker
Posts: 1635
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 7:47 pm
Location: Motown, USA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1271 Post by Brad Baker » March 22nd, 2019, 7:17 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 4:43 pm
Bought 3 of these on a whim @ $31.49/ea. Should have bought 3 cases!

Dérot-Delugny is on a hot streak! They were pretty much overlooked (even within Champagne) until a few years ago when they started pointing out that they had a pure Pinot Gris (aka Fromenteau). While you could find pure Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, Arbanne, Petit Meslier, and Pinot Blanc, no one could recall a pure Pinot Gris. It caught on as a curiosity in Champagne and the winery has used that as a launching pad to really branch out. Everything they make is very affordable with the 'prestige cuvee' (most expensive) now the Pinot Gris. I never thought I would ever see Dérot-Delugny in the US outside of a few bottles of the Pinot Gris, but these folks are popping up at quite a few places and make solid wine at their price point; they just can't go much higher.
Brad Baker
The Champagne Warrior

User avatar
Cris Whetstone
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 10846
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:09 pm
Location: OC, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1272 Post by Cris Whetstone » March 22nd, 2019, 10:49 pm

I'm no whale and I get all the Champagne offers. So I don't think there are secret 'tiers' of offers.

Something is hinky with your email connection. I had issues at one time and worked them out with them. You may want to make sure you've save their return email in your address book also.
WetRock

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true." - Francis Bacon

"I had taken two finger-bowls of champagne and the scene had changed before my eyes into something significant, elemental, and profound." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 259
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1273 Post by Troy Stark » March 23rd, 2019, 6:45 am

Brad Baker wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 7:17 pm
Dérot-Delugny is on a hot streak! They were pretty much overlooked (even within Champagne) until a few years ago when they started pointing out that they had a pure Pinot Gris (aka Fromenteau). While you could find pure Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, Arbanne, Petit Meslier, and Pinot Blanc, no one could recall a pure Pinot Gris. It caught on as a curiosity in Champagne and the winery has used that as a launching pad to really branch out. Everything they make is very affordable with the 'prestige cuvee' (most expensive) now the Pinot Gris. I never thought I would ever see Dérot-Delugny in the US outside of a few bottles of the Pinot Gris, but these folks are popping up at quite a few places and make solid wine at their price point; they just can't go much higher.
Brad - thanks for the context. I was curious about the PG after I looked at their website. I am going to ask Greg if they have any plans to offer it. I like trying the wines made from the "other" Champagne grapes, but often they are, as you said, simply a curiosity and not actually that good.

And regarding the price point and heights they can achieve, I suspect this 2008 is close to or at the pinnacle for them. No, it's not groundbreaking. It's just really, really freaking good for the price ($31.49 if you buy 3). A "house sparkling" if I've ever seen one.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Brad Baker
Posts: 1635
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 7:47 pm
Location: Motown, USA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1274 Post by Brad Baker » March 23rd, 2019, 7:50 am

Troy Stark wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 6:45 am
Brad - thanks for the context. I was curious about the PG after I looked at their website. I am going to ask Greg if they have any plans to offer it. I like trying the wines made from the "other" Champagne grapes, but often they are, as you said, simply a curiosity and not actually that good.

And regarding the price point and heights they can achieve, I suspect this 2008 is close to or at the pinnacle for them. No, it's not groundbreaking. It's just really, really freaking good for the price ($31.49 if you buy 3). A "house sparkling" if I've ever seen one.
Troy,

The Pinot Gris is a fun wine. Not terribly complex, a touch rustic, fruity, quite aromatic, and different from what you normally expect from Champagne, but not in a bad way. To me, it is more of a curiosity than anything else, but still well worth trying; it is also a blast to share this wine and get folks' impressions.
Brad Baker
The Champagne Warrior

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2310
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1275 Post by AndrewH » March 23rd, 2019, 9:26 am

julianseersmartin wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 9:09 am
Yeah I disagree wholeheartedly with that, there's plenty of RBLs that have very short ban timeframes.

Besides that, Robert mentioned Roadrunner - a TWC product. Hardly the height in compliance when it comes to their offerings, and they are genuinely notorious for arbitrary spam blocks.
I'm using gmail and having the problem with some, but not all, offers.
Andrew H e i m e r t

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
Posts: 4500
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1276 Post by ky1em!ttskus » March 23rd, 2019, 10:25 am

In for NV José Michel Champagne Cuvée du Pere Houdar

Ok. Back to your conversation about email and doing everything but asking the one guy who could help.

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 259
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1277 Post by Troy Stark » March 23rd, 2019, 10:49 am

ky1em!ttskus wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 10:25 am
In for NV José Michel Champagne Cuvée du Pere Houdart
We just had a bottle the other night that we purchased the last time he offered it. Loved it. Super fun. Drank WAY younger than we expected, given the age of the base wines. Really fun.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
Posts: 4500
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1278 Post by ky1em!ttskus » March 23rd, 2019, 11:07 am

Troy Stark wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 10:49 am
ky1em!ttskus wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 10:25 am
In for NV José Michel Champagne Cuvée du Pere Houdart
We just had a bottle the other night that we purchased the last time he offered it. Loved it. Super fun. Drank WAY younger than we expected, given the age of the base wines. Really fun.
Thanks for the note! [berserker.gif]

Russ Williams
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8222
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 9:58 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1279 Post by Russ Williams » March 24th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Some more NV Marc Hebrart 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut. At $30 a very nice house wine.
Listen to more Jerry, it will heal your soul.
9/1/74 - Keystone Berkeley

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2275
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1280 Post by Robert M yers » March 28th, 2019, 11:57 am

ky1em!ttskus wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 10:25 am
In for NV José Michel Champagne Cuvée du Pere Houdar

Ok. Back to your conversation about email and doing everything but asking the one guy who could help.
Or maybe...

Everyone,

We want to address that we’ve been having issues sending out emails to customers. This issue should be resolved by tomorrow as we are switching to a new email server. In the meantime, if you haven’t been receiving your invoices or responses from us, please feel free to email us and we will get back to you later in the day tomorrow or by next week.

Thank you!

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2801
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1281 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » March 31st, 2019, 12:11 pm

The Paul bara listed today is very good but not an amazing price.

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1558
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1282 Post by Josh Grossman » March 31st, 2019, 12:27 pm

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
March 31st, 2019, 12:11 pm
The Paul bara listed today is very good but not an amazing price.
Yeah, I picked up a few bottles of it at the last, Lastbottle.com marathon for $50 a piece and free shipping. Looks like Firstbottle.com still has them for $60. With the $3.50 per bottle shipping added in for Envoyer it's an easy pass.

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
Posts: 18117
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1283 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » March 31st, 2019, 1:35 pm

Russ Williams wrote:
March 24th, 2019, 3:40 pm
Some more NV Marc Hebrart 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut. At $30 a very nice house wine.
Russ, what's the style of this one?
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 259
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1284 Post by Troy Stark » March 31st, 2019, 1:43 pm

Josh Grossman wrote:
March 31st, 2019, 12:27 pm
Yeah, I picked up a few bottles of it at the last, Lastbottle.com marathon for $50 a piece and free shipping. Looks like Firstbottle.com still has them for $60. With the $3.50 per bottle shipping added in for Envoyer it's an easy pass.
Same here, especially since they offered the Paul Bara '08 Special Club for less about a year ago and I stocked up big time on that one.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
Posts: 33387
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1285 Post by Neal.Mollen » March 31st, 2019, 2:17 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
March 31st, 2019, 1:43 pm
Josh Grossman wrote:
March 31st, 2019, 12:27 pm
Yeah, I picked up a few bottles of it at the last, Lastbottle.com marathon for $50 a piece and free shipping. Looks like Firstbottle.com still has them for $60. With the $3.50 per bottle shipping added in for Envoyer it's an easy pass.
Same here, especially since they offered the Paul Bara '08 Special Club for less about a year ago and I stocked up big time on that one.
I'd be delighted by a sharp price on the Bara rosé
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
Posts: 4500
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1286 Post by ky1em!ttskus » April 2nd, 2019, 2:19 pm

In for Dethune rose.

Chris S p i k e s
Posts: 2787
Joined: February 12th, 2009, 10:48 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1287 Post by Chris S p i k e s » April 2nd, 2019, 2:36 pm

ky1em!ttskus wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 2:19 pm
In for Dethune rose.
$5/bottle (12.5%) increase since last year it appears.

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7712
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1288 Post by Frank Murray III » April 2nd, 2019, 2:54 pm

Yep. Me too. Love Dethune NV Rose.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
Posts: 4500
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1289 Post by ky1em!ttskus » April 2nd, 2019, 3:04 pm

Chris S p i k e s wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 2:36 pm
ky1em!ttskus wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 2:19 pm
In for Dethune rose.
$5/bottle (12.5%) increase since last year it appears.
Well, if Frank would shut up his face about it! neener

User avatar
Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2354
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 8:24 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1290 Post by Warren Taranow » April 2nd, 2019, 4:47 pm

ky1em!ttskus wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 2:19 pm
In for Dethune rose.
I predict I'll regret only ordering six, but I've no room for more.

WT
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7712
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1291 Post by Frank Murray III » April 2nd, 2019, 7:27 pm

I asked for a few, as I too am space challenged with my storage.

The interesting thing for me about Dethune Rose is that it's one of the very few Champagnes that I have drank a lot of--nearly 2 cases in the past few years. Bottle after bottle have been delicious and I am glad that Greg offered some again. For $45, it's fits a space nicely for me of a grower that cares about the environment, has a long lineage of making wine (I think Sophie Dethune told me 10 generations when I visited her last year at the winery) and what they make for the price is damn good.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2801
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1292 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » April 3rd, 2019, 1:37 pm

This Legras offering is my house champagne.

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 259
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1293 Post by Troy Stark » April 5th, 2019, 12:08 pm

Did anyone else go in on the Gimmonet '08 Special Club mags the other day? The price is high, but their '08 is just brilliant, so I asked for 1. Haven't heard back yet.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

ChrisM
Posts: 44
Joined: January 9th, 2015, 7:59 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1294 Post by ChrisM » April 5th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 12:08 pm
Did anyone else go in on the Gimmonet '08 Special Club mags the other day? The price is high, but their '08 is just brilliant, so I asked for 1. Haven't heard back yet.
I have a call into Scott and an email to Greg to detmine if this is the VV bottling (magnum only) or the regular special club on a later release. If it's VV bottling, I'm in for several bottles, the 06 was fantastic and Therry Theise left a small note on his champagne review last year to keep an eye out for the 08. I anyone else find's out, post here, when they respond, I'll post an update.
Chris Mueller
San Antonio, TX

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7712
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1295 Post by Frank Murray III » April 5th, 2019, 2:31 pm

Miniere Absolu today. YES YES YES! [winner.gif]
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7712
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1296 Post by Frank Murray III » April 5th, 2019, 2:35 pm

20180515_114935.jpg
Absolu in tank
[cheers.gif]
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

EricG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 675
Joined: January 25th, 2010, 10:36 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1297 Post by EricG » April 6th, 2019, 7:57 am

ChrisM wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 1:35 pm
Troy Stark wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 12:08 pm
Did anyone else go in on the Gimmonet '08 Special Club mags the other day? The price is high, but their '08 is just brilliant, so I asked for 1. Haven't heard back yet.
I have a call into Scott and an email to Greg to detmine if this is the VV bottling (magnum only) or the regular special club on a later release. If it's VV bottling, I'm in for several bottles, the 06 was fantastic and Therry Theise left a small note on his champagne review last year to keep an eye out for the 08. I anyone else find's out, post here, when they respond, I'll post an update.
FYI, Scott is no longer at Envoyer
G = G_e_r_b_e_r

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2801
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1298 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » April 6th, 2019, 9:32 am

Asked for a few st Vincent mags.

ChrisM
Posts: 44
Joined: January 9th, 2015, 7:59 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1299 Post by ChrisM » April 6th, 2019, 6:32 pm

EricG wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 7:57 am
ChrisM wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 1:35 pm
Troy Stark wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 12:08 pm
Did anyone else go in on the Gimmonet '08 Special Club mags the other day? The price is high, but their '08 is just brilliant, so I asked for 1. Haven't heard back yet.
I have a call into Scott and an email to Greg to detmine if this is the VV bottling (magnum only) or the regular special club on a later release. If it's VV bottling, I'm in for several bottles, the 06 was fantastic and Therry Theise left a small note on his champagne review last year to keep an eye out for the 08. I anyone else find's out, post here, when they respond, I'll post an update.
FYI, Scott is no longer at Envoyer
Yep, he called back to tell me he is no longer with the company.
Chris Mueller
San Antonio, TX

User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 11740
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1300 Post by alan weinberg » April 6th, 2019, 8:25 pm

EricG wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 7:57 am
ChrisM wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 1:35 pm
Troy Stark wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 12:08 pm
Did anyone else go in on the Gimmonet '08 Special Club mags the other day? The price is high, but their '08 is just brilliant, so I asked for 1. Haven't heard back yet.
I have a call into Scott and an email to Greg to detmine if this is the VV bottling (magnum only) or the regular special club on a later release. If it's VV bottling, I'm in for several bottles, the 06 was fantastic and Therry Theise left a small note on his champagne review last year to keep an eye out for the 08. I anyone else find's out, post here, when they respond, I'll post an update.
FYI, Scott is no longer at Envoyer
wasn’t he one of the principals?

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”