Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

It seems week after week that Envoyer has been offering one cool Champagne after another. Just today, the Vilmart Cuvee Rubis '10. Earlier this week the Dehu and Perseval, which are both new to me. Godme last week, before that Marguet (which I have really fallen for and reloaded some more). Prior to that, the Vouette et Sorbee, which I know some of you already have experience with, yet I do not. And prior, the Pierre Gerbais, with that killer Extra Brut that is super.

So many cool things, my credit card is stinging and my bubbly inventory continues to expand. Love it. Envoyer is offering stuff consistently, at what are fair prices IMO and their service is excellent.

And finally, while I love Envoyer and the gang there, I wish they would remove the scores and critical reviews from their offers. Over and over with the scores and the critic’s initials…I’m just fatigued with all of it. When the Envoyer crew writes up an offer and the critic junk is absent, it’s a relief!

1 Like

The Vouette is unique. I love it; others might not but it is a very individual wine.

1 Like

Greg always has great selections. I have noticed that some offers are either staggered or do not go to the whole list. I believe in checked for all wine types per the website, so it is strange when I do not get some. Not that it matters much since there is no way I can buy it all.

Was the Dehu the Rue de Noyers? My friend/board member Doug opened that for me and I was blown away. Such a unique expression of champagne (100% Petit Verdot IIRC) and ridiculously tasty.

For the growers, yeah. I wish I liked grower champagne better. I really prefer traditional houses. Some small exceptions here and there, but most I’m like meh.

I’ve been trying very hard to slow my roll, but the '10 Vilmart Grand Cellier Rubis was just simply too hard to ignore. Damn you Greg.

Corey, yes, it was the Rue des Noyers. I picked up a couple. It’s Pinot Meunier BTW, but I know what you meant. [thumbs-up.gif]

Russ, I feel your pain, brother. The price made me pause but given how good the NV Vilmart Rose is (and I went deep on that and have drank 2 so far [training.gif] ), I could not leave the Cuvee Rubis on the table. I wish I could have taken more but I have to live to a budget.

Frank. Those should age well but suggest you pop one, with people you love, shortly after they arrive. It’s ridiculously delicious.

Isn’t the Dehu zero dosage? Frank, I thought zero dosage was outside your wheelhouse.

Russ, I would say it depends. Why? The Marguet Shaman changed my mind. That wine is zero dose and it drank like an Extra Brut, so good. This is why I reloaded it from Greg after the first bottle.

I think that the Dehu Noyers may have a little dose, but it’s also pure Meunier so I want to give it a shot. Small plot, farmed cleanly, unique. Why not. Part of learning and it’s far too easy for me to make a blanket remark when I have tried so few of them so far.

Soon as the boat can get here and I can let the bottle rest for a bit, you bet I will.

Amen. Not just from them but everyone. So tiring.

Why would you want to remove information? I understand not wanting to see scores without notes, because that can be misleading. But if the score and the note are there, what’s wrong with that?

Definitely not Petit Verdot. I think you mean Pinot Meunier.

It’s not information. It’s noise, and it’s the same grating, annoying noise over and over again.

Craig, I dislike the whole critical review system. I’ve made many posts in the past about how I feel about it, to include the whole business about selling wines based on points and allowing a small cadre of reviewers to drive the market. I dislike a lot but there isn’t a damn thing I can do about it.

I respect Greg and Envoyer a lot for their pursuit and integrity in what they offer, the hard work they invest to bring these producers to my cellar. I am with Keith in that I wish I didn’t have to see the clutter of the critics in the offers.

Do they have better phone service yet?
Or does it still crap out?>

“I don’t need it and you shouldn’t have it.”

I’ve been obsessed with this Champange lately, also 100% Pinot Meunier…super delicious!

NV Laherte Frères Champagne Rosé de Meunier

https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=2399962&searchId=F0356CC0%23selected%253DW2399962_15_K4b9c3708e7c0a934e40edb8f5a927f5f