Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7760
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1501 Post by Frank Murray III » June 15th, 2019, 11:51 am

The June boat arrived and I picked up yesterday about a case plus a mag, all bubbly. Terrie was sorting through everything and they had quite a bit of stuff come in. As a side note, I did walk into the bottle room where the wines for sale are located. It's noticeable now that maybe with the new online system that they are able to have more of the room with inventory, or this is just a coincidence but there was nearly a whole rack of mixed champagne, with Krug, Roederer, Vouette, Gerbais mags and some other stuff. If this kind of inventory can continue, it makes it a perk for people dropping by to have a shot at a few bottles they may have missed on offer. FWIW, I didn't buy anything, as those mags of Gerbais were tempting. I think the Gerbais Grain Celles Rose was 90 bucks. Oh, and there was some Godme Rose for $40 on the shelves. [cheers.gif]
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

User avatar
Yao C
Posts: 671
Joined: February 1st, 2017, 10:53 pm
Location: Portland-McMinnville / SF

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1502 Post by Yao C » June 20th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Has anyone had experience with Gaston Chiquet's Blanc de Blancs d'Aÿ? I had no idea they did a BdB
C h 0 o n 6

julianseersmartin
Posts: 377
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1503 Post by julianseersmartin » June 20th, 2019, 4:21 pm

Yao C wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Has anyone had experience with Gaston Chiquet's Blanc de Blancs d'Aÿ? I had no idea they did a BdB
Those mags were a pretty unusual offering. I think it's extended beyond the 2008 vintage now but it was a somewhat special wine at the time.

I have some of it but I've yet to try it. It was widely drunk at a Wine Pages tasting I think last year, and well received. If I didn't already have some I'd be all over it - great price on mags for top grower 2008 fizz.

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7760
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1504 Post by Frank Murray III » June 20th, 2019, 5:23 pm

I picked up some of the Dehu Noyers new release yesterday that was buried in the broader bubbly offer. Not sure how I missed that wine before.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

User avatar
Dennis Atick
Posts: 6832
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 6:48 pm
Location: East Atlanta

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1505 Post by Dennis Atick » June 21st, 2019, 8:06 am

Scoop?

2014 Coessens Champagne Millésimé Extra Brut
@decaturwinedude

julianseersmartin
Posts: 377
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1506 Post by julianseersmartin » June 21st, 2019, 8:09 am

Yeah I'm wondering the same. Not a producer I've heard of but pretty big claims on the fruit source. Of course the magic of Selosse is all in the winemaking so I'm not being immediately persuaded.

Edit: a decent PDF which summarizes the production is available here:https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... t.rbm2.pdf

User avatar
Dennis Atick
Posts: 6832
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 6:48 pm
Location: East Atlanta

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1507 Post by Dennis Atick » June 21st, 2019, 8:32 am

julianseersmartin wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 8:09 am
Yeah I'm wondering the same. Not a producer I've heard of but pretty big claims on the fruit source. Of course the magic of Selosse is all in the winemaking so I'm not being immediately persuaded.

Edit: a decent PDF which summarizes the production is available here:https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... t.rbm2.pdf
Thanks. I might take a flyer on a couple.
@decaturwinedude

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 919
Joined: November 29th, 2014, 9:10 am
Location: The Big D

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1508 Post by ykwon » June 21st, 2019, 12:23 pm

2007 Taittinger Comte Rose on deck
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

EricG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 676
Joined: January 25th, 2010, 10:36 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1509 Post by EricG » June 21st, 2019, 12:26 pm

ykwon wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 12:23 pm
2007 Taittinger Comte Rose on deck
At that price, I grabbed one. Never had Comte Rose but love the BdB.
G = G_e_r_b_e_r

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 919
Joined: November 29th, 2014, 9:10 am
Location: The Big D

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1510 Post by ykwon » June 22nd, 2019, 12:21 pm

Thoughts on mag of 2008 Philipponnat Cuvee 1522 Extra Brut? 149.99
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 33800
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1511 Post by Neal.Mollen » June 22nd, 2019, 12:26 pm

ykwon wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 12:21 pm
Thoughts on mag of 2008 Philipponnat Cuvee 1522 Extra Brut? 149.99
Haven't had the 2008 but the 1522 is a really nice wine in most vintages
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 280
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1512 Post by Troy Stark » June 22nd, 2019, 12:29 pm

I grabbed one. I've never had the 1522 but I love Clos des Goisses and from the description it seems like I'd like it.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2363
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 8:24 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1513 Post by Warren Taranow » June 23rd, 2019, 7:33 am

Neal.Mollen wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 12:26 pm
ykwon wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 12:21 pm
Thoughts on mag of 2008 Philipponnat Cuvee 1522 Extra Brut? 149.99
Haven't had the 2008 but the 1522 is a really nice wine in most vintages
Troy Stark wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 12:29 pm
I grabbed one. I've never had the 1522 but I love Clos des Goisses and from the description it seems like I'd like it.
I asked for one as well. I've had the '02 and '06 and liked them. Bone dry, but the abundant fruit gives them a sweet sensation.

Cheers,
Warren
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2360
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1514 Post by AndrewH » July 3rd, 2019, 9:26 am

AndrewH wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 11:29 am
Robert M yers wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 10:08 am
AndrewH wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 10:00 am
^ Yeah, emailed last night to check on which lists I'm on.
I gave in and again (3rd time) asked to be put on ALL lists even though all I want is ALL champagne. I have the right boxes checked but the only offer I can be assured of is 06 Comte’s.
I have been reassured several times that we have received the last offers of 06 Comtes.
And again!
Andrew H e i m e r t

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 280
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1515 Post by Troy Stark » July 3rd, 2019, 1:10 pm

AndrewH wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 9:26 am
AndrewH wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 11:29 am
Robert M yers wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 10:08 am


I gave in and again (3rd time) asked to be put on ALL lists even though all I want is ALL champagne. I have the right boxes checked but the only offer I can be assured of is 06 Comte’s.
I have been reassured several times that we have received the last offers of 06 Comtes.
And again!
Last, last, last call. We mean it this time.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2363
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 8:24 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1516 Post by Warren Taranow » July 3rd, 2019, 6:52 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 1:10 pm
AndrewH wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 9:26 am
AndrewH wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 11:29 am


I have been reassured several times that we have received the last offers of 06 Comtes.
And again!
Last, last, last call. We mean it this time.
I'm a sucker for that wine. I think I've ordered a couple each time it was offered. I recently noticed I was drinking down my stock faster than expected, so I was happy to see it back again.

Cheers,
Warren
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7760
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1517 Post by Frank Murray III » July 4th, 2019, 9:39 am

The offer today on the Mousse Eugene is terrific. I've had several bottles of that wine and it's good. I suspect this is a new disgorgement, as it's been many months since I had one but at $36 on 3, it's barely $125 to get those into my cellar. Excellent wine for the money, made by a guy who farms super clean. I walked the Mousse rows in 2018 and that dirt and vines, the farming and ecology on his plots are beautiful.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

julianseersmartin
Posts: 377
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1518 Post by julianseersmartin » July 4th, 2019, 9:29 pm

Frank Murray III wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 9:39 am
The offer today on the Mousse Eugene is terrific. I've had several bottles of that wine and it's good. I suspect this is a new disgorgement, as it's been many months since I had one but at $36 on 3, it's barely $125 to get those into my cellar. Excellent wine for the money, made by a guy who farms super clean. I walked the Mousse rows in 2018 and that dirt and vines, the farming and ecology on his plots are beautiful.
+1

It's top stuff.

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 33800
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1519 Post by Neal.Mollen » July 5th, 2019, 10:17 am

I have loved the Paul Bara Champagne Comtesse Marie de France in prior vintages, and the price for the 2006 seemed like a no-brainer. In for a few.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
EHeffner
Posts: 424
Joined: March 13th, 2018, 8:23 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1520 Post by EHeffner » July 6th, 2019, 1:22 pm

Frank Murray III wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 9:39 am
The offer today on the Mousse Eugene is terrific.
Grabbed one on your recommendation! champagne.gif
E v @ n

User avatar
Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2363
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 8:24 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1521 Post by Warren Taranow » July 6th, 2019, 8:27 pm

If the 2008 Guy Charlemagne is any indication, then today’s offered 2012 will be fantastic (but will need some time; the ‘08s still a baby).
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

AD Northup
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 350
Joined: January 21st, 2018, 2:26 pm
Location: Newtown, PA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1522 Post by AD Northup » July 7th, 2019, 11:58 am

Anyone familiar with the Lamiable Cuvée Heliades?
A n d r e w N o r t h u p

WsOTY:
1994 Edmunds St. John Les Côtes Sauvages
2016 P. S. Garcia Grenache Piedra Lisa
2010 Ridge Lytton Springs
2002 Perrier-Jouet Belle Epoque

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 33800
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1523 Post by Neal.Mollen » July 7th, 2019, 11:59 am

Warren Taranow wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 8:27 pm
If the 2008 Guy Charlemagne is any indication, then today’s offered 2012 will be fantastic (but will need some time; the ‘08s still a baby).
Had the 08 last night. Very fine drink
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7760
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1524 Post by Frank Murray III » July 7th, 2019, 12:05 pm

I see that Greg offered the Mouzon-Leroux L'ascendant today. I drank one of those last week and it was terrific. For $45, like the Mousse last week, I'm in for a few more to build those back up in the cellar.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

Russ Williams
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8283
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 9:58 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1525 Post by Russ Williams » July 8th, 2019, 11:11 am

Frank Murray III wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 12:05 pm
I see that Greg offered the Mouzon-Leroux L'ascendant today. I drank one of those last week and it was terrific. For $45, like the Mousse last week, I'm in for a few more to build those back up in the cellar.
I grabbed a couple.
Listen to more Jerry, it will heal your soul.
9/1/74 - Keystone Berkeley

James Todd
Posts: 18
Joined: May 27th, 2019, 11:01 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1526 Post by James Todd » July 8th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Warren Taranow wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 8:27 pm
If the 2008 Guy Charlemagne is any indication, then today’s offered 2012 will be fantastic (but will need some time; the ‘08s still a baby).
Has anyone heard back on the Guy Charlemagne offer? I requested a couple bottles and haven't heard anything yet.

James Todd
Posts: 18
Joined: May 27th, 2019, 11:01 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1527 Post by James Todd » July 8th, 2019, 3:28 pm

James Todd wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 12:16 pm
Warren Taranow wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 8:27 pm
If the 2008 Guy Charlemagne is any indication, then today’s offered 2012 will be fantastic (but will need some time; the ‘08s still a baby).
Has anyone heard back on the Guy Charlemagne offer? I requested a couple bottles and haven't heard anything yet.
Nevermind got confirmation!

User avatar
Andrew A r n t f i e l d
Posts: 175
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 10:07 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1528 Post by Andrew A r n t f i e l d » July 11th, 2019, 11:57 am

Grabbed 3 bottles of the Mouzon-Leroux l'Ascendant and a couple of the magnums of the Philipponnat Cuvee 1522.

User avatar
Mason H
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 187
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 10:13 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1529 Post by Mason H » July 11th, 2019, 12:49 pm

Andrew A r n t f i e l d wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 11:57 am
Grabbed 3 bottles of the Mouzon-Leroux l'Ascendant and a couple of the magnums of the Philipponnat Cuvee 1522.
I got both as well. Those Mouzon-Leroux wines are killer!
Mason Hewitt

User avatar
EHeffner
Posts: 424
Joined: March 13th, 2018, 8:23 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1530 Post by EHeffner » July 13th, 2019, 12:18 pm

If Envoyer offers a 375ml for sub-$20, I will buy it.
E v @ n

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 33800
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1531 Post by Neal.Mollen » July 13th, 2019, 1:50 pm

EHeffner wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 12:18 pm
If Envoyer offers a 375ml for sub-$20, I will buy it.
Camille in 375? Yes please.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

mattccheung
Posts: 91
Joined: September 14th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1532 Post by mattccheung » July 17th, 2019, 9:39 am

Seems like no brainer to try a couple Jose Michel special clubs.

User avatar
EHeffner
Posts: 424
Joined: March 13th, 2018, 8:23 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1533 Post by EHeffner » July 18th, 2019, 8:26 am

Thoughts on the Jose Dhondt BdB? Is this a Brut? Bottle doesn’t say so but getting conflicting info on the google machine
E v @ n

Blair Ridley
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 708
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:52 pm
Location: South Shore, MA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1534 Post by Blair Ridley » July 18th, 2019, 9:08 am

Evan - It's a BdB and it is a brut. And fabulous I think. I just visited with Jose and his daughter Christlene last week and had a very nice visit seeing the winery. I love all of their wines.

(added that it's considered a Brut)

User avatar
EHeffner
Posts: 424
Joined: March 13th, 2018, 8:23 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1535 Post by EHeffner » July 18th, 2019, 12:11 pm

Blair Ridley wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 9:08 am
Evan - It's a BdB and it is a brut. And fabulous I think. I just visited with Jose and his daughter Christlene last week and had a very nice visit seeing the winery. I love all of their wines.

(added that it's considered a Brut)
Thanks for response! I couldn’t really tell my the mailer
E v @ n

User avatar
Howard Cooper
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 16810
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 8:37 am
Location: Rockville, MD

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1536 Post by Howard Cooper » July 18th, 2019, 1:29 pm

Warren Taranow wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 6:52 pm
Troy Stark wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 1:10 pm
AndrewH wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 9:26 am


And again!
Last, last, last call. We mean it this time.
I'm a sucker for that wine. I think I've ordered a couple each time it was offered. I recently noticed I was drinking down my stock faster than expected, so I was happy to see it back again.

Cheers,
Warren
I am Howard and I am an addict. I cannot stop buying or drinking this wine. My biggest issue is that I have had the 1996 BdB twice this year and the 1996 Rose once this year and the wines are so great when they are that age. But, if I keep drinking my 2006s, I won't have any in 10 years. But, I love drinking the 2006s now. [help.gif] [truce.gif]
Howard

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things." Tyrion Lannister

User avatar
EHeffner
Posts: 424
Joined: March 13th, 2018, 8:23 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1537 Post by EHeffner » July 24th, 2019, 12:51 pm

I know, I know, not technically champagne, but I’m interested in the Quartz reef sparklers, especially the rose.

Frank, should be up your alley with this note - “The vineyards of Quartz Reef are all biodynamic and organically treated, and hand harvested. Such respect for the raw material transfers to the glass seamlessly”
E v @ n

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7760
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1538 Post by Frank Murray III » July 24th, 2019, 3:10 pm

Evan, I can see your point but I would rather (and did) get after the Mousse Special Club Rose. Yes, more $$$, but the Mousse wines are excellent, and he farms in a clean manner, as well. Between the Ruppert-Leroy and the Mousse this week, I am done buying I reckon for the week. [training.gif]
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

Russ Williams
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8283
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 9:58 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1539 Post by Russ Williams » July 24th, 2019, 5:25 pm

Frank Murray III wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 3:10 pm
Evan, I can see your point but I would rather (and did) get after the Mousse Special Club Rose. Yes, more $$$, but the Mousse wines are excellent, and he farms in a clean manner, as well. Between the Ruppert-Leroy and the Mousse this week, I am done buying I reckon for the week. [training.gif]
I grabbed a bottle of the Mousse. I am really enjoying what this grower is doing.
Listen to more Jerry, it will heal your soul.
9/1/74 - Keystone Berkeley

User avatar
BenW
Posts: 121
Joined: July 27th, 2017, 7:44 am
Location: Baltimore

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1540 Post by BenW » July 25th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Thoughts on the Dumenil 2006 Millesime?
B.Williams

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1710
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1541 Post by Josh Grossman » July 25th, 2019, 2:17 pm

Russ Williams wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 5:25 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 3:10 pm
Evan, I can see your point but I would rather (and did) get after the Mousse Special Club Rose. Yes, more $$$, but the Mousse wines are excellent, and he farms in a clean manner, as well. Between the Ruppert-Leroy and the Mousse this week, I am done buying I reckon for the week. [training.gif]
I grabbed a bottle of the Mousse. I am really enjoying what this grower is doing.
I asked for two!

Russ Williams
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8283
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 9:58 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1542 Post by Russ Williams » July 25th, 2019, 4:27 pm

BenW wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Thoughts on the Dumenil 2006 Millesime?
2008 actually, but I passed.
Listen to more Jerry, it will heal your soul.
9/1/74 - Keystone Berkeley

User avatar
EHeffner
Posts: 424
Joined: March 13th, 2018, 8:23 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1543 Post by EHeffner » July 27th, 2019, 10:08 am

I’ll probably grab a few Jose Michel rose halves. Halves are perfect for weeknights!
E v @ n

julianseersmartin
Posts: 377
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1544 Post by julianseersmartin » July 27th, 2019, 10:53 am

The rose is normally cellar door only so that's a very interesting one from Envoyer. I've gone long.

edit: I'm wrong, confusing it with Arnould rose.

Eric Sch
Posts: 275
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1545 Post by Eric Sch » July 28th, 2019, 8:46 am

Was happy that my ask for the 2015 Mousse Special Club Rose was granted. I love the wine and it's my daughter's birthyear, so I bought a few more than usual. champagne.gif
"Cristal's out schoolboy... make it a magnum of Grande Dame and I'll think about it."

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 33800
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1546 Post by Neal.Mollen » July 28th, 2019, 9:05 am

EHeffner wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 10:08 am
I’ll probably grab a few Jose Michel rose halves. Halves are perfect for weeknights!
me too. Quality grower champagne in halves is an esay buy when they show up, and esp rosés. Also bought some LdH halves today.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1710
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1547 Post by Josh Grossman » August 1st, 2019, 9:24 am

Giving the Remy Massin Champagne Brut Millésimé a try. Good notes on CT and 2008.

User avatar
C Chen
Posts: 787
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:30 pm
Location: California

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1548 Post by C Chen » August 1st, 2019, 1:58 pm

Josh Grossman wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 9:24 am
Giving the Remy Massin Champagne Brut Millésimé a try. Good notes on CT and 2008.
Hope it's great! Was really curious about it.
curt1S ch3N
CT: C Chen

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2360
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1549 Post by AndrewH » August 1st, 2019, 2:51 pm

Feeling a bit like I have winner's curse after getting a bottle of the 2006 Billecart Salmon Cuvee Nicolas Francois Brut even after responding 24+ hours after email.
Andrew H e i m e r t

User avatar
Mason H
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 187
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 10:13 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1550 Post by Mason H » August 2nd, 2019, 7:25 am

Josh Grossman wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 9:24 am
Giving the Remy Massin Champagne Brut Millésimé a try. Good notes on CT and 2008.
Same.
Mason Hewitt

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”