Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18206
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1401 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » May 8th, 2019, 5:35 pm

Thanks, Frank. No need to at this point, however --- I just called them to confirm my request, so all is as good as it can be.

These would be in addition to the 3 bottles I picked up in the previous offer, which were all 1ers, iirc.

These will be my introduction to Marguet; my research leads me to believe these will be smack dab in my sweet spot for sparklers.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

User avatar
Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 9264
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 1:40 pm
Location: Home of the Mayo Clinic

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1402 Post by Chris Blum » May 8th, 2019, 7:25 pm

The vazart NV bdb is a great value. Delicious
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18206
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1403 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » May 12th, 2019, 3:20 pm

Received my Marguet confirmation on Thursday, btw. Apparently Le Parc was a popular ask because I only got one of the two I asked for.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7833
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1404 Post by Frank Murray III » May 12th, 2019, 7:39 pm

Chris Blum wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 7:25 pm
The vazart NV bdb is a great value. Delicious
Yep, it is, Chris. I opened another one last weekend and it was drinking great. Cool find. I wish I could get access to more of the range, but it seems most of it is still not making it to the US. Next time I go to Champagne, I am going to set a visit at this property and taste through the range.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1405 Post by Josh Grossman » May 15th, 2019, 10:07 am

Magnums are more fun!

julianseersmartin
Posts: 381
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1406 Post by julianseersmartin » May 16th, 2019, 11:43 am

The offer on Fidele today is on some seriously aggressive pricing. I've gone long.

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7833
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1407 Post by Frank Murray III » May 16th, 2019, 11:54 am

Julian, I already have the Fidele and Argile, but not the new release of the Saignee, so I asked for some of those. I had the 14 Saignee over the holiday season and it was terrific.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1408 Post by Josh Grossman » May 16th, 2019, 12:18 pm

julianseersmartin wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 11:43 am
The offer on Fidele today is on some seriously aggressive pricing. I've gone long.
CT shows vintage and NV. I assume it's all NV and the CT notes are just referring to the base year?

Is this the wine being offered?
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=2398760

Or is it one of these or are these the same thing?
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=3026107
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=3179724
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=595045
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=2665048
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=2570997
Last edited by Josh Grossman on May 16th, 2019, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

julianseersmartin
Posts: 381
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1409 Post by julianseersmartin » May 16th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Josh Grossman wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 12:18 pm
julianseersmartin wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 11:43 am
The offer on Fidele today is on some seriously aggressive pricing. I've gone long.
CT shows vintage and NV. I assume it's all NV and the CT notes are just referring to the base year?
Fidele is only about 5% reserve. Bertrand Gautherot considers this a vintage wine, but CIVC requires that any champagne with multiple vintages in the blend be marked NV. So this is récolte 2015 - a.k.a 2015 with a dash of reserves. It's roughly akin to a 2015 base champagne.

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1410 Post by Josh Grossman » May 16th, 2019, 12:26 pm

julianseersmartin wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 12:23 pm
Josh Grossman wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 12:18 pm
julianseersmartin wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 11:43 am
The offer on Fidele today is on some seriously aggressive pricing. I've gone long.
CT shows vintage and NV. I assume it's all NV and the CT notes are just referring to the base year?
Fidele is only about 5% reserve. Bertrand Gautherot considers this a vintage wine, but CIVC requires that any champagne with multiple vintages in the blend be marked NV. So this is récolte 2015 - a.k.a 2015 with a dash of reserves. It's roughly akin to a 2015 base champagne.
Thanks. New to me but sounds like my style and will give it a try.

julianseersmartin
Posts: 381
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1411 Post by julianseersmartin » May 16th, 2019, 12:31 pm

Josh Grossman wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 12:26 pm
Thanks. New to me but sounds like my style and will give it a try.
For me, V&S wines are top tier in quality, and I could almost forgo every other champagne in their place. Fidele is quite vinous in style and is a marvelous food wine. It drinks very well fresh and that is a deliberate aspect of the winemaking. It's also quite low dosage but it carries it well. I'm sure you won't be disappointed and at an absolute minimum it'll be very intellectually pleasing. I believe FMIII is as much a fan as I am.

The R15 is excellent by the way, more forward than the R14 and just delicious already.

User avatar
C Chen
Posts: 809
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:30 pm
Location: California

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1412 Post by C Chen » May 16th, 2019, 12:43 pm

I thought Fidele was decent. Pretty lean and acidic. It has its place.
curt1S ch3N
CT: C Chen

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 310
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1413 Post by Troy Stark » May 16th, 2019, 1:24 pm

Anyone else having issues with their account page over the last couple of days or is it just me?
Insta: @lofiwineguy

julianseersmartin
Posts: 381
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1414 Post by julianseersmartin » May 16th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 1:24 pm
Anyone else having issues with their account page over the last couple of days or is it just me?
I haven't been able to see my pending wines for a couple of weeks at least. I'm assuming it's to do with the impending website update.

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1415 Post by Josh Grossman » May 16th, 2019, 2:48 pm

julianseersmartin wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 1:48 pm
Troy Stark wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 1:24 pm
Anyone else having issues with their account page over the last couple of days or is it just me?
I haven't been able to see my pending wines for a couple of weeks at least. I'm assuming it's to do with the impending website update.
Works fine for me. Maybe sign out and back in or try a different browser?

Russ Williams
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8386
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 9:58 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1416 Post by Russ Williams » May 16th, 2019, 4:21 pm

I grabbed some of the Fidèle.
Listen to more Jerry, it will heal your soul.
9/1/74 - Keystone Berkeley

User avatar
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3076
Joined: March 12th, 2013, 7:32 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1417 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » May 16th, 2019, 8:26 pm

How does one get these offers? I’ve dropped several grand on Envoyer since joining late last year and all I get is odds and ends champagne offers - none of the stuff y’all talk about. Last was Guy Charlemagne, which I bought, but that’s been about it.
[scratch.gif]

Jeff P
Posts: 73
Joined: August 28th, 2018, 1:39 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1418 Post by Jeff P » May 17th, 2019, 1:26 am

Troy Stark wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 1:24 pm
Anyone else having issues with their account page over the last couple of days or is it just me?
I have been... i just e-mail and ask for my holdings and they get back to me fairly quickly
Jeff P@ren+

Ron F r e e d
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 504
Joined: September 3rd, 2009, 7:48 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1419 Post by Ron F r e e d » May 23rd, 2019, 7:57 pm

Gimonnet Special Club anyone? In for another 4!

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2421
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1420 Post by Robert M yers » May 24th, 2019, 3:22 am

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 8:26 pm
How does one get these offers? I’ve dropped several grand on Envoyer since joining late last year and all I get is odds and ends champagne offers - none of the stuff y’all talk about. Last was Guy Charlemagne, which I bought, but that’s been about it.
[scratch.gif]
Your imagination Scott, there is no preferred list and there are no email issues on their end. Please check your email provider, they are most likely blocking Envoyers emails. rolleyes [berserker.gif]

User avatar
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3076
Joined: March 12th, 2013, 7:32 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1421 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » May 24th, 2019, 4:21 am

Robert M yers wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 3:22 am
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 8:26 pm
How does one get these offers? I’ve dropped several grand on Envoyer since joining late last year and all I get is odds and ends champagne offers - none of the stuff y’all talk about. Last was Guy Charlemagne, which I bought, but that’s been about it.
[scratch.gif]
Your imagination Scott, there is no preferred list and there are no email issues on their end. Please check your email provider, they are most likely blocking Envoyers emails. rolleyes [berserker.gif]
I get Envoyer offers almost daily. Just not with the wines mentioned on this thread (or most of them). I’ll reach out to them to confirm.

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2386
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1422 Post by AndrewH » May 24th, 2019, 4:49 am

As I mentioned upthread, their email system does seem to have an issue if you're not signed up to receive all offers. Not sure if they don't tick a box for some Champagne or what, but when I emailed they added me to all lists and I started getting a lot more Champagne offers (and a lot of others too). I can tell because I get two emails for some and one for the others (two email addresses).

Tell them you're having problems - hopefully they'll fix it for you.
Andrew H e i m e r t

julianseersmartin
Posts: 381
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1423 Post by julianseersmartin » May 24th, 2019, 8:26 am

C Chen wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 12:43 pm
I thought Fidele was decent. Pretty lean and acidic. It has its place.
Almost zero dosage, it's going to be very lean as would any other extra brut champagne.

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7833
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1424 Post by Frank Murray III » May 24th, 2019, 10:10 am

julianseersmartin wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 8:26 am
C Chen wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 12:43 pm
I thought Fidele was decent. Pretty lean and acidic. It has its place.
Almost zero dosage, it's going to be very lean as would any other extra brut champagne.
Well, this could be true of some EB wines. However, the Marie-Courtin Eloquence and Marguet Crayeres and Les Bermonts are anything but lean. These are zero dose wines and drink with an expression that to me is far from lean.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7833
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1425 Post by Frank Murray III » May 24th, 2019, 10:10 am

Frank Murray III wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 10:10 am
julianseersmartin wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 8:26 am
C Chen wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 12:43 pm
I thought Fidele was decent. Pretty lean and acidic. It has its place.
Almost zero dosage, it's going to be very lean as would any other extra brut champagne.
Well, this could be true of some EB wines. However, the Marie-Courtin Eloquence and Marguet Crayeres and La Grande Ruelle are anything but lean. These are zero dose wines and drink with an expression that to me is far from lean.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2017 Kutch Pinot Noir SC PN
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut
2017 Carlisle Zin Mancini Ranch RRV

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

julianseersmartin
Posts: 381
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1426 Post by julianseersmartin » May 24th, 2019, 10:39 am

Frank Murray III wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 10:10 am
Well, this could be true of some EB wines. However, the Marie-Courtin Eloquence and Marguet Crayeres and Les Bermonts are anything but lean. These are zero dose wines and drink with an expression that to me is far from lean.
Perhaps it's a different interpretation of the word lean - in this context I do not view it as a negative but merely a feature of this style.

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 34018
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1427 Post by Neal.Mollen » May 24th, 2019, 12:44 pm

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 4:21 am
Robert M yers wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 3:22 am
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 8:26 pm
How does one get these offers? I’ve dropped several grand on Envoyer since joining late last year and all I get is odds and ends champagne offers - none of the stuff y’all talk about. Last was Guy Charlemagne, which I bought, but that’s been about it.
[scratch.gif]
Your imagination Scott, there is no preferred list and there are no email issues on their end. Please check your email provider, they are most likely blocking Envoyers emails. rolleyes [berserker.gif]
I get Envoyer offers almost daily. Just not with the wines mentioned on this thread (or most of them). I’ll reach out to them to confirm.
Call them
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Sarah Kirschbaum
Posts: 2578
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1428 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » May 24th, 2019, 1:00 pm

Greg told me straights up not all offers go to all customers. That's perfectly okay, their prerogative. But if you feel you aren't seeing everything, it's likely true.

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 34018
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1429 Post by Neal.Mollen » May 24th, 2019, 1:22 pm

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 1:00 pm
Greg told me straights up not all offers go to all customers. That's perfectly okay, their prerogative. But if you feel you aren't seeing everything, it's likely true.
Even if they ask for to be on all of them? I called them and asked to be added to all of them and I am pretty sure I was.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

mattccheung
Posts: 93
Joined: September 14th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1430 Post by mattccheung » May 24th, 2019, 1:29 pm

My wallet sometimes wishes it didn't receive all of the offers...

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2421
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1431 Post by Robert M yers » May 24th, 2019, 1:58 pm

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 1:00 pm
Greg told me straights up not all offers go to all customers. That's perfectly okay, their prerogative. But if you feel you aren't seeing everything, it's likely true.
Thank you for confirming. They obviously have enough customers to sell their limited stuff and that’s fine, I just wish they would be upfront about their business model. I tried to be a customer as have many others, someday they may or may not regret that. If there truly is only so much champagne they can get then maybe not as the Pie is just too small to divvy up

User avatar
Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 9264
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 1:40 pm
Location: Home of the Mayo Clinic

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1432 Post by Chris Blum » May 24th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Yeah I kinda assume some of the wines are just not in quantities that a blast makes sense. You’re gonna piss off more customers than you make happy by “including them”.

If there’s a wine I hear about, I ask.
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

Russ Williams
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8386
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 9:58 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1433 Post by Russ Williams » May 24th, 2019, 4:38 pm

Zero issues here and I have been buying since Greg re-entered the business which I believe was somewhere around 2008. I am pretty pleased with my cellar and a large portion is made up of purchases from Envoyer. Almost everything in my cellar from France has been sourced through Greg, with the rest coming from Fass and Panzer. I can say without a doubt my cellar would be a whimper of itself without these sources. The internet has certainly been a game changer for wine lovers.
Listen to more Jerry, it will heal your soul.
9/1/74 - Keystone Berkeley

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 34018
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1434 Post by Neal.Mollen » May 24th, 2019, 4:42 pm

1. They do have a number of different lists

2. Not all customers are on all lists so not all get all the emails.

3. You can ask to be put on all lists.

4. I have no reason to believe (and nothing Sarah said suggests) that they will refuse to put you on all lists if you call and ask them.

5. I called and asked to be put on them all, and they did

6. I am not a whale or a celebrity. There is no reason for them to do this for me and not for others
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2421
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1435 Post by Robert M yers » May 24th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Neal I’ve asked via email four times now. The first time I was told flat out it couldn’t be done, due to the “system” they had at the time (this was probably almost 2 years ago). The other two times I’ve received no response. I sent another detailed email today. If they want me to call them, fine but they accept your order via email, not sure why this communication requires a phone call?

To me Sarah’s knowledge suggests that some of us may be on all lists but still not receive all offers. Russ has been on the list for a decade, if they want to give him first dibs or allocation that’s fine, just let me know so I don’t continually think I’m missing something that I should be getting. I was told upthread to switch internet providers because it’s my fault! I’m stumped as to why it’s such a secret, all I want to know is that I’ve done everything I can. If I have to buy something to prove I’m real or whatever their criteria may be I’d like to try and get there because they offer some nice champagnes at great prices at times.

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1436 Post by Josh Grossman » May 24th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Robert M yers wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 5:04 pm
Neal I’ve asked via email four times now. The first time I was told flat out it couldn’t be done, due to the “system” they had at the time (this was probably almost 2 years ago). The other two times I’ve received no response. I sent another detailed email today. If they want me to call them, fine but they accept your order via email, not sure why this communication requires a phone call?

To me Sarah’s knowledge suggests that some of us may be on all lists but still not receive all offers. Russ has been on the list for a decade, if they want to give him first dibs or allocation that’s fine, just let me know so I don’t continually think I’m missing something that I should be getting. I was told upthread to switch internet providers because it’s my fault! I’m stumped as to why it’s such a secret, all I want to know is that I’ve done everything I can. If I have to buy something to prove I’m real or whatever their criteria may be I’d like to try and get there because they offer some nice champagnes at great prices at times.
I'm sure that I get all the offers and I signed up 06/17. I think all will be solved with the imminent new website. There is an ability on their website, under your account, to check which lists you had signed up for. I do think Greg was just telling Sarah that not everyone is signed up for every list and there was a misunderstanding?

Check here to make sure you are on all lists: https://www.envoyerfinewines.com/module ... ame=Groups

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 310
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1437 Post by Troy Stark » May 24th, 2019, 6:05 pm

New website seems to be live. My account is not recognized. Tried PW recovery and no dice. Anyone have any info?
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2421
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1438 Post by Robert M yers » May 24th, 2019, 6:35 pm

Josh Grossman wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 5:15 pm
Robert M yers wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 5:04 pm
Neal I’ve asked via email four times now. The first time I was told flat out it couldn’t be done, due to the “system” they had at the time (this was probably almost 2 years ago). The other two times I’ve received no response. I sent another detailed email today. If they want me to call them, fine but they accept your order via email, not sure why this communication requires a phone call?

To me Sarah’s knowledge suggests that some of us may be on all lists but still not receive all offers. Russ has been on the list for a decade, if they want to give him first dibs or allocation that’s fine, just let me know so I don’t continually think I’m missing something that I should be getting. I was told upthread to switch internet providers because it’s my fault! I’m stumped as to why it’s such a secret, all I want to know is that I’ve done everything I can. If I have to buy something to prove I’m real or whatever their criteria may be I’d like to try and get there because they offer some nice champagnes at great prices at times.
I'm sure that I get all the offers and I signed up 06/17. I think all will be solved with the imminent new website. There is an ability on their website, under your account, to check which lists you had signed up for. I do think Greg was just telling Sarah that not everyone is signed up for every list and there was a misunderstanding?

Check here to make sure you are on all lists: https://www.envoyerfinewines.com/module ... ame=Groups
They are all checked on the website.

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2421
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1439 Post by Robert M yers » May 24th, 2019, 6:56 pm

Just check my Email received back this response...

Hi Sorry about this , these offers are sent to clients that have bought a fair amount from us in the past. Hopefully we can do some business together to get you on this list too.
Regards

Greg Koslosky
Envoyer Fine Wines

Ok, we can now put this to rest... Those of us puzzled folks now know why we aren’t getting offers. Those of you telling us we Were crazy because we don’t know how to check boxes or it’s the internet provider or some other crazy reason here it is.

I’ve no problem with any philosophy these guys or anybody else wants to use. I just wanted to know what it was. If I need to buy 6 cases of 06 Taittinger to get to the rarer stuff, just let me know. champagne.gif

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 923
Joined: November 29th, 2014, 9:10 am
Location: The Big D

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1440 Post by ykwon » May 24th, 2019, 7:34 pm

Which wines are on this preferred list?
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1441 Post by Josh Grossman » May 24th, 2019, 7:36 pm

The new website has some whales for sale, 2013 and 14 Bartolo Mascarello Barolo, 2014 Etienne Calsac Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Clos des Maladries.

Sarah Kirschbaum
Posts: 2578
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1442 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » May 25th, 2019, 1:22 am

Robert M yers wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 6:56 pm
Just check my Email received back this response...

Hi Sorry about this , these offers are sent to clients that have bought a fair amount from us in the past. Hopefully we can do some business together to get you on this list too.
Regards

Greg Koslosky
Envoyer Fine Wines

Ok, we can now put this to rest... Those of us puzzled folks now know why we aren’t getting offers.
Yes, that's pretty much what I was told as well, referred to earlier. Fine by me. I never asked about being added, just accepted it.

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18206
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1443 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » May 25th, 2019, 3:39 am

Robert, just our of curiosity, which missed offer(s) spurred your inquiries?
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2421
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1444 Post by Robert M yers » May 25th, 2019, 8:03 am

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 3:39 am
Robert, just our of curiosity, which missed offer(s) spurred your inquiries?
Brian, I get a champagne offer like every 2 weeks, where folks here post like every other day it seems. I get the offers for mass produced stuff you could buy anywhere. That makes it hard to join in initially. now that We know the rules I might buy something just to let them know I’m serious and see if that gets me on the “insider” list. I love their business model in general and like to support these types of operations, but man have they made it seemingly unnecessarily hard.

User avatar
Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 14778
Joined: March 6th, 2011, 10:57 am
Location: Town of Cats

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1445 Post by Craig G » May 25th, 2019, 8:14 am

I think we are left with the conclusion that Neal is, in fact, a whale.
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2421
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1446 Post by Robert M yers » May 25th, 2019, 8:16 am

Craig G wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 8:14 am
I think we are left with the conclusion that Neal is, in fact, a whale.
Oblivious to the plankton...

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18206
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1447 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » May 25th, 2019, 9:27 am

Gotcha, Robert. I hope things get on track for you. I do agree that transparency is always best.

I seem to get most emails, and I'm 100% confident I'm a mere guppie, so I doubt it will take much to open the door, so to speak.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Russ Williams
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8386
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 9:58 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1448 Post by Russ Williams » May 25th, 2019, 9:57 am

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 9:27 am
Gotcha, Robert. I hope things get on track for you. I do agree that transparency is always best.

I seem to get most emails, and I'm 100% confident I'm a mere guppie, so I doubt it will take much to open the door, so to speak.
Somehow I doubt you’re a mere guppie. [wink.gif]
Listen to more Jerry, it will heal your soul.
9/1/74 - Keystone Berkeley

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 310
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1449 Post by Troy Stark » May 25th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Well, I get all the offers discussed here and I am definitely a guppy. That said, we buy 90%+ of our modest collection from Envoyer, but still it's not that much.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 310
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1450 Post by Troy Stark » May 26th, 2019, 5:14 am

Robert M yers wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 6:56 pm
Just check my Email received back this response...

Hi Sorry about this , these offers are sent to clients that have bought a fair amount from us in the past. Hopefully we can do some business together to get you on this list too.
Regards

Greg Koslosky
Envoyer Fine Wines

Ok, we can now put this to rest... Those of us puzzled folks now know why we aren’t getting offers. Those of you telling us we Were crazy because we don’t know how to check boxes or it’s the internet provider or some other crazy reason here it is.

I’ve no problem with any philosophy these guys or anybody else wants to use. I just wanted to know what it was. If I need to buy 6 cases of 06 Taittinger to get to the rarer stuff, just let me know. champagne.gif
Only took 1400 some posts for us to figure this out (check post #3 on this thread...)! [snort.gif]
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”