Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Mason H
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 180
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 10:13 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1301 Post by Mason H » April 8th, 2019, 8:50 am

Anyone had the Nathalie Falmet Brut?
Mason Hewitt

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4456
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1302 Post by ky1em!ttskus » April 8th, 2019, 9:01 am

Grabbed three blind. Attractive price for quality producer.

Michael Klein
Posts: 407
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 10:01 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1303 Post by Michael Klein » April 8th, 2019, 12:56 pm

interested as well if anyone has notes on this - the 30% solera inclusion is interesting though its only a 10 year old solera

R. Frankel
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1502
Joined: January 24th, 2014, 11:07 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1304 Post by R. Frankel » April 8th, 2019, 2:19 pm

I've only had the 2010 Falmet Le Val Cornet and liked it a lot. Very good champagne for the price, my guess is that the NV is worth trying as well, especially at this price!
Rich Frankel

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4456
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1305 Post by ky1em!ttskus » April 8th, 2019, 3:22 pm

Also grabbed two of those mags. I’ve gotta slow down. [truce.gif]

ChrisM
Posts: 43
Joined: January 9th, 2015, 7:59 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1306 Post by ChrisM » April 8th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Mason H wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 8:50 am
Anyone had the Nathalie Falmet Brut?
I bought a case of the NV Falmet last year. It was my house bubbly for holiday parties. Was great for the price, nothing overly special but good champagne. Would buy again but I like rotating house bubbles.

The Val Coronet is great, I buy what I can find of that, much better but twice the price.
Chris Mueller
San Antonio, TX

User avatar
Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 9050
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 1:40 pm
Location: Home of the Mayo Clinic

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1307 Post by Chris Blum » April 9th, 2019, 2:11 pm

I’ve enjoyed Camille Saves rose, but has anybody had this? I’m in for a couple.
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

Charlie Carnes
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2047
Joined: April 30th, 2010, 2:13 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1308 Post by Charlie Carnes » April 9th, 2019, 3:39 pm

Chris Blum wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 2:11 pm
I’ve enjoyed Camille Saves rose, but has anybody had this? I’m in for a couple.
They are the absolute bomb from Bouzey... Fantastic rosé!!! I think they are a little better than the Egly-Ouriet rosé.
So shines a good deed in a weary world!

User avatar
Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 9050
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 1:40 pm
Location: Home of the Mayo Clinic

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1309 Post by Chris Blum » April 9th, 2019, 4:03 pm

I agree about the rosé but just to be clear; this is the Cuvée Anaïs Jolicoeur.
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7394
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1310 Post by Frank Murray III » April 9th, 2019, 4:20 pm

I'll be glad when the Envoyer offer system is upgraded, too. I got nothing offered today so it's this thread that caused me to call Carina. Maybe it's my email provider, maybe it's Envoyer--who knows.

I've had the Anais Jolicoeur before and it didn't wow me. I passed on the offer. But, like Charlie, I do like the Saves NV Rose and have had many bottles of it over the past few years and it's been a favorite. Since then I have added Mousse, Marguet, Mouzon-Leroux and others to my Rose holdings so it's not as important to reload the Saves Rose (in which Chris is correct, as that was not offered today).
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Champagne Eloquence Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet Père et Fils Champagne La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

User avatar
Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2181
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 8:24 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1311 Post by Warren Taranow » April 13th, 2019, 10:51 am

2014 Vilmart Grand Cellier d’Or. Opened a '98 just last night. Yes please.
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2624
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1312 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » April 13th, 2019, 11:28 am

Not from envoyer but crush posted mags of 09 Cristal at a decent price.

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7394
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1313 Post by Frank Murray III » April 15th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Boom.....dig the Marguet offer today. That one, it gonna hurt the tarjeta de credito. [help.gif]
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Champagne Eloquence Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet Père et Fils Champagne La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 476
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1314 Post by Josh Grossman » April 15th, 2019, 4:14 pm

Frank Murray III wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 2:53 pm
Boom.....dig the Marguet offer today. That one, it gonna hurt the tarjeta de credito. [help.gif]
Yeah, well worth it though. I was lucky to get my Les Crayères request. I can't imagine how 2014 could not be a great vintage?

Russ Williams
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7897
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 9:58 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1315 Post by Russ Williams » April 15th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Frank Murray III wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 2:53 pm
Boom.....dig the Marguet offer today. That one, it gonna hurt the tarjeta de credito. [help.gif]
I asked for some Chouilly. Would have gone much bigger, but I’m in big time downsizing mode.
Listen to more Jerry, it will heal your soul.
9/1/74 - Keystone Berkeley

DanielP
Posts: 376
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1316 Post by DanielP » April 15th, 2019, 4:48 pm

Josh Grossman wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 4:14 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 2:53 pm
Boom.....dig the Marguet offer today. That one, it gonna hurt the tarjeta de credito. [help.gif]
Yeah, well worth it though. I was lucky to get my Les Crayères request. I can't imagine how 2014 could not be a great vintage?
I think I've read you say this before about the 2014 vintage in Champagne broadly, and I don't really understand it. What about 2014 in Champagne makes you think it's some sort of great vintage? My impression is that it's solid, not great. Champagne is not Burgundy.
P@ik

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4456
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1317 Post by ky1em!ttskus » April 15th, 2019, 4:54 pm

DanielP wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 4:48 pm
Josh Grossman wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 4:14 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 2:53 pm
Boom.....dig the Marguet offer today. That one, it gonna hurt the tarjeta de credito. [help.gif]
Yeah, well worth it though. I was lucky to get my Les Crayères request. I can't imagine how 2014 could not be a great vintage?
I think I've read you say this before about the 2014 vintage in Champagne broadly, and I don't really understand it. What about 2014 in Champagne makes you think it's some sort of great vintage? My impression is that it's solid, not great. Champagne is not Burgundy.
This is the kind of expertise that keeps me around these parts.

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7394
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1318 Post by Frank Murray III » April 15th, 2019, 4:54 pm

Russ Williams wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 4:16 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 2:53 pm
Boom.....dig the Marguet offer today. That one, it gonna hurt the tarjeta de credito. [help.gif]
I asked for some Chouilly. Would have gone much bigger, but I’m in big time downsizing mode.
Feeling you, pal. Working my way towards rebalancing the cellar and i dig Benoit's wines. I didn't ask for everything as the range is close to a dozen wines now but Chouilly and the Ambonnay Rose, along with Ay are what i went after.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Champagne Eloquence Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet Père et Fils Champagne La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

Eric Sch
Posts: 247
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1319 Post by Eric Sch » April 15th, 2019, 5:19 pm

Got a rare shutdown on the 14 Vilmart. Luckily I got some of the other bottles I asked for recently. Going to stop saying what however to avoid generating more demand.

Just about shipping time... ugh. The best of times and the worst of times. Need more space!
Scheffeln

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2130
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1320 Post by AndrewH » April 16th, 2019, 9:05 am

Eric Sch wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 5:19 pm
Got a rare shutdown on the 14 Vilmart. Luckily I got some of the other bottles I asked for recently. Going to stop saying what however to avoid generating more demand.
You've got yours - what's the worry? champagne.gif
Andrew H e i m e r t

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2624
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1321 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » April 16th, 2019, 9:43 am

I don’t think gcdo will be hard to find at 80 a pop

Viet Ly
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 162
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 12:18 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1322 Post by Viet Ly » April 16th, 2019, 9:50 am

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:43 am
I don’t think gcdo will be hard to find at 80 a pop
What does gcdo stand for?

I bit for a pair of the 2008 Paul Bara Special Club offered this morning. Wanted some Marguet but I know my wife is not a fan of no dosage Champagne. We've enjoyed Paul Bara together in the past, and 2008 is our wedding vintage. Rationalizing my purchase since 2019 budget is going fast and it's only April [truce.gif]

Oh, and really enjoyed a bottle of 2013 Hebrart Special Club this past weekend at Republique. Offered a taste to our server who summed it up perfectly, "salty green apple". I thought it was a good price at $50/bottle from Envoyer

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 476
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1323 Post by Josh Grossman » April 16th, 2019, 10:02 am

Viet Ly wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:50 am
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:43 am
I don’t think gcdo will be hard to find at 80 a pop
What does gcdo stand for?
Grand Cellier d’Or

Viet Ly
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 162
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 12:18 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1324 Post by Viet Ly » April 16th, 2019, 10:04 am

Josh Grossman wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 10:02 am
Viet Ly wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:50 am
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:43 am
I don’t think gcdo will be hard to find at 80 a pop
What does gcdo stand for?
Grand Cellier d’Or
D'oh, thanks for clarifying Josh.

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 476
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1325 Post by Josh Grossman » April 16th, 2019, 10:14 am

DanielP wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 4:48 pm
Josh Grossman wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 4:14 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 2:53 pm
Boom.....dig the Marguet offer today. That one, it gonna hurt the tarjeta de credito. [help.gif]
Yeah, well worth it though. I was lucky to get my Les Crayères request. I can't imagine how 2014 could not be a great vintage?
I think I've read you say this before about the 2014 vintage in Champagne broadly, and I don't really understand it. What about 2014 in Champagne makes you think it's some sort of great vintage? My impression is that it's solid, not great. Champagne is not Burgundy.
I think it's going to be good for blanc de blancs (especially from Montagne de Reims) but you're right; some of that is based on how much I love 2014 Chablis. Cool summers with high acid wines seem to be getting more rare in all of France. I haven't opened any 2014 Champagnes yet.

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 136
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1326 Post by Troy Stark » April 16th, 2019, 10:17 am

Viet Ly wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:50 am
I bit for a pair of the 2008 Paul Bara Special Club offered this morning.
I was surprised to see the price jumped $20/btl since they offered it back in November.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
C Chen
Posts: 633
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:30 pm
Location: The OCLA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1327 Post by C Chen » April 16th, 2019, 10:20 am

Viet Ly wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:50 am

I bit for a pair of the 2008 Paul Bara Special Club offered this morning. Wanted some Marguet but I know my wife is not a fan of no dosage Champagne. We've enjoyed Paul Bara together in the past, and 2008 is our wedding vintage. Rationalizing my purchase since 2019 budget is going fast and it's only April [truce.gif]
Rescind the Paul Bara request and load up on '08 Doms instead champagne.gif
curt1S ch3N

Viet Ly
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 162
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 12:18 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1328 Post by Viet Ly » April 16th, 2019, 10:40 am

C Chen wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 10:20 am
Viet Ly wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:50 am

I bit for a pair of the 2008 Paul Bara Special Club offered this morning. Wanted some Marguet but I know my wife is not a fan of no dosage Champagne. We've enjoyed Paul Bara together in the past, and 2008 is our wedding vintage. Rationalizing my purchase since 2019 budget is going fast and it's only April [truce.gif]
Rescind the Paul Bara request and load up on '08 Doms instead champagne.gif
Wife doesn't like Dom T_T

Viet Ly
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 162
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 12:18 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1329 Post by Viet Ly » April 16th, 2019, 10:50 am

Troy Stark wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 10:17 am
Viet Ly wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:50 am
I bit for a pair of the 2008 Paul Bara Special Club offered this morning.
I was surprised to see the price jumped $20/btl since they offered it back in November.
$20 increase? Remorse kicking in....

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 136
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1330 Post by Troy Stark » April 16th, 2019, 11:01 am

C Chen wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 10:20 am
Rescind the Paul Bara request and load up on '08 Doms instead champagne.gif
The Bara is better for 1/2 the price, IMO.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 136
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1331 Post by Troy Stark » April 16th, 2019, 11:04 am

Sorry, it was actually January (not trying to rub salt in the wound...)
Untitled.png
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Viet Ly
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 162
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 12:18 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1332 Post by Viet Ly » April 16th, 2019, 11:07 am

Troy Stark wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 11:04 am
Sorry, it was actually January (not trying to rub salt in the wound...)

Untitled.png
Lol, wow... even worse -_-;

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2130
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1333 Post by AndrewH » April 16th, 2019, 11:44 am

Troy Stark wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 11:04 am
Sorry, it was actually January (not trying to rub salt in the wound...)

Untitled.png
Though now you compare at $100+ ;)
Andrew H e i m e r t

User avatar
C Chen
Posts: 633
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:30 pm
Location: The OCLA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1334 Post by C Chen » April 16th, 2019, 1:53 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 11:01 am

The Bara is better for 1/2 the price, IMO.
Never been much of a Bara fan, but I can see the appeal.
curt1S ch3N

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 31204
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1335 Post by Neal.Mollen » April 16th, 2019, 1:56 pm

The rosé is killer
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7394
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1336 Post by Frank Murray III » April 16th, 2019, 5:39 pm

gawd, those Special Club bottles are a PITA for me to store. Aside from my Mousse wines that I do buy for SC, I just cannot store them so I pass.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Champagne Eloquence Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet Père et Fils Champagne La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4456
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1337 Post by ky1em!ttskus » April 17th, 2019, 10:07 am

NV Chartogne-Taillet and rose — in for 2x2

User avatar
Dennis Atick
Posts: 6097
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 6:48 pm
Location: East Atlanta

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1338 Post by Dennis Atick » April 17th, 2019, 10:25 am

ky1em!ttskus wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 10:07 am
NV Chartogne-Taillet and rose — in for 2x2
St Anne is the closest thing I have to a "house" champagne. Love it.
@decaturwinedude

mattccheung
Posts: 19
Joined: September 14th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1339 Post by mattccheung » April 17th, 2019, 11:04 am

ky1em!ttskus wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 10:07 am
NV Chartogne-Taillet and rose — in for 2x2
Ugh once again left out on the email!!! [soap.gif]

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7394
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1340 Post by Frank Murray III » April 17th, 2019, 11:15 am

Matt, just call and talk to Carina. It's never hard to reach them.

I just saw the offer. At $45, that is a pretty solid price for the Rose. Likely gonna ask for 3 as my Rose inventory is not yet where I need it.
My WOTY candidates for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Champagne Eloquence Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut

My best wines of 2018:
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet Père et Fils Champagne La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

Kindness matters.

mattccheung
Posts: 19
Joined: September 14th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1341 Post by mattccheung » April 17th, 2019, 11:30 am

Frank Murray III wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 11:15 am
Matt, just call and talk to Carina. It's never hard to reach them.

I just saw the offer. At $45, that is a pretty solid price for the Rose. Likely gonna ask for 3 as my Rose inventory is not yet where I need it.
Will do, is the rose $45 or $49? Thx!

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4456
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1342 Post by ky1em!ttskus » April 17th, 2019, 11:59 am

$50 and $40 / 10% off three or more, mix and match.

mattccheung
Posts: 19
Joined: September 14th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1343 Post by mattccheung » April 17th, 2019, 12:57 pm

ky1em!ttskus wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 11:59 am
$50 and $40 / 10% off three or more, mix and match.
Ah makes sense now, getting pair each, even better deal now.

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2130
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1344 Post by AndrewH » April 17th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Frank Murray III wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 11:15 am
Matt, just call and talk to Carina. It's never hard to reach them.
Or email.

I had this problem as well. They added me to all lists, using a different email address.

So, now I get doubles of some email and singles of others. For sure I don't get doubles of all Champagne offers.

My suspicion is that the email program doesn't accurately follow user signups for less than all lists, or they aren't using it correctly (don't know how it works at their end - e.g., do they tick a box saying "send to all Champagne list").
Andrew H e i m e r t

mattccheung
Posts: 19
Joined: September 14th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1345 Post by mattccheung » April 17th, 2019, 2:20 pm

AndrewH wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 1:51 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 11:15 am
Matt, just call and talk to Carina. It's never hard to reach them.
Or email.

I had this problem as well. They added me to all lists, using a different email address.

So, now I get doubles of some email and singles of others. For sure I don't get doubles of all Champagne offers.

My suspicion is that the email program doesn't accurately follow user signups for less than all lists, or they aren't using it correctly (don't know how it works at their end - e.g., do they tick a box saying "send to all Champagne list").
Stopped by this afternoon since I needed to pick up a few arrivals. They don't exactly know why their systems don't blast their offers to everyone subscribed. They do have some personal mailing lists that they send one off. Saw sooooo many champagnes in the warehouse ready to be shipped. I probably only received a handful of those offers.

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 31204
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1346 Post by Neal.Mollen » April 22nd, 2019, 10:15 am

Paul Bara rose in halves? Yes please.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
EHeffner
Posts: 272
Joined: March 13th, 2018, 8:23 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1347 Post by EHeffner » April 22nd, 2019, 10:35 am

Neal.Mollen wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:15 am
Paul Bara rose in halves? Yes please.
The quality should remain the same, regardless of 750ml or 375ml, correct? Some recent notes on CT from halves have be questioning
Evan Heffner

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 31204
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1348 Post by Neal.Mollen » April 22nd, 2019, 11:09 am

EHeffner wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:35 am
Neal.Mollen wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:15 am
Paul Bara rose in halves? Yes please.
The quality should remain the same, regardless of 750ml or 375ml, correct? Some recent notes on CT from halves have be questioning
I've never had the Bara rose in .375 format, but I've been buying the wine for 20 years or more and am not worried.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4456
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1349 Post by ky1em!ttskus » April 22nd, 2019, 11:09 am

Evan, this is an open debate, I believe. But... like Neal, in for just a few halves.

User avatar
Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 9050
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 1:40 pm
Location: Home of the Mayo Clinic

Re: Envoyer is crushing it with Champagne these days

#1350 Post by Chris Blum » April 22nd, 2019, 12:40 pm

‘16 Dagueneau Silex Mags $269 could be a special experience in 20 years.
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”