TN: 2013 Domaine Guiberteau Saumur Blanc Brézé

• 2013 Domaine Guiberteau Saumur Blanc Brézé - France, Loire Valley, Anjou-Saumur, Saumur (5/20/2017)
    Color: Light golden yellow
    Smell: Beeswax, lemon, and slate
    Taste: Lemon, green apple, with trace notes of saline lingering throughout the finish.
    Overall: This is amazingly complex; a wine for the acid heads. This is a light-bodied beauty that’s framed by high acidity with a richness of fruit that reminds me a bit of a cross between Musar Blanc & Château Simone. The razor’s edge cut along with the lightness in body makes this so light and refreshing that I can’t imagine a better wine for the summer.
    FOOD PAIRING: This was paired with a lobster roll and coleslaw…and that seemed just about perfect. I’d also imagine that Oysters, Seafood, Thai, and other Asian dishes would be a lovely pairing. Along with charcuterie or salty foods like fried chicken. Outstanding!!!

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note - if you liked this, you should check out the wines of Chateau de Breze. A friend recently introduced me to their Clos de la Rue and I was hooked. The more-ish salinity on the back end is astoundingly good.

+1 on Ch. de Breze!

@kirk - awesome note! I tried the 2007 basic Saumur in London last December and really liked it: