Who is using DIAM?

From posts on a number of threads, it seems so far that using DIAM closures may be reducing or eliminating premox. I don’t really know until I open a bottle as to who is using DIAM. I thought it would be helpful to start a list. Started thinking about this with respect to white Burgundy, but we might as well leave it open since premox seems to be hitting other areas like the Loire, etc. Thanks for any help.

1 Like

Jadot since 2011 and that’s the vintage I currently drink. It’s amazing how uniformly the whites age, no bottle variation what so ever, 0 premox and 0 corked. Big fan of Diam so far.

1 Like

I’ve seen Diams on a number of lesser wines from Northwest Italy (i.e., a producer’s barbera but not its Barolo).

1 Like

Well done I thought we’d had a good thread on this awhile back. :slight_smile:

Pepiere uses it in their Briords and Clisson
I think Foradori uses it in her base bottling

1 Like

Recently I opened Anne Gros Savigny Lavieres 2014 … it was with DIAM.
Also JJ Confuron for 7-8 years …
(not much help for whites though)

Bouchard Père et Fils and William Fèvre have been working with DIAM for a bit over a decade now.

Eyrie

How can you tell if a cork is a DIAM cork?

1 Like

Thanks. Very interesting. So will it always have such shallow staining?

1 Like

No. It will be branded DIAM.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll start keeping an eye out for them. I would think, though, that many wineries would rather have their own branding on the cork. Might they use DIAM but have their own logo on the cork instead?

Patricia Green and Shafer

The DIAM logo is tiny. Wineries add their own info as well.

The DIAM logo is very small. Its a struggle to tell the difference between DIAM3 and DIAM5. There’s plenty of space for branding.

Here’s a plain DIAM 5:
IMG_4692.JPG

Yes. We started in 2014 along with many other Oregon wineries. Bergstrom uses them as well. I am simply looking for TCA-free material and in the 1,000+ bottles opened I have been present for 0 have been corked.

We are running trials in 2016 with a company called Amorim which is just a regular cork but each individual cork is tested with gas chromatography technology to detect TCA. The corks we are buying are rejected at any TCA detection over 0.5 ppm. Bottled half the Estate Sauvignon Blanc with them and will do 50/50 bottlings with 3 Pinots later this year. They are pricey for sure but if we can get a 0% standard it is worth paying for. We shall see.

Here is a link for those interested.

http://www.amorimcork.com/media-center/news/?item_id=N344

The Diam Closure has printing on it to simulate the appearance of real cork.

Huh? It looks like mashed together bits of cork, which is essentially what it is.