Can You Recommend Some Organic or Biodynamic Wines?

A friend of mine (seriously) wants to know what organic and biodynamic wines I recommend. Thought I would ask the Berserker community for recommendations!

Ideally, ones likely to be available here in the U.S., and including reds (as she loves reds). But all organic and biodynamic wines you recommend are welcome suggestions!

Thank you!

Brick House and Beaux Freres come to mind immediately, but there are a lot of them in Oregon.

And a lot here in CA and France too, Rick.

I love this topic, Barry. Yet, there is bureaucracy and nuance to it, and then politics that get wrapped into it, too. What I appreciate about a # of producers I support, some across the ocean, is that they take this path and produce wines from this perspective.

it might help if you offered a price range so people are not replying all over the map with wines that may (or not) be affordable to your friend.

Definitely Brick House and Kelley Fox for bio. Great wines.

IIRC some of the Matello/Goodfellow, Paetra, Walter Scott wines are from organic vineyards. Isn’t Cameron organic or damn close?

Chandon de Briailles

Great idea Frank. Let’s say $30-150 per bottle, generally.

Been doing some digging and it also seems Araujo Estate is biodynamic. Spottswoode is certified organic.

For Italian, these are Biodynamic: Castelgiocondo, Col d’Orcia, Il Poggione, Camigliano

And Banfi importers (which I’d confused with Castello Banfi) brings in Emiliana from South America

Would love some French options and some Cali Pinot and Chard producers too.

Well this undercuts your price range at about $12, but it is surprisingly good stuff. [cheers.gif]
biokult_PN.jpg

Littorai

Chambers Street Wines in NYC has a lot of them…

Seriously? I would have never guessed but I guess the world is full of surprises.

To recommend something, I like COS, Meinklang and Foradori.

Bloomer Creek
Joe Swick
Agnès and René Mosse
Arianna Occhipinti
Hervé Souhaut

Maysara in Oregon (the Momtazi vineyard) is farmed biodynamically, as is Tablas Creek in Paso Robles.

Actually, I think it’s Emiliana that’s biodynamic…

“A Look At Castello Banfi’s Groundbreaking Ethical Practices And Banfi Vintner’s Ethical Wine Offerings”

And I just had a Fordaori and liked it. Didn’t realize it was biodynamically or organically produced.

Burgundy: in addition to Chandon de Briailles there is Lafarge.

As for Italy, here is an association of natural wine producers:
http://www.vinnatur.org/en/
Foradori is a member.

Re: Emiliana that sounds more like it. If you liked Foradori then I think you would also enjoy the likes of COS, Occhipinti and even ArPePe as all are very clean and refreshing wines.

Some more Burgs (top of my head)
Lafon
Leroy
Montille
Rosignol-Trapet
Trapet

Alsace
Zind-Humbrecht

Languedoc-Rousillon
Gauby