Home cellar

Finally up and running. Purely functional, but I think it looks fine. Happy to chat about choices and tradeoffs if anyone is interested.
IMG_20170430_1741598.jpg
IMG_20170430_1754438.jpg

Wow very nice. Do you plan on keeping the natural color of that wood? Also, what are those pieces of wood that are sticking out? Are those to stand up bottles when needed?

Looks nice Paul. Now set about filling it up! [cheers.gif]

Sweet!

What is the capacity of that cellar?

The projections are vertical holders. The cellar should hold around 6000, so there’s a lot of moving and logging to be done. No plans to stain - it’s gonna look like a lot of bottles when I’m finished.

Looks great!

Nice job!

Beautiful!

Yay!

Perfect!

I’m jealous.

Your “purely functional” is pretty awesome!

Literally the only aesthetically driven choice was to paint the walls. The biggest surprise was that cheaping out on anything non-functional still looks just fine.

Paul, consider me jealous. How many bottles does it hold, is the wall racking single or double deep, and (because it’s hard to see), what sort of options did you go with for the island? And how many sqft is the room?

Paul, looks great. I’m going to be coming to you with questions when i get into planning stages…

1. How big is room?
  2. What did you use for cooling? Insulation??

+1!

Although the duct through the middle gives it that loft-chic-functionality.

My first thought as well.

This is a really great cellar. We mostly made the same choices as you, other than we put a nice door on it and tiled the floor. Ours is 1/5 the size of yours though, and already pretty much full. I dearly wish we had a room like that.

I’m also curious how large the room is.

It looks fantastic. It’s going to be a thing of beauty when full. :slight_smile:

I recently did a functional in-home cellar as well.

Far smaller (2,200 bottles) and using powder coated metal double racking.

If I am judicious (doubtful), I won’t outgrow it too quickly!
IMG_0169.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG

What cooling system?
PS…I Like the spiral duct.