2010 Gonon St. Joseph sells for $120 - Winebid

Great wine, but that price surprises me.

I saw this – totally irrational, for my wallet/cellar.

Yow! That’s inflation. Guigal has St. Joe’s near that range but that is insane. [wow.gif]

Not that I was paying that, but, I’d much rather have Gonon’s St Joe over Guigal’s Lieu-dit

…at the same $120 price point.

Stupidity.

Was it the vielles vignes?

I have a shit-ton of Gonon. I drink a lot of this stuff. I love Gonon. I know Gonon. Gonon ain’t Jamet, Allemand or Clape.

Sorry, not a $120 wine. It’s appropriately priced sub-$50.

Well, I’d pay that for the VV unicorn, but those are near-impossible to find anyway.

Could be stupidity, or perhaps someone was trying to source a specific wine for a tasting or to fill a slot for a vertical.

Sure it wasn’t the VV? The 2010 VV is about to be, or just has been, released.

What has WB done to this wine!!?? CURSES!

^
But we’re still staying mum on PYCM, right…?

$120 was the hammer price… so more like $150 all-in. 2009 sold for the same; neither VV.

Ridiculous

I just told a friend to pass on 2014 at $70. Very good but not great vintage for Gonon.

I wouldn’t pay $150 for the 2010, but how often do these hit the market? It only takes two people who really want to backfill to drive up the price.

Michael

Shh

There was a gas station located near work that was always a $1.00 a gallon higher than the highest priced competitor, people still bought gas there.

Yikes.

This.

I also saw this and thought “surely the VV,” but alas, I was wrong. It’s particularly inexplicable when you see that regular W-S shows it for $99.95, and appears to be legit. Even that price is crazy though. But then, someone had Pappy 10 on CC for $350, so I’ve simply accepted that no incident of overpricing should seem shocking anymore.

Even if $120-$150 is not the new normal for the likes of the Gonon St Joe normale, this sort of thing is definitely a Berserkers effect on pricing (with an assist to cellartracker). It may take a few years to fully kick in, but we’ve all seen board darlings get a buzz and double in price in fairly short order.

Time to dig up all my Gonon to send to winebid.