Do Mature TBA's Typically Show Petrol?

On a recent Sauternes thread, some were stating why they prefer German and Austrian stickies to Sauternes and Barsacs. Lack of sufficient acidity, too much viscosity, and too sweet were some of the objections with S&B and it was suggested that TBS’s would not generally have these characteristics perceived as undesirable.
I’m neutral regarding petrol aromas that are common with aged Riesling in that it doesn’t bother me but I don’t particularly find it desirable. It’s certainly not something that I would want to experience everytime I’m enjoying a dessert wine. So I’m wondering, is a petrol sensation common with older TBA’s?

My very recent tastings of 2009 TBA Rotkipfler, 2001 JJ Prüm and 2001 Weil did not reveal any notes of petrol and I can’t remember ever to experience it. Wonder if someone did.

Another good option which is always well received by our guest is Tokaij Aszu which I prefer to Barsac and Sauterne wines for reasons mentioned already above.

Has Prum 01 TBA been released?

Drinking good TBA is pretty expensive so I can’t be comprehensive but my answer would be that the good ones don’t generally have Petrol notes.

I’ve never had a German BA/TBA that has shown any petrol notes. I think the botrytis character
pretty much overwhelms any possible petrol notes.
Tom

I have not run into petrol in BA/TBA types wines. Heck, those wines are so big and effusive that any petrol would likely get overwhelmed.

I believe they do, but because of the intensity and concentration, this takes a back note. For me, more of a tactile thing at this level.

I think if you really age them long long enough you could get a whiff.

I’ve had some from the 50s and 60s which showed some minor petrol notes. Not over the top but clearly present.

No petrol, and I also prefer TBA and BA to Sauternes (also find good Vin Santo more in my wheelhouse).