Sandler six pack available. $150 all in

If anyone here has been on the fence with this one, now is a good time to try him. Some recent good press on the Bien Nacido PN only solidifies what I already know, it’s awesome.

Cheers!

Do you know if his Chardonnay gets full malo?

I’m in. Just have to decide how many!!!

Love the price. And, love the wine even more. Heintz is one of my favorite Chardonnays to drink with food. These are my favorite wines to share with non-wine geeks. It doesn’t bother me as much if someone puts an ice cube in a $25 bottle vs. $85 bottle ($25- sad/laugh, $85- I cry).

Any thoughts on ground shipping from the west coast, at this time of year?

Is Sandler Pinot one of the funkier pinots or more fruit dominant?

In for one. Better deal than on BD! Anxious to try the variety.

I don’t think of either term. To me they are generally pure, light bodied, with a pretty “clarity” of fruit. Dominant is too strong of a word to describe the fruit in Sandler PNs.

Sandler pinots are fairly medium in style for California - I might put it the the very general camp with Swan, Scherrer, pre-2000 Dehlinger, Qupe. I think they work well with wine enthusiasts and civilians.

Michael, it does indeed go through full malolactic. That way, I can bottle it unfiltered. My goal is to make as lean and “unbuttery” a Chard as possible with the excellent Heintz fruit I get. So, I don’t use any new oak, and the malolactic happens right after primary fermentation in the fall, and none of that buttery diacetyl is noticeable in the wine by the time it’s bottled 15 months later. As far as I know, no one has called this 2015 or the 2014 Heintz Chard buttery.

Thanks for the comments and compliments, everyone else!

I grabbed one and may go for another. Ed is a great guy to deal with and his wines are fantastic. At this price, it’s a no brainer.

Thanks for the heads up on this! Missed out on BD but excited to have another chance to give Sandler a try.

Pobega has already drunk the entire six pack, as you might have expected.

That was yesterday…

Would have been the day before that, but the regular delivery guy was on vacation and the sub got lost enroute.

I’m in for 4 6-packs… for me and a couple of friends.

I read your description of your Cab on your Website Ed. Tell me more…What other Cabs would you compare it to in terms of style/profile?

Realized that my Berserker Day Sandlers were already gone! [wow.gif] So just ust ordered two of the Spring 6packs and Ed was kind enough to mix a bunch of the chard in the 2nd 6 pack but I’m already thinking I should have ordered more. Crazy good value for lovely wines. Thank you Ed!

Seems too good to pass up; In for some.