MASTERS...what ya drinkin?

Doing some Masters champion blinds…86-Jack, 92-Boom Boom, 97-Tiger, 04-Phil…

You? [cheers.gif]

Bobby Alfert is there…took the private Jet with a couple clients…boss

I’m sure he’s drinking well.

Though I’m drinking a beer and watching Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich

Cayuse!

Sojourn pinot noir

Uncorked the SQN Gallinita. Also some hockey tonight (DU MBA grad), so re-cork the rose and perhaps go with a CdP…

Cheers,
JP

Andreas Oster, 2004 Eiswein, cold from the fridge. Close to midnight here, and this “energy drink” is perfect. [popcorn.gif]

-Søren.

OK, hmmmmm…

I gotta go home and come up with a theme.

Good pork chop with rosemary match?

Boom Boom(92) takes the green jacket! Another WONDERFUL 90’s Souverain Winemakers Reserve…little brett funk, leather, perfectly ripe plum and cherry fruits, dusty old cellar spice…Tiger(97) runner up…well balanced smooth still liqueured berry fruits, leather, tobacco…Jack(86) takes third…shows its age, nutty walnut oil, high toned acidity, sour skin fruits, dried tobacco/herbs, actually darkened up later on in the night…fourth place Phil(04)…still youthful, somewhat monolithic, sweet cherry liqueur, plum skin, new leather, mocha(70/30 cab franc/merlot).

Clouet Rose #3, despite the color, a rather masculine, and agreeable champagne. Wasn’t necessarily rooting for Sergio, but kind of cool to see him win.

Fortuitously we were drinking a CVNE Imperial '78. A balanced and stimulating conversation wine, just as expected. Goes especially well with golf. Though given the time zone we moved on to a Macallan 12 YO Old Sherry Oak cask for the playoff.

one of my good friends nephew is the sommolier at Oakmont country club. He was invited to the Masters to serve wine for the week.He said he drank more good wine in a week than he has in his entire life
Opened a 2011 Repris moon mountain cab

Rioja now. champagne.gif