TN: 2014 Campesino Grenache Steel Plow Vineyard

Berserker Day buy that I have been anticipating opening. Haven’t had one of Macario’s Grenache yet. Will probably wait a year or two before opening another one.

• 2014 Campesino Grenache Steel Plow Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (3/30/2017)
    Night 2 notes. Strawberry and a wonderful floral perfume element to the nose. Medium bodied, gritty, stemmy, abundant slightly green tannins. Red fruit, chewy, earthy. Lots going on, needs time to settle down.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note Brian. I agree. Macario’s Syrahs are ready to drink right away (even better with age) but the Grenache seem to do better with a little time.

I bought both Syrah, Grenache and the Whites/Rose this past Berserker Day. Just received last week. Solid value.

Anybody have this lately? I’m thinking about opening for Grenache Day.

Its hitting a stride right now… We opened up a few bottles recently for a tasting and the aromatics really were popping. Thanks for the support…

I picked up a few bottles of the 2015…this is making me think that I should wait a year or so to open them?

I liked this very much. Great red fruit. I like Brian’s definition of the tannins as gritty.