How long have I been asleep? Since when did a Lalande de Pomerol cost $350?

From latest Chicago Wine Company offer:
2000 Chateau La Fleur de Bouard, Le Plus, Lalande de Pomerol (750ml) 99 $350.00

2001 still $90 at a retailer I frequent.

2000: RP 99p.
-Low production, and the debut vintage at the same time!
Never seen a Le plus bottle, only photos.
A “true collectors must have”, and here it’s easy to make the complete vertical. [wink.gif]

Too rich for Me, and Bouard is not My style.
(But I’ll try it, if offered a sample.)

-Søren.

“Le Plus” = vinted for points?

I think K&L had some of the 2012 Le Plus in the $60-70 zone.

I’ve never seen it.

It has extra du Bouard goodness in it.

I had the 2001 a few years ago. It was as horrible as you would expect.

FIFY

I never had the Le Plus 2000, but coincidently I was served the “Fleur” 2000 last Saturday - side by side with my Tertre-Roteboeuf 1989 …

I´ve to say the Fleur was astonishing fine, deep, concentrated, very long and mouthfilling, but balanced and also really elegant, however still a bit youthful … so my Tertre-R. got the crown on this evening, but also due to the perfect maturity …
I´d say: La Fleur 94 points, TR 96 points …
So if Le Plus is better still … [wow.gif]

The 3rd wine was a bit disapointing: 1998 La Croix/Pomerol … could have been a Loire Cabernet Franc, so green and slightly bitter … not worth of the good year …
either over the hill (?) or a bad bottle (not corked !)

[wink.gif] Same difference.

La Fleur really is a good wine.

I have never had the desire to try Le Plus.

I really liked the 1999, and especially the 2000 vintage. I was not as fond of subsequent vintages, including 2003 and 2005, shetr I believe the oak has become more pronounced.

What’s a shetr?

If you have to ask…

That price is def straight out of la-la-lande. The point of La Fleur and Le Plus, when I get it, is to get a much cheaper alternative, albeit less-good cousin to Angelus.

But there’s a bottle of 2000 Chateau Angelus on auction for $301 in HK right now. Why pay more for the Le Plus de La Fleur de Bouard?

I suddenly realized that I have actually tasted this at a press lunch with Hubert de Bouard. I don’t have any notes, but I do remember it as being rich and fruity and very soft. Certainly did not rock my world, and obviously as can be seen, quite forgettable.

Had a 1/2 bottle last year and was very disappointed.Definitely not worth 350