TN: 2014 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Whistling Ridge Vineyard

• 2014 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Whistling Ridge Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Ribbon Ridge (3/17/2017)
    This is one of the best surprises I have had in the wine world in a while. I am afraid I won’t do it justice in this note. The color is limpid, light red, with a pretty autumnal hue. All at once a kaleidoscope of color and texture present themselves. It has pretty and generous, but light bodied, red fruit attack. It is balanced and just on the right side of succulent, but better than succulent, more like fresh and textured. There is a complex depth to this wine that is hard to describe. Kinda like it is imbued with nature. This, and the pretty aromas of forest berry, baking spice, and spring woods, have given me a world class Pinot Noir that I will be dreaming about for a while.

Berserkerday Score!!! (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Damnit, I just may need to leave the moratorium and get some '14 Goodfellow wines for drinking while waiting on the '11 and '13. [wow.gif]

Tx for this note Bought a bunch of these after tasting the 2013

I’m so used to these young Whistling Ridge pinots from Marcus being reticent, if not grumpy and unyielding in their youth. Interesting to see this showing so well so soon. Maybe this warm weather has had some upsides after all.

My thoughts exactly.

Charlie, did you decant this or was it PnP? Great note.

PnP, but drunk over a few hours.

Thanks for the note! Sounds fantastic. I know I tasted this Marcus but was lazy and didn’t keep notes. I have yet to input my bottles into CT but I am probably have some of this sitting in my locker.

Jason

This doesn’t really do it justice, but here is my TN:

C: Slightly brownish red, translucent
N: Nice!
P: IIRC decanted a few hours. Opens a bit thicker and less acidic than the '13 Durant. Very interesting and compelling, really pulls you in. Though still young (if not as much as the '13 Durant), it already shows a lively and integrated structure. This is high-grade PN!

Posted from CellarTracker