Monte Bello Futures

Does anyone know if there is a waiting list to join (and if so, how long)? Thanks

The program has changed (and continues to change) but I am pretty sure the answer is no. In another thread, there is discussion about the fact that there now are hostage wines (the Estate wines, which are solid to terrific) but I am pretty sure there is no wait.

I would encourage you to call them. The programs (there are many) are confusing and overlapping, and the people there could not be nicer or easier to deal with

I joined a few weeks ago based on discussion here. Got confirmed within a couple of days.

Was charged

MAR 3
RIDGE VINEYARDS AND WI 0024 - CUPERTINO, CA
$199.41

And a few minutes ago this posted

MAR 15
FUTURES RIDGE VINEYARDS AND WINERY
$278.11

Assuming you joined the 2 bottle Monte Bello Collector club with 1 bottle of each of the Estate wines, the first charge is your Estate wine shipment, which is:
1 x 2014 Estate Cab
1 x 2014 Estate Merlot
1 x 2015 Estate Chard
(~ $50 each plus tax and shipping)

The second charge is your futures (40% off) charge for wines to be delivered in 2019:
2 x 2016 Monte Bello
$115 each plus tax and shipping)

Also to note: this summer Ridge will release the 2014 Monte Bello and as a member you can buy it pre-release (normally August) at 10% off and free shipping.

Does anyone have any thoughts on 2017 futures coming up? I went deep on 2016 (daughters birth year), trying to decide on quantity for this year.

Good vintage. The Cabs I had my mitts on from the general area (Saratoga and Woodside) were both well below normal yield, but high quality. Cab from the southern end of the SCM seemed like normal yield.

There’ll be notes and impression posted from the Monte Bello Components tasting March 10-11.

Nice, thanks for sharing Wes

Honestly, while the “Draper perfume” (Baugher now?) of American oak is fairly distinctive, Monte Bello is one of the few great, iconic American wines that never succumbed to Parkeritis in the 90’s-00’s, that has had consistently beautiful quality for decades, and that still makes its wines in the long-aging fashion they did decades ago.

In futures, it’s such an incredible deal. Even at retail price it blows away most of its competitors. I love the vintage variation for intellectual interest but I honestly have never had a less-than-excellent Monte Bello.