TN: 2014 Caroline Morey Chassagne 1er Champs-Gain

I’m loving these '14 White Burgs / Chablis. Recent bottles of Niellon Truffiere and Dauvissat Forets have been rocking. And this Caroline Morey is on-point Chassagne. Out of a tiny sample, I’ve liked Caroline’s wines better than PYCM in '14 at similar levels.

2014 Caroline Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Champs-Gain
Impressive wine. Very light color with piercing citrus nose and sulfur. Give this one some air. The concentrated, hyper-fresh palate shows lemon cream and blood orange with attractive minerality and bright acids. Middleweight but with dry extract and some depth. This is coiled and young, perhaps a bit linear, and shows some oak, but all in all this is the real deal. Much better after a few hours of air. I think Meadows underrated this one. 93

Thanks for the note. Loved this at the EP tastings and bought both the white and red! Very sad how her prices were jacked up for the 15s though.

Dan - who brings her wines into the UK?

A&B Vintners. They also bring in PYCM.

When I tasted through a few of her wines, I found quite a wide range of styles. The Champ Gain was more fleshy and round, with some apparent oak sweetness. I really liked the Caillerets for its focus and minerality.