2014 Cirq Pinot

Anybody do any tasting? Even barrel samples?

I like talking to myself.
Looks like July .

Release is July 19th. Anybody taste or see any reviews anywhere?

WS just had the 2014 Treehouse and Bootlegger’s Hill reviewed in the Insider last week.

Treeshouse review sounds like classic RR with the first three words of the review “plum and juicy”
Bootlegger’s is a different RR animal “a very delicate style”
Both got 92’s FWIW

Thanks. If you’re a Scoresman (Howard Stern reference), the scores are lower for the 2014s vs the 2013s.

Holding at $125 for 2014??

I can’t see how on God’s green earth they could actually raise prices in 2014…but they raised it 25% last year. Silliness…

I am on the fence on this one this year. been buying since the first offer but man just a lot of wine out there and they all hit at once right now. The one saving grace is I think they have had in the past no minimum bottle purchase which kept me on last year as I only bought 1 of each Pinot

Bd, why not just score a bottle and see what you think? I know the price is steep, but you seem interested in Cirq and while I cannot tell whether you own or have drank it before, treat yourself and try one if you have not. Unfortunately, I can’t offer you any info on Cirq, as I have not had it. My reply here is simply to get after doing something good for yourself.

$25 price increase last year really pissed me off.
Bought much less than I otherwise would have.

Indeed. 25% price increase led me to a 33% reduction in bottles.

(Well, actually maybe I bought 4 instead of 3, but 2 of each of the 2 wines instead of the 3 I had bought in previous years).

Then again, with a waiting list that they claim is 2 years long*

*Living in Washington, I’m quite familiar with the legend of the football team’s “waiting list” - Redskins season ticket waiting list is a mystery to fans, sports experts | Washington Examiner

Same here . On the fence but will prob buy 1 and 1-same as I did for the 2013 last year. We share the wine with friends of ours and they buy dinnner. I have/had the 2011 and 2012.

Btw Chenoweth (grower for Cirq) makes a wine that is a blend of Treehouse and Bootleggers (the 2 Cirq vineyards) and Chenoweth Ranch. Had the 2012 and it was dynamite . Holding a 2013 and will be buying the 2014 . And roughly half the price of Cirq. Just sayin’.

I also bought a couple of the 2012 and 2013 Chenoweth pinots… half the price, and almost as good.

That is interesting. Is Charlie Chenoweth making the wines?

Thanks, Tom

From what I can tell, no. Someone named Corey/Cory Albury it seems.

Looking at average price on CT, it appears the price is still $125. Although these could be insiders with a discount?

You buying the 14? I just bought a couple . 13s available and a bit discounted .

Actually, I just signed up for their mailing list. I will most likely pick up a few of both.

Can’t help with that vintage, but was treated to a taste of the 12 Treehouse back in February. My thoughts:

“2012 Cirq Treehouse Pinot Noir was my first taste of this project. Initially quite big, it does settle down with time in the glass and delivers lots of red and black strawberry fruit and some sweeter pomegranate at the back. Both Paul and I pick up a definite creaminess and crème fraiche, for me, element as it gains air, something we both liked, I think. This was enjoyable too.”

Sante,

Mike

Offer open. $125. Magnums for the first time. And a pricey late harvest Chardonnay.

I put 1 of each of the 750 ML PN in my cart but couldn’t get up the strength to open the wallet for the Credit Card

Weird didn’t get the email yet even though I got the allocation email. Nowhere to order on site.