TN: 2004 Neal Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley)

2004 Neal Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (3/1/2017)
Delicious mature Cab and an amazing QPR wine. Inky dark color. On the nose black cherry, earth, graphite and earth. On the palate dark fruits, eucalyptus, spice, chocolate, graphite, iron and licorice. Still some tannin in the long finish. Drink now or within 5 years. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I drank through a case of these and really enjoyed them. Great to hear they are still drinking strong.

[quote=“Sherri S h a p i r o”]I drank through a case of these and really enjoyed them. Great to hear they are still drinking strong.[/quoteI

I have two more from my case. I have had the '02, '04 nd '05. I think the '04 is a clear favorite.

They have a nice deal on the 2013 Neal Cabernet, buy 12 or more @ $47 per bottle.

Surprised how this wine is mostly ignored on this board.

Solid producer, in my experience they age very well.The 01&2s are drinking very well.

Agreed. Mark opened several 2002 cabs when we visited last year, and they were excellent.

Also, at a time when most producers are getting ready to release their 2015 cabs, Neal is just releasing their 2013s.
They tend to wait until they think the wines are ready to drink.

I haven’t “visited” with this winery’s wines in ages. Mark was very fine to visit with me ages back on my first real wine visit to California. Thanks for the note–and the reminder!

Mike