Scherrer in Charlotte

Got a note from Judi that Fred is visiting Charlotte, NC next week. Expecting a decent turnout after the nice writeup in WS last month.

For any Berserkers in the area, here’s his itinerary (we’re already signed up for the wine dinner).

February 28th - 6:00PM- Wine dinner at Essex Bar & Bistro
March 1st - 6:00PM- Paired Bites - open tasting at The Dunhill
March 2nd – 6:00 pm Arthur’s Wine Shop at South Park Mall

Thanks for the heads up Roger. Bummed I’m out of town next weekend for a conference otherwise I’d definitely check this out.

Might try and swing by the Dunhill

Mike, Fred is here Tuesday thru Thursday, so if you’re only out of town on the weekend this may work for you.

Roger,

Thanks for coming to the dinner last night at Essex. They knocked it out of the park, I thought.

I’m sort of regretting sending them all my remaining 2013 Rose of Syrah, though. I wish more people could see how certain styles can age very gracefully and take on a little ‘wisdom.’ I guess the Essex will carry that torch in Charlotte for a while.

F

Fred, agreed, the food was excellent, great group of people and of course everything you poured was top notch. That '13 Rose was a really nice surprise, seems to have put on a little weight yet still fresh and crisp. Being the syrah lover I am, I thought the Sasha stole the show. (BTW, that epiphany syrah I mentioned last night was your '06 Timbervine not the Sasha, appears you didn’t even make an '06 Sasha).

Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in NC!