TN: 2014 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Chenevottes

• 2014 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Chenevottes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (2/21/2017)
    Pure crystalline energy here! Pale yellow, green tinge color…reduction, lime blossom, chalk dust, lemon/lime, green apple nose. Precise and penetrating citrus acidity power washes the underripe(good tart) pitted orchard and citrus fruits…with that KILLER chalky limestone mineral salinity, smokey exotic match strike reduction(nuanced, not overpowering), pretty white flower blossom florals…finishing with an explosion of spicy acidity, and coating of oak creme and rainwater through smoke finesse! 2014 is the new 2010 for PYCM! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

sounds delish man. i’ve only had the ‘lower’ bottles…and they are fantastic.

Yes, couldn’t agree more… 2014 rocks at PYCM!!

Great note! The 2014s I’ve had so far were great too, even the “lower” bottles, St. Aubin “En Remilly” showed laser focused zesty lime and chalky finish. I see more bottles behind champagne.gif enjoy!

Glad to hear these are already drinking so well! What do you think the aging potential/curve will be on these? Definitely wasn’t planning on opening any of my 2014s yet but maybe you’ll change my mind.

Given the lack of observed pre-mox, and the wonderful development these wines undergo, it seems universally wise to wait at least a 5-7 years from vintage.

Although if the 2011 Vide Bourses I had last month is any indication, mid term drinking can be stunning. That bottle gave no indication it would ever be better. Sadly PY doesn’t get those grapes anymore.

I’v been loving his St. Aubin Les Pucelles; extra special this year imho–and yes I too tend to wait on the Chenevottes, but thanks, Buzz, for the preview!