TN: 2013 Random Wine Company Cabernet Franc (USA, Oregon, Columbia Valley)

• 2013 Random Wine Company Cabernet Franc - USA, Oregon, Columbia Valley (2/20/2017)
    Medium ruby with a spicy raspberry nose. Lightly dry with medium fruit and body showing a lot of restraint though not austere, old world in the Loire look-a-like category which means this is some good stuff that will hold it’s own with some of the best Chinon and Bourgiel. Great balance with the acid and tannins bracketing the fruit. Glad to have purchased another six pack this Berserker Day. Definitely a good food wine. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Glad to see Beau getting some love on the board. He’s a good dude and makes good wines for sure.

Thank you for the kind note! I was really fortunate to get beautiful fruit from Rattlesnake Road Vyd in 2013, not a whole lot to do except step aside and let nature do her thing. Ron, thank you for the kind words, hope to drink some wine with you soon!

Had this with steaks a few weeks ago. Very impressive Beau! I’ve never had a Cab Franc from that area that tasted so much like Chinon. Well done!

Thanks John! I’m really humbled by the comparison! The vineyard is something special, and I think that as it ages, the wines have the potential to become even more representative of the unique site. [cheers.gif]

+1 on this

I am looking forward to receiving and trying this. Sounds even better than expected.

You have to respect anyone who has put out a Cab Franc and a Petit Verdot

Your six pack is shipping out next week Art, cheers!