TN: 2015 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly

• 2015 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Côte de Brouilly (2/17/2017)
    Had this a few weeks ago in which that bottle had been open for 5 days, and was still full of life. This bottle was Decanted 2 hrs. As expected, this is pretty damn serious juice, full of muscle and iron on top of dark cherrry fruit. But still maintains its Beaujolais roots with a juicy quality that is fresh and cleansing. With additional time in the glass, the wine firms up, but still stays on point. Should age really well. Also, this was served in the Riedel Pinot Extreme which I really have digged in enjoying < 5 year old pinot/gamay/ Nebbiolo. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Love this producer.

What I’m not sure of is how they age, and if it’s worth aging them. They are so tasty in their youth. Anyone have experience with Thivin? I still have some 9s and 10s left.

Prolly my favorite Beajolais producer and one of my annual QPRs. A ridiculously consistent producer. I like these wines both young and with some years. The 2015 is excellent. Classicists likely prefer the 2014 more, but damn is the 2015 sexy. Chris, the 2009 is more similar to 2015, pop one this weekend to check in. I’m sitting longer on my 2010s.

I haven’t had the 2015, but the 2014 was great. Drank through a bunch of it way too fast.

I have been drinking this wine for well over 20 years and it is always excellent. It ages superbly if you can defer gratification. Myself, I’ve only been able to do this if I buy several cases of a vintage.

Without a doubt my favorite Bojo producer year in and year out, and a bargain to boot. Last week had the '09 of this wine and it was a revelation. Love them!

Just had the '15 Thivin Cuvée Zaccharie this afternoon and it’s incredibly good.

Just picked up a bottle of the Cuvee Zacch yesterday. Vincent–would you drink it now, or wait a while?

I thought it was something to hold a few years. Not that you have to it I think that’s more the point of this one. Enjoy!

I bought a case of the '05 and saved some for just this reason. Two bottles opened during the last three months have been excellent - better the second day than the first. '05 was a structured, well-fruited year; would '09, 10, or '15 develop for as long? Who knows? OTOH, I’ve read a report from a decent authority about Thivin wines outshining very good PN Burgundy after longer periods.

I feel good cru Beaujolais is often underestimated both as to general quality and potential for development. One thing is that these wines often can go through a very ugly transitional period on their way to a surprisingly elegant mature adulthood.

Gerald Asher considered the former proprietor (aunt or great aunt of actual ones now) to be his honorary godmother and sent me there to visit in 1977. She regaled us with stories having received Colette etc…The wines were delicious and a bargain then and now.

Great producer!

I have a few on order too. Thanks!

I was in the Twin Cities yesterday and saw that Surdyk’s in Minneapolis has this in their Spring sale for $19.99, I thought that was a pretty good price. I picked up a few bottles.