La Paulee 2017

The greatest event of the year is a few weeks away!
Who’s going? What will you open?

My wife and I will be at the verticals. Just one activity this year…and a couple of small dinners with some good friends. We’ve seriously toned down from previous years. It’s a great event and well organized.

RT

Just the Grand Tasting for me.

Me too. Taking my wife to a play (suggested by Randy) in NY the night before.

Same here. Have dinners with family Fri & Sat night.

I will be at verticals only because I am not big time enough for the grand tasting…

[scratch.gif] The verticals is more expensive than the grand tasting.

Ah, yes! I meant to write the gala dinner. [cheers.gif]

Verticals. I have no interest in the 2014s so passing on the grand tasting.

[scratch.gif] [scratch.gif]

Does this event alternate between SF & NY each year?

Yup!

I’ll be there for the Grand Tasting and Vertical. Would be fun to meet!

I’m going to the grand tasting and the gala dinner. First time for me so I’m excited! Really looking forward to chatting with the vignerons and meeting other Burgheads.

What is the question?

Same…
oh, that’s right, we are sitting together at dinner!

Based on what I have tasted so far (including visiting Burgundy last summer) 2014 is a fabulous vintage for whites and at least a very good one for reds with a beautiful acidity that makes the wines quite elegant. And the prices are better tha for 2015s. Why so dismissive?

Howard, it’s not the wines. It’s me. At my age, I do not want to buy any young vintages so I have no interest in trying 2014 reds and I don’t need the temptation that the grand tasting would bring. My will power is pretty crappy to start. I might bite at a couple whites but no need to do the grand tasting for the few I will want to buy.

I’m in for the verticals and the grand tasting. Hope to connect with a few of you guys and gals at these events!

I’ve never been. How does the Verticals Tasting work? There are over 30 wineries with 3 wines each. Do you typically get to try them all? Do some wineries run out of wine? Is it so crowded that it is hard to move around or to get to the most popular tables?