TN: 2007 Levet Chavaroche

Decanted for two hours and then slow-oxed for an hour or so. Man, I love Levet’s wines. So french, so meaty, so wild. This is no Guigal La La, and it’s a much better wine for it. No fruit lathered in 100% new oak and modern polish. Essentially a wine saying like me/drink me as I am or you can go f#%k yourself. Game meat, olive brine, earth, soy, and iron with a gravelly, mineral finish. Loved this wine. 95pts.

So you put back into the bottle after two hours in the decanter?

I did. I would much rather pour from the bottle than a decanter so I try to always pour the wine back into the bottle.

Thanks for the note Jared. I haven’t tried the 2007 in 5 years…sounds like it might be time to try another. Levet’s wines are a favorite of mine - 2nd largest producer by volume in my cellar! I feel like it’s one of those wines that has just as much a place popping on a lazy weeknight, or during a fancy wine dinner.

Good to hear they’re coming around. They can be beasts

I enjoyed this quite a bit, thanks for sharing it, Not sure if its the standard bearer for Cote Rotie - but it was sure as hell French to its bone marrow. Will definitely be interested in getting some 15’s when they are released.