What about Peter Michael...Continuum...Quivet

When I get notification of a new offer I come here to hear the locker room/water fountain/naked sauna talk about what is being offered and how it compares in quality and price to what has come before. But recently there are several offers that I don’t see any posts about. What’s up with you people? I’m counting on you!!! [snort.gif]

Posted today about Quivet and all I got were crickets too. Go figure.

Two out of three for me.

Love Peter Michael and Quivet!

As long as they don’t garner a 100 point score you can get Peter Michael for less than release price. The 2010 Les Pavots sells for 100.00 + the vig on winebid. And a quick search found the 12’ 13’ for less than 180.00 + tax and shipping.

God help you if you’re counting on this board to be the nude sauna where you seek advice to make intelligent decisions. But since you asked, and this being the internet, I’m uniquely qualified to answer your query with authority.

Peter Michael - Price is the samish. Quality is the samish. Expect this from a knight of the Realm.

Continuum - Price is the samish. Quality is Samish. Tim is a good dude but if you want some great Mondavi why don’t you buy pre 97 Mondavi Reserve?

Quivet - price is samish. Quality is samish. Love what Mike Smith does with wine but I prefer his cabs to his Syrahs or pinots. No knock against his talents, just a personal preference.

Hope that got you lathered up to spend your money.

I used to be on PM’s list, but after inferior service and constant price hikes…even for off vintages…I passed and was dropped. No regrets.

We’re fans of Continuum.
In fact we drank 09 last night.

no PM pinot this vintage.

I like continuum but stopped buying because in a sea of 150’s cabs I couldnt come up with something unique enough to keep them.

Bought my Quivet syrah and sauv blanc within an hour of the offer going live.
I’m a fan of all of Mike’s wines!!!

Me too. I never had service issues, my experiences were all positive. I just couldn’t stomach the price hikes. When Continuum came out, for whatever reason, I wanted to hate it but I couldn’t. I think it is pretty good stuff. I just don’t have much use for another expensive Cali Cab.

JD

I think that’s where I am now. There are too many in the 175-200 range for me to buy, but none shine above the rest.

Love the PM whites.
Bought all no red.