TN: 2005 Dehlinger Cabernet Sauvignon

Thought I would check in on this on a cold snowy evening. Lovely nose of dark fruit, camphor, leather and peppery spice. Beautiful restrained dark fruit, leather and vibrant acidity on the palate. Tannins still present and youthful, could probably have benefited from a decant, but not getting in the way of enjoying this beautiful wine. Still has a long life ahead of it.

I killed my '05’s by last year, unfortunately. Long life, indeed, and in a PERFECT place right now, for my preferences. The Clarets are barely holding on from similar vintages - better to go '09 and younger on those, but similar fruit.

We are on an absolute roll of great tasting notes.

I gotta quit with the laziness.

I don’t know what these might taste like old, but it’s one of those wines that seems to be great at any age.

An '02 I had over the holidays was nice, but a little past prime for my palate. Fun to drink, though. :slight_smile:

The 2008 Claret is spicy and singing~from multiple bottles.

As is the '09

Thanks for the note. Still sitting on 1 bottle. It has been years since I’ve tried it.

Jason

They are very good at any age, but definitely better at age 20 than age 10.

I’ve got a single of 2004 Dehlinger Syrah Goldridge and 2006 Dehlinger Claret. If either strikes your fancy, I’ll bring it to our next group dinner.

Anyone still sitting on any '05 Claret? Curious if there are any notes from that?

Ugh, got me all wishing for more Dehlinger Claret now!!!

Nevin and I had a 2001 Reserve Cab three weeks ago:, classic Sonoma Cab, plenty of fruit, cassis, with earth, cedar and touch of herbs.
We raved and lamented it was my last bottle. Sonoma can definitely rock your Cab foundations.

had a 99 cab not long ago - in a lovely place

Tbone got me hooked on Dehlinger, love their Cabs and Pinots especially with age.