2009 Boillot Puligny- Montrachet Clos de la Mouchere

I could pick nits with the acidity here but this is perfection in many ways.
Just gorgeous fruit with lots of complexity and a very long finish. Lemon custard flavors. Stunning!
Now words for the future of this wine. I have no idea. Right now it is quite good.

Clos de la Mouchere always a winner. Have a few bottles of 2008 and 2002. I opened a 2008 maybe a year back, didn’t really show much. . . hoping that my next experience will be different.

compared to other Moucheres, this one has disappointed me. Weak mid-palate. Will try again. Glad you liked yours.

The '09 Mouchere has had some excessive sulfur issues but glad to hear it’s coming around. Always one of my favorite 1er crus.

you introduced me to it, damn you!

A great wine in most vintages but I had 2-3 bad bottles in the 2009 vintage.

bad how?

The rest of my bottle tonight was REALLY good. I stick by my note above. This is a very good wine. Not saying it can’t premox. Boillot has a problem there.

Promox (verb) as in: to prematurely oxidize.

Language evolution!

Sounds great, Don!
I like this one a good bit too

FWIW I pulled 2010 from my cellar for dinner in Melbourne a few nights ago and it was truly superb
MT

Alan:

Down the sink bad.

Had 6 bottles total-the rest good not v. good,great,ect.

The 08’s were great,07’s v. good,10’s and 13’s were v. good to great,and the 14 was reduced(was v.good

the next day).

Per Don’s note I decided to try one of the 09 Boillot Mouchere. Bright golden color looking like a much younger wine; much less sulfur on the nose than previous bottles I have tried; lemon custard as Don noted on the palate with great length; acidity seems adequate (as Dick Krueger would say). All in all, another fine bottle of this wine. Glad I have more and some mags as well.

went well with Alfredo sauce?

Alan - you have the Alfredo sauce. You should try it and see…

I popped one of these yesterday, in part inspired by this thread. This bottle at least seemed very unready: sulfer was very prominent, more in the drinking than on the palate, and the wine just seemed closed down. I did give it a quickish decant–1/2 hour–and that did not help. Maybe it needed more? In the finish, good material was detectable, as Meadows likes to say. Next day, in the half remaining glass, it showed still more prominent. I guess the good news is: no threat of premox in sight. I’ll definitely be holding the rest of mine for a while.

Tonight form 375 ml - golden color a little darker than the last 750ml I opened. Little or no sulfur on this bottle with full flavors of toast and nuts and honey. Great depth of flavor and balance with its Grand Cru level power. The best I’ve had from this vintage and this 375 was at the beginning of its maturity.