TN: 2011 Arcadian - Chardonnay "Clos Pepe Vnyd" (USA, CA, Central Coast, Sta Rita Hills)

2011 Arcadian Chardonnay Clos Pepe Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (1/8/2017)
– opened 30 min before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over approx. one hour –

NOSE: very rich, buttery Nose; aromas of overripe pineapple, mango, and papaya.

BODY: medium-full bodied.

TASTE: medium-light oak; very rich; tropical; medium+ to high acidity; 13.9% alc. well-hidden; good mid-term ager.

Had this wine and thought it was fantastic. Perhaps I’m more suited to a richer style of wine because I thought this wine was quite balanced and would not use “very rich” or “overripe” in my tasting notes for it. Of course, it’s all relative.

The 2010 is really freaking good. It’s less tropical than the 2011 is but is very well structured

Joe does a great job with our fruit. [cheers.gif]

Brian,

Quick question - if and when you review wines from Napa or Sonoma, do you say ‘North Coast’ before the specific AVA? Just curious . . .

Cheers.

It auto fills from cellartracker like that when you export a note. If you have a complaint you should bring it up with them.

Not a ‘complaint’, Charlie - just curiosity. Do you know if it auto-fills North Coast with Sonoma or Napa? Just don’t use it as often as so many others on this board do.

Cheers.

No.

I wonder why the distinction? Again, not a ‘complaint’ but it doesn’t make sense.

Eric Levine, care to pipe in? :slight_smile:

Cheers!

It’d be a good thread to start separately

2011 Arcadian Chardonnay Clos Pepe Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (1/8/2017)
– opened 30 min before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over approx. one hour –

NOSE: very rich, buttery Nose; aromas of overripe pineapple, mango, and papaya.

BODY: medium-full bodied.

TASTE: medium-light oak; very rich; tropical; medium+ to high acidity; 13.9% alc. well-hidden; good mid-term ager.

Did you like it? Just giving you a hard time as I know you are not fan of the points. Are you guys coming back over the Holidays?

Done:

Larry,

My answer is “No,” for the reason Charlie gave: it’s auto-populated from CT.

\

John,

I did like it, but not as much as most of the Sleepy Hollow bottlings. Unfortunately, this is not a MN XMas year for us, but next year should be. [cheers.gif]