Ceritas Offer

Anyone buying? The Chards are definitely in my top 3 from CA. I’m in for a 3-pack of both the Trout Gulch and Peter Martin Ray.

I’m in for a three pack of PMR. Undecided on the Trout Gulch. I bought TG last year but haven’t popped one open to see if I like it. I’ll crack one open tonight to see.

Ceritas has been my #1 CA chardonnay for the last two years. I especially like their Porter Bass vineyard.

Likely buying a few but prices are slowly creeping out of my comfort zone…

In for a couple 3-packs of pinot, and one of each chard.

I’ve been loving the Chardonnays and the Pinots. A recent '97 PB Chard was spectacular at a blind tasting. I’m skipping this release until I drink down some of my many stock bottles.

Cheers,
Warren

'97 PB Chard?

I can’t argue with that. When CA Chard starts reaching price levels of GC Chablis, my comfort level becomes impacted as well.

Have never purchased. What are current prices?

Cheers!

That is what I bought as well.

Larry, the chards were $55 (Trout Gulch) and $59 (Peter Martin Ray).

Took 6 PMR.

Russ
I meant '07.
Cheers
Warren
IMG_0106.JPG

Ahhh…that makes more sense. Kudos to you for having the patience to let these age that long. I tend to open mine around 5 years from vintage. I have 1 bottle of the '10 Heintz left that is the closest CA chard I have had to a Chablis.

I have not had a poxed Ceritas, but oh boy I have poured some Chablis down the drain.

grabbed a three pack of PMR.

Same for me. Love these chards.

Buying 1 pack of all three wines. The chards are legit

Bought a 3-pack of the PMR, probably gonna regret not buying more.

Loved the 07’ and two left in my stash.

• 2007 Ceritas Chardonnay Porter-Bass Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (4/5/2014)
    Light gold. Sweet subtle nose. Lemon/citrus, saline, ocean spray, chablis, integrated, no oak evident, balanced, slight acid bite. This is just lovely and went so well with seafood. It has years left in it. No hurry to drink what you have, but certainly ready for consumption. Mine have perfect provenance and would say easily lasting to 2019, not necessarily improving materially though. What an incredible effort from John and Phoebe and her parents vineyard. (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

What are folks buying with this latest release? As the wines start pushing towards $70, including shipping, I’m finally starting to question if this money is better spent on Chablis or Champagne. I’ll remain a buyer for now but will be cutting back. Only doing a 3-pack of the Heintz this go round.

In for 3 Heintz Chard and 3 Porter Bass Pinot. $70 landed is on the higher end for my Cali Chard/Pinot purchases, but John and Phoebe are making some of favorite domestic wines. So for now, still buying a bit each release.