The Wand????

This sounds familiar but my search didn’t find prior discussion. What do we know about this thing?

Interesting - it implies it’ll stop hangovers.

There are a million doctor Berzerkers but I’m gonna say that sulfites in wine are basically not the reason we get hangovers. Excess trips to the toilet, exothermic reaction of alcohol processing makes us hot, and esters/tannins lead to headaches/poor sleep/dehydration.

This stick ain’t gonna do it, unless you have a severe sensitivity to sulfites I guess.

They cost about $3 for a single use wand, which is only for use in one 6oz glass of wine.

Hangovers are mostly caused by the 3rd form alcohol takes once we filter it… essentially poison…

And this makes the wine taste awful, to me, completely undrinkable… and I have been asked, and did so, to try this at least 5 times.

How disappointing. I thought this thread was about a sex toy… :astonished: :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Suckers are born every minute

I actually think it sounds pretty interesting. According to the info, it removes both sulfites and histamines - and I would say that the latter are what causes most headaches in folks that experience them fairly quickly with wine.

Blake, I’m curious - did it actually change the flavor of the wine by ‘adding’ something to it in that wand? If so, how did it change the taste?

The concept of a ‘nano-filter’ removing stuff from wine is certainly not new at all - how do you think all of those wineries remove excess VA from picking too ripe anyways?!?!

Cheers!

Swirl and soak at least 3 minutes, The Wand™ will work it’s magic

Does anyone know when not to use a f***ing apostrophe anymore?

Larry, it really changed the wine. I’ve blinded some people and civilians and they always prefer the unadultered. It hanged the wine in a way that is hard to describe… and that’s not something I say often. Best way to explain is that it replaces the midpalate with a candied chemical flavor that is somewhat reminiscent of burnt charcoal, paper mill and and pvc pipe smoke… it’s subtle, however, but clashes in a very unwholesome way that makes it completely impossible to finish half a glass

I have tried it more on very boutique-y Bordeaux, Napa, southern Rhones and Tuscan blends. Maybe with more manipulated bottles (probably it’s target market) that are lesser quality the flavor is more easily hidden. I actually wanted this to succeed… unfortunately it didn’t.

Thanks for the reply. Does the material in the wand itself smell? If you put it into water, would it leave a smell or taste do you think?

Cheers

My thoughts are it would have a definite smell, similar to the off notes I mentioned with a skittles component… but I haven’t used it to filter water yet :wink:

Maybe Flint could use some.