Need a wine from 1967

Looking for wine from the 1967 vintage to celebrate my parent’s 50th anniversary. Where and for what should I be looking? TIA.

Yquem is the best . Another Sauternes if you cannot find a pristine bottle ( de Fargues … )

I got a 1967 Fonseca Guimaraens Vintage Port I can gladly recommend. Send me an PM if interested.

Had a 67 Talbot a few years ago that still was in play.

Benchmark has several Barolo from that vintage - many below $100 - there’s a Sauterne or two as well.

Taylor Fladgate has a very old Port release from 1967. The '67 is actually the current release. Got one for my birthday (I am a '67er).

Outstanding year for Barolo and Barbaresco, and they are drinking really well right now.

+1 The good ones are not cheap, but I have had great wines from Cappellano, both Mascarellos, G. Conterno, and of course Giacosa. The Produttori del Barbaresco wines are generally the best value.

+1 on Yquem.Hard to beat.Maybe some of Ken’s Italians,if they were stored well.Only good Bordeaux I’ve had was Latour.

If they like Bordeaux the 1967 Montrose and the 1967 Haut Brion are still drinking well. Bertani or Masi Amarone are also stellar if they are into that type of thing.

Taylor Fladgate has a very old Port release from 1967. The '67 is actually the current release. Got one for my birthday (I am a '67er).

This. It was only just released and a superb example of wood aged Port. I’m betting your parents would love it. Taylor Fladgate is trying to do this annually for 50 year anniversaries. Many of the wines are originally from Wiese & Krohn who Taylors bought out a few years ago.

Sure Sauternes is a hot tip … and also Barolo …

However: there are some good Bordeaux, e.g. Latour is fine … and some from right bank …
AND Chateauneuf-du-Pape and Hermitage can be excellent if in good condition …

Burgundy is very mixed - but there are also pleasant surprises …

Deleted.

A bottle of 1967 Beychevelle I had 2 years ago was drinking very well. Looks like the cellartracker bites are fairly universal in praise.

Have recently enjoyed well stored bottles of 67 Prunotto Barbaresco Riserva, Cordero di Montezemolo Monfalletto, and Franco Fiorino Barolo. Agree with Daniel that the vintage is drinking particularly well, and while Ken’s list of “fancy” producers are all well deserving of their reputations I’m happy to report that these bottles each brought a smile to my face at a fraction of the price.

Just had the 67 Prunotto Barolo Riserva, which at less than $50 was a great wine. If you can find 67 Gaja Barbaresco - just the normale, I can usually find this with some work, for around $200, its outstanding, and incredibly consistent. Agreed regarding Produttori - 67 was the first year of their single vineyard Riservas. I’ve found some bottle variation, but good bottles are very good.

I enjoyed a Calon Segur late last year that was fantastic!

Thanks everyone - lots of good suggestions here. Will update the group once I have settled on a direction.

The 67 Gaja Barbaresco is so great! I also have had multiple 67 l’Evangile and these are great bottles of wine. I have read that other '67s were good in Barolo and Pomerol.

Had a 1967 Cogno-Marcarini Brunate last night that was lovely. WOTN for me.