TN: 2015 Bedrock Wine Co. Heritage Wine Compagni Portis

2015 Bedrock Wine Co. Heritage Wine Compagni Portis - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (1/25/2017)
This is an interesting white blend from Bedrock. Lots of really nice floral notes on the nose, guessing mainly from the gewurtz. Picking up a decent amount of floral on the tongue as well. There’s a good bit of honeysuckle, ripe pear, tangelo, very light lemon/lime, nice acidity and a tongue coating finish. Really liking this a lot! (88 pts.)

Awesome note Roger, thanks for posting!

CP is one of my favorite domestic whites (from both Bedrock and Carlisle). Not sure if you’ve had one with some age on it (4 to 5 years), but they’re awesome.

Just hard to keep your hands off of them for that long

Rich, I have one more, will have to stash it in the back of the cellar for a few years and see. Tx for the info.

We opened the '15 a few nights ago. Maybe the best Bedrock CP yet, but you never know that might have just been my mood, or the food. It’s a really good wine though.

IMO while these won’t fall apart over a few years, there no reason to wait on them either. Morgan used to release these in the spring following the vintage, but decided to hold them back until winter. The extra bottle conditioning puts them in a very good place on release.