Alban's 2017 Winter Release

I did a quick search and didn’t find a post on this, which didn’t surprise me since it’s tough to be a “hot” winery when you’ve been around a couple of decades.

I know they are not everybody’s style and the price point has climbed. The offer:

2012 Seymour’s $160
2012 Lorraine $160
2013 Grenache $115
2015 Estate Viognier $48

Also doing a mag of Lorraine for $335.

I will say the bottle shape makes storing a modicum more difficult. But I just had the '02 Lorraine, '05 Forsythe and '06 Grenache on my birthday weekend in Paso/Lompoc/Edna… and they all had many years of life ahead. Huge aromatics and balanced. They are great wines to share (since drinking a bottle alone would be fairly intoxicating)

Ouch! Tough pricing, especially when Reva is so good, and under the magic $100 mark.

I somehow got dropped from their list somewhere along the way. Probably for the best, although I like their wines.

Isn’t shipping like an additional $15 a bottle? I was on the list a long time ago and love the wines, but eventually dropped off, in part, due to the ridiculous shipping charges.

when did the email go out i order in the summer but have not seen anything about this release yet

So they have two releases a year? I’m assuming that the other release has Reva, perhaps Patrina, and their Roussanne? Correct or not?

What was the price of Lorraine and the Grenache last time? That Grenache is now one of the most expensive out there domestically - probably second to Sine Qua Non . . .

And BC, I guess I missed you this time :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

I’ve been offered and purchased Reva, but did not get this release.

I didn’t get an email, but a letter instructing to order online (or fax)

I’m in CA so shipping is $17 for 2, $2/bottle. So $25 for a six pack. Mag is $22. That’s the rate for the western 6 states, double or more elsewhere, which can be quite prohibitive (heavy bottles? GSO?)

Reva was $98
Pandora was $145

They have two releases a year, and Larry got it right (No Los Olivos this time, I made a right on the 101 instead of a left and visited Brewer Clifton, Arcadian and Stolpman)

Well we like that B Little

No letter or email for me yet, but I was offered Lorraine, Lorraine mag, Grenache, and Viognier. No Seymour’s . . . :frowning:

Wow - didn’t expect such strong pricing.

BC - I like these wines also and have had some older Revas that really make me want to pull the trigger but the pricing is definitely getting up there especially given all of the other offers currently out there.

2010 Lorraine and Seymours were released at $145. 2005 Lorraine was one of the very best wines I tasted last year.

Really like their wines, but the pricing is getting to SQN levels. So for the same price I’d pick SQN(if I had to choose).

I gave up with them when they flunked customer service 101. The '05 Reva I got before they kicked me off the list for not ordering something I was never offered is outstanding.

FYI: I was able to see the order page by following the 2016 email’s link, but without an access code I was unable to order.

After I inquired, Glenn from Alban emailed me this:
Hello Eric,
The allocations are still being finalized and you will receive a PIN within the next couple weeks if any of the wines are still available. Rest assured you will receive the summer offer around mid-year.

Thanks for your patience,

Glenn

So we’ll see what happens

I had the “flash” PIN a year or two ago. You’ll get an email with the number, but by the time you look at the offer and contemplate the cost, the wines are gone. So if you get an email and want to buy, jump on it right away.

Not sure if quantities are finalized, but I initially had been allocated 6 Grenache, but as of today the Grenache shows sold out. Interesting.

I linked using an old email like you did and I see 6 Lorraine’s, 1 Lorraine mag, 0 Grenache and 9 Viognier.

1 Like

I just got the “no wine for you” email.