Berserkerday in Cellartracker

It has been suggested before but not consistently implemented. How about if we all agree to list Berserkerday as the “store” for all Berserkerday purchases when entered into Cellartracker? Why? Just another geeky wine thing to do. Free advertising for Todd? Allows us to determine how many people use Mywines or some other system instead of CT?

Or put that or “Wine Berserkers” in the purchase note, which is also searchable. Then your store purchase information isn’t disturbed.

(Another approach is to do a search for all purchases on 1/27 - I’ll bet a decent percentage are berserker day)

Tried this out, admittedly these may not all be BD purchases, but pretty good tally for January 27th

2016 11.9%
Bottles purchased (24,180) / Remaining (17,489)
2015 13.8%
Bottles purchased (27,850) / Remaining (19,966)
2014 10.6%
Bottles purchased (21,532) / Remaining (13,941)
2013 14.7%
Bottles purchased (29,778) / Remaining (17,375)

2012 11.1%
Bottles purchased (22,521) / Remaining (11,614)

2011 7.8%
Bottles purchased (15,721) / Remaining (7,453)

I wonder how the 27th compares to the 26th or 28th, purchase-wise?

For all of my BD purchases this year, I will show the store as “BerserkerDay VIII,” consistent with how I’ve identified past years.

I always put BerserkerDay as my place of purchase for wines purchased on said day…but never thought of putting the number. Wonder why it doesn’t show up? Would be great to see these all unified in Cellar Tracker, to know the number of bottles purchased (for those who marked it as such, anyway)

I know I am very particular about which date I input into CT, so some of my BD purchases are actually the 28th as some of the offers are extended beyond the 27th…

Been doing this for years. But I am the definition of OCD, just ask my wife.

Okay - so I ran the figures for the week before and the week after (+/- 7 days), with the idea being that helps eliminate day-of-week bias. Figures are above, with the delta shown in parentheses (BD vs. the other date’s figures - so a + means more logged in CT on BD). Overall there seem to be more positive than negative BDs, but given some decided drops in purchases relative to the week before or after, I suspect the data alone just don’t show us much.

Not a bad idea. I usually put winery as the store, and Berserkerday in the Note, but that cannot be tracked. I might go this route.

It can be tracked by searching for a purchase note.

Since virtually all Berserkerday purchases are direct from winery, putting in BerserkerDay should be enough to tell you it is direct.

Will continue to go this route. I put Berserker Day followed by the year in the note.

Can you elaborate on what the percentages relate to?

I think that’s the percentage from each year of all bottles bought on Jan. 27.

From reading this, I already see 3 variants, do we want to try and refine it? I’ve seen:

BerserkerDay VIII
BerserkerDay
Berserker Day

Does it matter?

I personally don’t see the usefulness of adding the number - that should be obvious from the year/date of purchase (regardless of whether someone records it as the 27th, 28th, or wait to log the wine when it arrives later in the Spring).

This is how I have been entering BD purchases as well.

I do this too, but put Berserker Day 2016, including the year.

Adding the number makes it easier to run a CT search listing all of my purchases from a particular BD. Also using Roman numerals is like narration in a British accent, it adds gravitas to the event, as NFL marketing geniuses realized when numbering Super Bowls. It reflects how the event is described here and simplifies the process of going back to the forum to review information in an offer. Finally, it is how I’ve always done it and the very thought of an inconsistency triggers OCD induced anxiety, and having purchased over 100 bottles from at least 18 different producers on BerserkerDay VII alone, I’m not going to edit the purchase information on all of those entries. :wink: