Retailer Recommendation: Vinopolis in Portland, OR

Hey all:

What experience in dealing with this wine shop? What about futures orders? Any info appreciated!

One of the good ones. You may have to follow up on futures but I’ve done more than double digit transactions without an issue.

All good. They don’t seem to promote futures that are more than a few weeks out, best I can tell.

I’ve been waiting a few months on some 2015 Germans. That said, nothing but good experiences with these guys.

awesome place.

Nothing but positive experiences

Dan, the owner, is a good guy and his operation is reliable. It’s a long time brick & mortar shop with a sizeable inventory. Dan used to post here on the BB sporadically.

RT

This was my “go to” wine store when my wife and I have a condo in downtown Portland. Did lots of transactions, including futures, with them. Still visit their shop when I am in the downtown area.

Long-time customer. Great selection. Great prices. Great service.

Thanks everyone. I have some German futures with them and was very pleased that they had such a great variety, but they were due in November and the dates keep shifting. I know that futures are hard to pin down but I’ve gotten mixed messages. Maybe they just have a problem with their importer. I would not be surprised. Importers are known for canceling orders on popular wines, like when they become the Spectator Wine of the Year. I don’t, however, think that the 2015 Germans are worth speculating on, however high the quality. I will wait more patiently! Thanks again…

Great shop.

Vinopolis takes a lot of my money :astonished: So much that my mobile keyboard just automatically filled in their name for this post. Suzanne will take care of you, they have been great even on (local) bad bottle returns. So far half of my 2015 German futures have come in. I have ZERO concerns for the rest, in fact I have some very nice bottles in that shipment :slight_smile:

Donhoff futures shifted a lot. Finally Arrived in mid/late December

Good experience last year.

I’ve made repeated purchases with them and I’m more than happy.

Yeah, there are some '15 Germans I ordered for my workplace with ETA (at the time) in November that haven’t arrived yet. Supposedly we’ll see them in February. It’s likely that kind of issue rather than a Vinopolis issue. I’ve always had good experiences with them. It’s really one of the great wine stores. I love going there in person when I’m in the area and seeing all of those great wines in one place.

Very good store though like others I’m still waiting on some 2015 German futures from last summer which were originally promised for November.

Many orders, flawless fulfillment and customer service.

Highly recommended!

Cheers,

Hal

Another thumbs up here. I really like the eclectic selection. Nice shop in person too, it’s not just an online presence. My only quibble is their shipping rates are a good 30% more than most of my regular out of state outfits.