What Goodfellow/Matello are you drinking?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Marcus Goodfellow
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Re: What Goodfellow/Matello are you drinking?

#551 Post by Marcus Goodfellow »

MitchTallan wrote: May 26th, 2020, 5:22 pm I would post a separate note but if my experience on wine boards has taught me anything, it is to not keep heaping unbridled praise on one winemaker/winery for fear of being dismissed. This note is about the '18 WR Blanc. Forget everything I have ever said about how frigging good past vintages of this wine are, this one is the best. It is electric in it's preserved lemon dominated spicy but bright personality. Right now it may be a bit wysiwyg or the wine equivalent of "GUI", but I will still take this thrilling version in it's present format over any of its predecessors. Time, as always with all things, might change my view. But damn, try this wine and tell me I am wrong. Please. Before I beg Megan for another case.
There’s a lot of wisdom in those first sentences. I’ll remember that for my own posts.

Totally agree with you about the 2018 Field Blend. I love this wine every year but the 2018 might be the top of the heap. 2012 is up there.
Goodfellow Family Cellars
Winemaker & Owner

Marcus Goodfellow
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#552 Post by Marcus Goodfellow »

Jason R. wrote: May 26th, 2020, 12:25 pm Marcus, great history there. Can’t wait for fall release [cheers.gif] Your narration encapsulates so many reasons why I love this pursuit. Wine is an amazing craft, from soil to bottle. The artistry, the details, the traditions, the patience, the site, the people, the choices...all comes together in a singular expression that is truly alive. Thanks for sharing all that!
It’s such a complex and dense whirlwind of singularities, with some captured in bottle and some lost to the moment slipping past. In a way, it’s story telling at it’s best because winemaking is a live performance(vineyard, farmer, winemaker...gettin’ the band back together) captured in a bottle.

And one vineyard, Whistling Ridge, can be a work of a lifetime and another, Lewman, can almost feel pre-ordained, as in “we’re on a mission from God.”
Winemaker & Owner

Marcus Goodfellow
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#553 Post by Marcus Goodfellow »

Sh@n A wrote: May 26th, 2020, 12:45 pm
Marcus Goodfellow wrote: May 25th, 2020, 10:14 pm They also truly are post cards to my kids. A way for them to see that I chose an artistic/agricultural life and was pretty good at it. Given that they’ll think I am a doofus for another 20-25 years, these wines do need to age well.
Beautifully written, and a lot to unpack there! I am curious, what are you targeting for in terms of tasting profile 20-25 years out on these wines? Is it simply to make a balanced wine with structure to age, and let time take its course? Or is there particular profile you are gunning for?
Ok...

I have so many “smart” answers for this question.

But the truth is 1957 Bonnes Mares from Jadot drank in 1996.

Whether I ever come within a country mile of the wine, deep down in the back of my brain it’s the bar. That wine and Gerard Potel’s wines at Pousse d’Or in the 1990s.

Truthfully, my wines will and should be more in the key of Barthod, Chandon de Briailles, Domaine de l’Arlot, and Dujac as they age, but at 20-25 years, I dream of dry earth, old barn wood, dust, mushroom, and the woods.
Last edited by Marcus Goodfellow on May 27th, 2020, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winemaker & Owner

dsGriswold
GCC Member
GCC Member

#554 Post by dsGriswold »

Marcus, that was a damn wonderful treatise on making wine. I always wanted to ask you how do you get what you want or see in the grapes and how you draw it out. I spent a good part of my career making things out of wood, thinking I could match anyone. Sculpture and ceramics were rewarding, but making a living depends on selling your wares. I loved making and selling artistic cabinets, and have painting, sculpture and ceramics surround me, those I made, traded or purchased from other craft persons. You can be rightfully proud of your accomplishments and we can be rewarded when drinking your wines. I made just enough wine in earlier days to appreciate the challenge. I thought my PN was a bit light and thin, liking Rhone, Spanish and Italian reds at the time. I've moved back home to appreciate the local austere AFWE style. Presently drinking a '13 Franchere Havlin Syrah, yours and Todd's are not half bad either. [thankyou.gif] [cheers.gif]
DennisG

Sean_S
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#555 Post by Sean_S »

Marcus Goodfellow wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:18 pm
MitchTallan wrote: May 26th, 2020, 5:22 pm I would post a separate note but if my experience on wine boards has taught me anything, it is to not keep heaping unbridled praise on one winemaker/winery for fear of being dismissed. This note is about the '18 WR Blanc. Forget everything I have ever said about how frigging good past vintages of this wine are, this one is the best. It is electric in it's preserved lemon dominated spicy but bright personality. Right now it may be a bit wysiwyg or the wine equivalent of "GUI", but I will still take this thrilling version in it's present format over any of its predecessors. Time, as always with all things, might change my view. But damn, try this wine and tell me I am wrong. Please. Before I beg Megan for another case.
There’s a lot of wisdom in those first sentences. I’ll remember that for my own posts.

Totally agree with you about the 2018 Field Blend. I love this wine every year but the 2018 might be the top of the heap. 2012 is up there.
So I popped one and I'm torn. Its excellent but it doesn't remind of WR Blanc more of the pure Riesling (even though its ~50% riesling). More riesling but no petrol on the nose. I miss the notes of Gewurztraminer I usually get. Missing the floral nose. This may be a more serious wine but it seems less playful on first impression. Will taste and ponder for the next day or two.

BTW: Also a note on the 2015 Richards in my tasting story of 6 Chardonnays blind on National Chardonnay Day.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=170452

Sean
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY
1999 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie

2021 WOTY Candidates

Doug Uno
GCC Member
GCC Member

#556 Post by Doug Uno »

Marcus wrote,

“I bottled three vineyard designate wines from the vineyard because the quality was there...”

Can you explain the three Lewman bottlings since they are new to me?

Thanks,

Doug

Sean_S
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#557 Post by Sean_S »

Bump. Damn its been a month....

Here's a bunch of new notes from last weekend. The 17 RR is such a good wine. ESJ Bone Jolly is also just so seductive.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=171226

[*]2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Chardonnay Ribbon Ridge Cuvée - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Ribbon Ridge (6/23/2020)
The latest bottle matches what I and other here have written previously. Such an outstanding wine for so few $. Had to buy another case before it was gone.

Sean
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY

2021 WOTY Candidates

John H.

#558 Post by John H. »

2017 Willamette Valley Chardonnay. For lunch with grilled sockeye. Taking advantage of that WFH life.

I'm sorry but what the f*ck, how is it possible to make a wine this good for $20? It's almost unfair to mention the price because it could take the focus away from the fact that this is a straight-up very good wine, but I do think the value is remarkable.

I popped this last night and it was kind of reductive, with a distinct strange nutty thing going on - which wasn't entirely undesirable - but that has completely blown off and revealed an absolutely crystaline wine with a slight bit of richness and great cut. If there's new oak involved in this, I can't perceive it. Very, very clean.

I feel like my wines typically fall into either a "daily drinker" or "sitting down with my wife drinking a good bottle of wine after our daughter is asleep" bottles, but here's something that I'd be happy to have in either situation. I should probably buy a case if they're still around...
J. Hallett

Sean_S
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#559 Post by Sean_S »

John H. wrote: July 9th, 2020, 12:52 pm 2017 Willamette Valley Chardonnay. For lunch with grilled sockeye. Taking advantage of that WFH life.

I'm sorry but what the f*ck, how is it possible to make a wine this good for $20? It's almost unfair to mention the price because it could take the focus away from the fact that this is a straight-up very good wine, but I do think the value is remarkable.

I popped this last night and it was kind of reductive, with a distinct strange nutty thing going on - which wasn't entirely undesirable - but that has completely blown off and revealed an absolutely crystaline wine with a slight bit of richness and great cut. If there's new oak involved in this, I can't perceive it. Very, very clean.

I feel like my wines typically fall into either a "daily drinker" or "sitting down with my wife drinking a good bottle of wine after our daughter is asleep" bottles, but here's something that I'd be happy to have in either situation. I should probably buy a case if they're still around...
Good Note. Certainly aligns with my thoughts. I totally agree on the fact that this is serious wine at an amazing price. I think the Ribbon Ridge is even better value for the extra 2$ of tariff.
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY

2021 WOTY Candidates

Doug Uno
GCC Member
GCC Member

#560 Post by Doug Uno »

+1 on the '17 Ribbon Ridge.

Marcus Goodfellow
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#561 Post by Marcus Goodfellow »

John H. wrote: July 9th, 2020, 12:52 pm 2017 Willamette Valley Chardonnay. For lunch with grilled sockeye. Taking advantage of that WFH life.

Great to see your note John, and I am glad you enjoyed the wine!

I’m not sure that I can really make that wine for the price, but I’m not willing to make it differently than the other Chardonnays, so it just winds up being a really good deal. We are out of the 2017 WV, but have a couple of cases(literally) left of the 2017 Ribbon Ridge. That said, 2018 is an excellent vintage across the board for us as well, and the quality extends through the cuvees.

The nuttiness on opening then blowing off(especially overnight!) I feel is a regular occurrence with our Chardonnays. The 17 Whistling Ridge Chardonnay really does this as well, as does the 18 Richard’s Cuvee. A recent bottle of Richard’s was very mice at tasting, by night 2 it was showing well, but the last glass on day 3 was shockingly vibrant, very precise, clean, and fresh(more so than day 1).
Winemaker & Owner

jon leifer

#562 Post by jon leifer »

2016 Goodfellow Ribbon Ridge AVA Pinot Noir..sourced from Whistling Ridge Vyd..A winner! Initially framboise on the nose that changed to dark cherry with time, in the mouth, tart cherries with crisp, tho not bracing,acidity..A lovely wine, no rush to drink..Has plenty of room for development and improvement..Will most likely improve with aging, and provide drinking pleasure for another 5-10 yrs.
Jon

Bob Hughes
GCC Member
GCC Member

#563 Post by Bob Hughes »

Opened up a 2014 Richard's Cuvee Chardonnay today. One of those wines that I seem to like more and more each time I revisit it. If you have more than one in the cellar and you haven't tried this lately, do yourself a favor and pull the cork on one - truly in the zone right now [cheers.gif]

Doug Uno
GCC Member
GCC Member

#564 Post by Doug Uno »

Just reordered more “cellar defenders,” the 2017 Ribbon Ridge Chardonnay and the Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. These wines are so good and such a great value!

jon leifer

#565 Post by jon leifer »

2017 Goodfellow Whistling Ridge Chardonnay...Lovely wine, went well with Teriyaki Salmon and wild rice..One of the best white wines I have tasted in a long time..Bravo, Marcus, well done!!
Jon

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#566 Post by Brian S t o t t e r »

Can’t wait till fall shopping season!
CT: rieslinghoarder

2020 WOTY: 2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese

2021 WOTY Candidates:

Marcus Goodfellow
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#567 Post by Marcus Goodfellow »

Thank you Jon, Doug, and Bob!
Winemaker & Owner

JDavisRoby
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#568 Post by JDavisRoby »

Have folks bought from the terroir emails Marcus has sent out? I keep missing the deadline. I don’t recall seeing any discussion about these bottles but I may have missed it.
Joshu@

Al Osterheld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#569 Post by Al Osterheld »

I intended to buy from both of them but didn't notice the deadline and forgot the offers as reality intruded.

-Al

Joe Chanley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#570 Post by Joe Chanley »

picked up some of the heritage in each offer

Rory K.

#571 Post by Rory K. »

JDavisRoby wrote: August 17th, 2020, 5:58 am Have folks bought from the terroir emails Marcus has sent out? I keep missing the deadline. I don’t recall seeing any discussion about these bottles but I may have missed it.
I've pieced a case together from them so far, a lot of familiar releases, just sent out in a different manner than before. I'm not planning on tasting most of them for a while however.
K i n n e a r

ITB

Megan Joy
GCC Member
GCC Member

#572 Post by Megan Joy »

JDavisRoby wrote: August 17th, 2020, 5:58 am Have folks bought from the terroir emails Marcus has sent out? I keep missing the deadline. I don’t recall seeing any discussion about these bottles but I may have missed it.
Between junk/bulk mail filters and the insane world that we are all trying to survive in right now, missing the order by date is 100% understandable (especially when we do something as stupid as sending an offer in the middle of a hurricane.) Just send Marcus or I an email and we are happy to sort it out.

The emails are the official "fall" release for the Heritage and Block Bottlings from 2018, though Berserkers have already had a preview of some of them with the Quarantine Relief. The 2018 single vineyards are included for those who wanted a re-up, and for recent additions to the mailing list who missed the spring offer. Fir Crest and Whistling Ridge emails will be coming in the next few weeks, so everything can be packed up and ready for the fall shipping window (which inevitably starts while we are both knee-deep in fermentors.)
Last edited by Megan Joy on August 17th, 2020, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ITB
Temperance Hill Vineyard

JDavisRoby
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#573 Post by JDavisRoby »

Thanks Megan, I have no doubt you’ll take care of me! Thank you for the response.

I think part of why I missed was I saw the email, meant to review against what I’d already bought (because the sounded familiar but couldn’t remember) and then didn’t go back until it was too late.
Joshu@

Patrick T a y l o r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#574 Post by Patrick T a y l o r »

Al Osterheld wrote: August 17th, 2020, 7:55 am I intended to buy from both of them but didn't notice the deadline and forgot the offers as reality intruded.
I think the deadline is more of a guideline. If you email and ask nicely, I suspect you can still get in on the offer.
The enemy of the good is the prefect.

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#575 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld »

Drinking a beautiful 2016 Richard’s Cuvée chard tonight. Paired with grilled chicken and lemon carrots. Just a fantastic wine in the zone.

Sean_S
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#576 Post by Sean_S »

• 2015 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Whistling Ridge Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Ribbon Ridge (8/28/2020)
    Should have read the reviews before I popped it. Better on day 3, but ,This is totally shut down IMO. Not much on the nose. Black Cherry, baking spice on an otherwise reticent nose. more savory than fruit on the palate with very firm tannins on the finish and mid-palate. The acid that I remember from release is still there but this wine has picked up weight and concentration. I believe this wine will substantially benefit from another 5-10 years in bottle. Hold!
Posted from CellarTracker
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY

2021 WOTY Candidates

Roger Ouellette
GCC Member
GCC Member

#577 Post by Roger Ouellette »

VIN0VIN0 LIKES THIS WINE: (EDIT)92 Points

2015 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Heritage No. 4

Monday, August 31, 2020 - Opened this excellent Oregon pinot from Marcus Goodfellow. Purchased while we were there for a tasting back in March of 2018. Loads of ripe black and red cherry, zingy acidity, strawberry, fresh and lively with a long finish. Still very primary with a long life ahead, no hurry to open my other bottle.

WsOTY (2020):

Dessert:
2003 Domaine Huet Vouvray Moelleux 1ère Trie Le Haut-Lieu
White:
2017 Kelley Fox Wines Pinot Blanc Barbie Freedom Hill Vineyard
Red:
1993 Dehlinger Syrah

Bob Hughes
GCC Member
GCC Member

#578 Post by Bob Hughes »

The thread on “Aging Oregon Chardonnay” got me thinking (and thirsty), so I went down to the cellar and pulled corks on the ‘14 & ‘15 Richard’s and the ‘15 Durant.

Sitting here with a glass of the ‘14 Richard’s - the nose still features that reductive petrol/matchstick. Great persistence on the finish, this wine seems to unfold on your palate as you savor it.

Just grabbed a glass of the ‘15 Richard’s - this is more expansive on the palate than it’s sibling, but shows less acidity and focus than the ‘14, and finishes with a touch of acerbity.

Will update when I get around to trying the ‘15 Durant - Monday afternoon drinking while sitting in the man cave listening to the Grateful Dead - things could be worse [cheers.gif]

Well, the ‘15 Durant is drinking very nicely - in fact, today it might be my favorite, although all three wines have their merits. Interestingly enough, in terms of aging potential, the only wine that strikes me as “mature” or unlikely to further benefit from time might be the ‘15 Richard’s. As I sit here today, given how the ‘14 Richard’s and ‘15 Durant are showing, I’d be shocked if they still weren’t drinking fine in 2025.

Marcus Goodfellow
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#579 Post by Marcus Goodfellow »

Roger Ouellette wrote: August 31st, 2020, 7:29 pm VIN0VIN0 LIKES THIS WINE: (EDIT)92 Points

2015 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Heritage No. 4

Monday, August 31, 2020 - Opened this excellent Oregon pinot from Marcus Goodfellow. Purchased while we were there for a tasting back in March of 2018. Loads of ripe black and red cherry, zingy acidity, strawberry, fresh and lively with a long finish. Still very primary with a long life ahead, no hurry to open my other bottle.

Roger, it’s great that you opened this. We’re emailing our fall release and have been trying to feature an older wine with each vineyard. We opened a bottle of the Heritage No. 4 based upon your note and it was an easy choice for the email!

It definitely has a long life ahead, but has come up from a mildly cranky phase amd is starting to show some wonderful tertiary flavors.
Winemaker & Owner

Marcus Goodfellow
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#580 Post by Marcus Goodfellow »

Bob Hughes wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:11 pm The thread on “Aging Oregon Chardonnay” got me thinking (and thirsty), so I went down to the cellar and pulled corks on the ‘14 & ‘15 Richard’s and the ‘15 Durant.

Sitting here with a glass of the ‘14 Richard’s - the nose still features that reductive petrol/matchstick. Great persistence on the finish, this wine seems to unfold on your palate as you savor it.

Just grabbed a glass of the ‘15 Richard’s - this is more expansive on the palate than it’s sibling, but shows less acidity and focus than the ‘14, and finishes with a touch of acerbity.

Will update when I get around to trying the ‘15 Durant - Monday afternoon drinking while sitting in the man cave listening to the Grateful Dead - things could be worse [cheers.gif]

Well, the ‘15 Durant is drinking very nicely - in fact, today it might be my favorite, although all three wines have their merits. Interestingly enough, in terms of aging potential, the only wine that strikes me as “mature” or unlikely to further benefit from time might be the ‘15 Richard’s. As I sit here today, given how the ‘14 Richard’s and ‘15 Durant are showing, I’d be shocked if they still weren’t drinking fine in 2025.
That sounds like a great way to spend the day. It’s hot enough here today that the man cave seems like the place to be.

I’m with you on the 2015 Richard’s, it will be interesting to see how it continues to evolve, but it feels like it’s in the plateau. Which is odd given the 2013 and 2014 is coming along.
Winemaker & Owner

Bob Hughes
GCC Member
GCC Member

#581 Post by Bob Hughes »

So I was late to jump on the Goodfellow bandwagon - I guess Rich Trimpi wanted to keep all the good stuff for himself before he decided to clue me in on it.

That said, I have tried to partake in some of Marcus’s Berserker Day Cellar Treasure offers, so I do have a limited selection of his older vintages. Tonight’s dinner was a bacon cheeseburger, so I decided to pair that up with the 2008 Bishop Creek Pinot and the 2009 Whistling Ridge - Ribbon Ridge Pinot.

While I wouldn’t call either wine a home run, they both worked with the burger. The cork on the 2009 basically disintegrated on opening, so I had to decant that wine, so that may have opened the wine up a bit during dinner - I’m sitting here with a glass and the red fruits and some spice accents have started to emerge. The Bishop Creek remains a little more linear on the palate.

Still, one could do worse on a Wednesday night [cheers.gif]

Richard T r i m p i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Location: Within walking distance of William Penn's Walking Purchase

#582 Post by Richard T r i m p i »

Bob Hughes wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 4:10 pm I guess Rich Trimpi wanted to keep all the good stuff for himself before he decided to clue me in on it.
Busted! Although, you don't like my Beaujolais picks IIRC. neener

I really don't drink much Goodfellow/Matello, mostly just taste it once in a while. And it keeps taking up more and more space in the basement. [cheers.gif] (see post #5 of this thread)

RT

Adam Noble
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#583 Post by Adam Noble »

Just popped open a Lewman Pinot courtesy of my friend Barry and guidance from Marcus. This bottle is worthy of your attention. Some tart cherry and mushroom on the nose and one of the loveliest smooth and expressive palates in the past several months. Structure to age and cherry/sage flavors with sufficient acid to make it bright and lingering. My wife commented that she liked the color as well. That bottle disappeared faster than any other in recent memory. Nicely done.

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#584 Post by Brian S t o t t e r »

Adam Noble wrote: September 25th, 2020, 7:29 pm Just popped open a Lewman Pinot courtesy of my friend Barry and guidance from Marcus. This bottle is worthy of your attention. Some tart cherry and mushroom on the nose and one of the loveliest smooth and expressive palates in the past several months. Structure to age and cherry/sage flavors with sufficient acid to make it bright and lingering. My wife commented that she liked the color as well. That bottle disappeared faster than any other in recent memory. Nicely done.
Outside of the Whistling Ridge wines, the Lewman has been my favorite.

2021 WOTY Candidates:

Adam Noble
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#585 Post by Adam Noble »

Brian S t o t t e r wrote: September 25th, 2020, 7:57 pm
Adam Noble wrote: September 25th, 2020, 7:29 pm Just popped open a Lewman Pinot courtesy of my friend Barry and guidance from Marcus. This bottle is worthy of your attention. Some tart cherry and mushroom on the nose and one of the loveliest smooth and expressive palates in the past several months. Structure to age and cherry/sage flavors with sufficient acid to make it bright and lingering. My wife commented that she liked the color as well. That bottle disappeared faster than any other in recent memory. Nicely done.
Outside of the Whistling Ridge wines, the Lewman has been my favorite.
I bypassed Lewman because I love Durant and Whistling Ridge so much. I’m rethinking that.

Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member

#586 Post by Sh@n A »

The 2018 Lewman (which I did not try) supposedly shows differently than the 2018 Lewman Heritage. I would ask Marcus about that, as you may prefer one over the other.
/ @ g r @ \

Sean_S
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#587 Post by Sean_S »

Over the last week. We drank a bunch of 17-18 Goodfellow Chardonnays from entry level bottlings to Richards. No formal notes on any of these but I can say having many side by side I certainly prefer 17 to 18. My wife is the opposite. All are outstanding. 2017 RR is still a favorite of mine. Glad I have another casing coming with my order on 18's because we have almost drank through a 1.5 cases of the 2017 RR. Amazing Juice.

Sean
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY

2021 WOTY Candidates

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#588 Post by Brian S t o t t e r »

Just saw UPS notices for 2 of my 4 or 5 cases of pending Goodfellow being shipped out today 😁

2021 WOTY Candidates:

Sean_S
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#589 Post by Sean_S »

Brian S t o t t e r wrote: September 28th, 2020, 11:32 am Just saw UPS notices for 2 of my 4 or 5 cases of pending Goodfellow being shipped out today 😁
I need to check on that. Have a pile coming and want it to go to correct address

Sean
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY

2021 WOTY Candidates

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#590 Post by Brian S t o t t e r »

Sean_S wrote: September 28th, 2020, 11:55 am
Brian S t o t t e r wrote: September 28th, 2020, 11:32 am Just saw UPS notices for 2 of my 4 or 5 cases of pending Goodfellow being shipped out today 😁
I need to check on that. Have a pile coming and want it to go to correct address

Sean
MO has an arcane law limiting wineries to ship 2 cases per month to customers. Having the same issue with Bedrock this fall. At least it gives me time to make room for them all.

2021 WOTY Candidates:

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#591 Post by Dave McIsaac »

Brian S t o t t e r wrote: September 28th, 2020, 11:57 am

Sean
MO has an arcane law limiting wineries to ship 2 cases per month to customers. Having the same issue with Bedrock this fall. At least it gives me time to make room for them all.
So by the time you receive the last of this year’s order, they will be ready to drink? 😇😎
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#592 Post by Brian S t o t t e r »

Dave McIsaac wrote: September 28th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Sean
So by the time you receive the last of this year’s order, they will be ready to drink? 😇😎
Yep! The Heritage wines will be in the last case ;)

2021 WOTY Candidates:

Marcus Goodfellow
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#593 Post by Marcus Goodfellow »

Brian S t o t t e r wrote: September 28th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Dave McIsaac wrote: September 28th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Yep! The Heritage wines will be in the last case ;)
And still a decade from ready to go!

;)
Winemaker & Owner

Michael R Fox

#594 Post by Michael R Fox »

Anyone from the NY area have an online retailer they are using to Purchase Goodfellow wine. I’ve found out the do not distribute to NY.

Thanks!

Al Osterheld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#595 Post by Al Osterheld »

Michael R Fox wrote: October 1st, 2020, 4:29 pm Anyone from the NY area have an online retailer they are using to Purchase Goodfellow wine. I’ve found out the do not distribute to NY.

Thanks!
Seems like a decent reason to move.

-Al

Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member

#596 Post by Sh@n A »

Michael R Fox wrote: October 1st, 2020, 4:29 pm Anyone from the NY area have an online retailer they are using to Purchase Goodfellow wine. I’ve found out the do not distribute to NY.
I believe you can buy direct from the winery. Send a PM to Marcus with your email.
/ @ g r @ \

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#597 Post by Adam Frisch »

Do you have some sort of deal going on, Marcus? The wines are great and I'm out of them, but $50-70 hurts these days more than ever. Do you do ITB discount?
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Owner, proprietor and winemaker at Sabelli-Frisch Wines. I make wine from low-impact vineyards, focus on rare, forgotten, under-appreciated or historic grape varietals. Mission grape is my main red focus. IG: sabellifrisch

Michael R Fox

#598 Post by Michael R Fox »

I did email him, he mentioned that is an option, especially during their email releases, also mentioned some wine shops in Oregon as well. Looking to pick up a couple bottles with some other purchases I want to make as well, so east coast or north east wine retailer makes more sense for me right now. May be the only guy on the thread who has not had a bottle from him and am really looking forward to having one!

Sean_S
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#599 Post by Sean_S »

Avalon, Vinopolis, Liner and and Elsen and Sec can all provide your Goodfellow. BTW: None of these folks including Marcus charge sales tax on out of state orders so that helps with Shipping costs... Its going to be cheaper and easier to order from these folks versus trying to find it back east and pay the premiums...

BTW: Marcus' current offer is 30$ a case shipping which is cheap if you live on the east coast and again no sales tax.

Sean
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY

2021 WOTY Candidates

Joe Chanley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#600 Post by Joe Chanley »

Adam Frisch wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 9:14 am Do you have some sort of deal going on, Marcus? The wines are great and I'm out of them, but $50-70 hurts these days more than ever. Do you do ITB discount?
He has a lot of wines that are under $50....actually the majority are....not to dissuade you from buying goodfellow, but there are a hell of a lot of great wines generally under $50 to drink without needing a discount.

Return to “Wine Talk”