Rieslingfeier 2017!

Tickets are on sale! Seminars are back again. Stephen has reduced the size of the Grand Tasting so it will be less crowded!

Needless to say I will be at all events and some other unofficial Rieslingfeier events!

This really is the best wine event of the year for anyone who loves Riesling.

Coolest event ever! I am sorry I will not make it this year… Have a blast. The “Giants 2005 and 2015” hosted by Stephan Bitterolf looks super cool.

Robert, there are 4 Saturday tastings, a VIP one at 10:30 (already sold out, it seems) and ones at 11:30, 1:00, and 2:00. Any suggestions on which one is best? TIA!

This is awesome…I might just have to plan to attend this next year.

Peter, if you are also going to the gala dinner, an earlier Grand Tasting is probably better than a later one. :wink:

I happened to check the website yesterday out of curiosity and the tickets were available then, so I purchased mine.

Damn. For the third year in a row I will be out of the country.

No I’d just go to the tasting. Do they tend to run out of wine/interest later in the day? (I vaguely remember reading something like that, but maybe it was la Paulée not Rieslingfeier)

Pity. Would’ve been a good chance to say hello.

I can’t answer your question about the Tasting, but the last time I attended, the Friday seminars were also very worthwhile.

I do not ever recall them running out of wine. That said I would probably go to the earlier tastings. As I mentioned they have cut back on the numbers this year and asked people to respect their time slots.

I agree the seminars are excellent and well worth it.

Joseph - I am putting together a BYOB dinner in Chinatown for the winemakers on the Friday night, if you have any interest PM me your address.

Man, I have a work trip elsewhere during Rieslingfeier this this year. I haven’t been to one since the very first one several years ago. Perhaps next year.

Argh - also out of the country. Again!

Joseph - I am putting together a BYOB dinner in Chinatown for the winemakers on the Friday night, if you have any interest PM me your address.[/quote]

Robert- PM sent, thanks.

One of my favorite wine events all year. And this time there will be some great winemakers from Austria as well! (Franz Hirtzberger and Leo Alzinger)

Very excited for my first Rieslingfeier! I will be at the dinner and the early session of the tasting – possibly some of the seminars on Friday as well.

In prior years either I have been blocked or it has sold out too quickly – glad to have it work out this year!

Now what to bring? Going to have to dig deep in the cellar for this one!

Thanks for the heads up. I missed it last year, looks like I can make it this year.

Just a reminder on the BYOB Welcome event at Canton Lounge on Friday. I think I have emailed everyone on the thread who has expressed interest. PM if you are interested we have room.

As far as Rieslingfeier some tickets remain but it is close to selling out.

Rob,
Once again, looks like an incredible event! Kudos to your passion for and promotion of the glory of Riesling.
I will be out west, but will be looking forward to impressions and notes in the after math!
ZUM WOHL!

I’ll be at the 11:30 tasting. Guess Rob will also, anyone else? Have to wear the WB lapel pin!