Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 386
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#251 Post by Sean_S » July 29th, 2017, 8:37 pm

  • 2015 The Princess and the Peasant Carignan - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (7/29/2017)
    I get plum and dark fruit on the nose. Big explosion of fruit (blueberry, pomm,plum, raspberry) and some great balancing acid in my mouth. Tart finish with some subtle tannin. This is a vibrant and fun wine. Glad I have some more left. Will buy again. Great QPR. Berserker day find (92 pts.)
    Image
Posted from CellarTracker
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Summit Rd, Redwood Estates, CA

User avatar
Drew Goin
Posts: 6224
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#252 Post by Drew Goin » July 30th, 2017, 5:06 am

Thanks for the note, Sean!

I am fascinated to see how The Princess & The Peasant wine is coming together nicely in the months after my sampling of this phenomenal Carignan. :)

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5963
Joined: August 28th, 2010, 3:35 pm

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#253 Post by Michael Martin » July 30th, 2017, 6:00 am

I am looking forward to a few: West of Temperance, Princess and Peasant, Virage.

User avatar
Kurt B e i t l e r
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 92
Joined: February 21st, 2013, 2:31 pm
Location: Occidental, CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#254 Post by Kurt B e i t l e r » July 31st, 2017, 1:22 pm

V. Ly wrote:Boheme: Kurt Beitler is one of the nicest and easy going wine makers that I've had the pleasure to taste with. I found out about his wine through Berserker Day, and was interested in his cool climate pinot noirs. I like how all his wines are estate grown. They are from "true" Sonoma coast with many photos in the tasting room showcasing how close the vineyards are to the ocean, high above the fog line. Kurt was very generous with opening new fresh bottles for us to try and when I expressed interest in learning what stem inclusion does for the texture/taste of the wine he opened up a different vintage of the same wine to show me the difference 10% stems vs 20% (don't quote me on that number though, as I didn't write down detailed notes). While the previous vintage was good, I think the 2013 was a step up with some of the changes he made. He also educated us about the different pinot clones in his wines. Our group went through quite a few stems that day as he allowed us to do many of the tastes side by side. My overall impression is that I came in with the false preconception that cool climate meant lower density in flavor. These wines are really flavorful with great acidity and silky texture. Alcohol at mid 13% to low 14%. I believe the wines show distinction between vineyard sites. I think all of the wines are ready to drink now, but will benefit from aging 5-10 years. We tasted through the 2013 vintage, but when I found out his 10th anniversary 2014 vintage was almost ready for release I asked to purchase the 2014 since it was my son's birth year. My friend and I split a case with him purchasing 2013 (his twin's birth year) so it will be fun to taste these two vintages together in the future. If you are in the area I highly recommend emailing him to schedule a tasting with him! One caveat, the tasting room is a bit rustic (but charming).
Drew Goin wrote:Thanks for the notes, V.Ly!

Kurt is an incredibly nice guy. I am glad you had a chance to go to his tasting room. :)

Thx for your remarks guys - you likely caught me on a good day. Sadly I'm used to locals flogging me with baguettes & broomsticks.

V, come again soon before harvest and I'll show the latest. We'll taste the new Zin [cheers.gif] (Drew sampled already)

Must say I'm hurt though: Was it the the cardboard or chesterfield you found rustic? Ha! Ouch!! neener
Image
ITB
http://www.bohemewines.com

User avatar
John Simpson
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion
Posts: 31
Joined: December 19th, 2016, 10:06 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#255 Post by John Simpson » July 31st, 2017, 3:26 pm

Enjoyed my 2nd bottle of 2014 Briceland Ishi Pishi Ranch Zinfandel tonight that I purchased on Berserker Day VIII. Very very drinkable even on hot summer evenings w/o food and only 13.3% abv. Opened 2 hrs before and cooled a bit. Nice zin spice on the nose; very blue grape on the palate. Not particularly concentrated or complex but plenty of tannin and acid for my (novice) taste. Dry, light; delightful.

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 25692
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Location: Certainly NOT Orlando

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#256 Post by Corey N. » August 2nd, 2017, 7:56 am

Finished up my Princess & the Peasant/Signal Ridge order. My favorite was the Carignan. Really wish that I had purchased more.
Nøv¡¢k

User avatar
Drew Goin
Posts: 6224
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#257 Post by Drew Goin » August 16th, 2017, 6:50 pm

Corey N. wrote:Finished up my Princess & the Peasant/Signal Ridge order. My favorite was the Carignan. Really wish that I had purchased more.
I love The Princess and The Peasant Carignan!!! I did enjoy the Signal Ridge Zin and the TP&TP Pinot Noir, but the Carignan is a fantastic bottle of wine! :)

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18154
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#258 Post by Brian Tuite » August 16th, 2017, 7:01 pm

The Briceland Pinots have all been winners so far. Yet to pull the trigger on the Zin. All in time.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 25692
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Location: Certainly NOT Orlando

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#259 Post by Corey N. » August 16th, 2017, 7:17 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:The Briceland Pinots have all been winners so far. Yet to pull the trigger on the Zin. All in time.
Oh shoot Brian, thanks for reminding me. I pulled this the other day...
  • 2014 Briceland Vineyards Pinot Noir - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (8/12/2017)
    Dark red colored and completely opaque. Bouquet of red fruits, flowers, and spice.

    On pop and pour the flavors were primarily fresh red cherries, strawberries with green herbal notes and flowers. With some air the red fruit darkened and mineral, rhubarb and orange peel notes emerged.

    In many ways, this is reminiscent of a well-made Anderson Valley appellation wine, as the flavor components are all there and yet it's different. The herbal notes seemed rounder and more integrated than most AV wines I've consumed. Medium bodied and balanced. This should hold well for several years, but it's in such a nice place that there's no need to wait. Delicious. 13.1%abv (92 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

It really DID share a lot of similarities to a well-made AV wine -- it's like the notes were the same, but they were played differently and for my tastes, better. Great showing for the wine. I've had this several times now and it's unquestionably a QPR champ.
Nøv¡¢k

User avatar
Dave H.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 627
Joined: January 17th, 2013, 10:25 am
Location: Charlottesville, VA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#260 Post by Dave H. » August 25th, 2017, 6:37 pm

2012 Navarro Cabernet Sauvignon--First time I've ever had a Navarro CS and I didn't know what to expect. This is great. Tastes strongly of licorice and herbs but with ample plummy fruits. No milk chocolate. Integrated oak. I'll buy Navarro mystery packs on BD for as long as they are offered.
Hendrik

User avatar
M. Dildine
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20616
Joined: February 8th, 2009, 5:09 pm
Location: Alta California

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#261 Post by M. Dildine » August 25th, 2017, 8:28 pm

Dave H. wrote:2012 Navarro Cabernet Sauvignon--First time I've ever had a Navarro CS and I didn't know what to expect. This is great. Tastes strongly of licorice and herbs but with ample plummy fruits. No milk chocolate. Integrated oak. I'll buy Navarro mystery packs on BD for as long as they are offered.
Navarro does great work!
Cheers,

Mike

User avatar
Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 386
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#262 Post by Sean_S » August 30th, 2017, 10:48 pm

  • 2013 Navarro Vineyards Chardonnay Mendocino - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino (8/30/2017)
    Wine is clear and developing some wonderful golden hues. Wow, this wine is drinking well right now. Fresh citrus and honey on the nose. Leads with fruit and acidity on the tip of the tongue, grapefruit mid palate, with a mixture of acid and hint of oak on the finish. Some lushness on the palate. IMO defintely some malo and some oak but not dominant. No detectable heat. ~13.5% ABV. This is a great example of balanced California chardonnay. Not very complex or extreme finish but really made well made wine IMO. Good QPR. Perplexed by the variety of takes here on CT on this wine. Some of them make me wonder if we were drinking the same wine. I'll be buying more soon. BerserkerDay goodness!!!! (93 pts.)
    Image
Posted from CellarTracker
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Summit Rd, Redwood Estates, CA

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37682
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#263 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 31st, 2017, 8:06 am

Sean_S wrote:
  • 2013 Navarro Vineyards Chardonnay Mendocino - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino (8/30/2017)
    Wine is clear and developing some wonderful golden hues. Wow, this wine is drinking well right now. Fresh citrus and honey on the nose. Leads with fruit and acidity on the tip of the tongue, grapefruit mid palate, with a mixture of acid and hint of oak on the finish. Some lushness on the palate. IMO defintely some malo and some oak but not dominant. No detectable heat. ~13.5% ABV. This is a great example of balanced California chardonnay. Not very complex or extreme finish but really made well made wine IMO. Good QPR. Perplexed by the variety of takes here on CT on this wine. Some of them make me wonder if we were drinking the same wine. I'll be buying more soon. BerserkerDay goodness!!!! (93 pts.)
    Image
Posted from CellarTracker
Wow, impressive review! I might have to open my bottle sooner than later with that kind of note!

I've been trying to get hold of the fellow that made the Navarro offer, as he wasn't officially from Navarro (not sure how that works) but haven't had any luck.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Bdklein
Posts: 3555
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#264 Post by Bdklein » September 4th, 2017, 7:09 pm

We opened a bottle of Theopolis Symphony today, as we said goodbye to summer . Really yummy and unique, although a bit on the fruity/sweet side. It was served a bit warmer than I would have preferred, which may have resulted in the fruit component being a bit elevated .

Nice job, Theodora.
Bruce Klein

User avatar
Drew Goin
Posts: 6224
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#265 Post by Drew Goin » September 4th, 2017, 9:36 pm

Bdklein wrote:We opened a bottle of Theopolis Symphony today, as we said goodbye to summer . Really yummy and unique, although a bit on the fruity/sweet side. It was served a bit warmer than I would have preferred, which may have resulted in the fruit component being a bit elevated .

Nice job, Theodora.
Thanks for the note! I think this might be the first TN I have read of a Symphony, a grape that actually seems to be increasingly more visible these days. :)

User avatar
Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 386
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#266 Post by Sean_S » September 28th, 2017, 10:40 pm

Sean_S wrote:
  • 2013 Navarro Vineyards Chardonnay Mendocino - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino (8/30/2017)
    Wine is clear and developing some wonderful golden hues. Wow, this wine is drinking well right now. Fresh citrus and honey on the nose. Leads with fruit and acidity on the tip of the tongue, grapefruit mid palate, with a mixture of acid and hint of oak on the finish. Some lushness on the palate. IMO defintely some malo and some oak but not dominant. No detectable heat. ~13.5% ABV. This is a great example of balanced California chardonnay. Not very complex or extreme finish but really made well made wine IMO. Good QPR. Perplexed by the variety of takes here on CT on this wine. Some of them make me wonder if we were drinking the same wine. I'll be buying more soon. BerserkerDay goodness!!!! (93 pts.)
    Image
Posted from CellarTracker
Been drinking more of the many Berserker day packs I bought and all have been winners. The Navarro Gewürztraminer was a good wine, Acidic and sharp on opening upon PNP. Found it buried in the back of fridge 5 days later and it was rockin and silky at the same time. [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] Great wine... Sorry I have a bias for value California producers and so far Navarro rocks. I'll also admit that I have passion for Mendo proper and Anderson Valley. There is so much organic goodness growing in those areas on so many levels.

Navarro are clearing out some great wines and have $0.01 mixed cases shipping right now so it was no brainer to stock up on some Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer, Riesling, Zin, Cabernet and more. Evidently must of a been a popular deal as many of the reserve and Magnums were gone in a few hours. Glad to have scored a few Mags....

BTW: Vincent and Tercero have drinking REALLY well too. Already re-upped on Vincent during his recent pre-order offerings.

Certainly need to get some more Tercero. Writing this made me realize I am not getting their emails. I need to fix that.... One wine both myself and my wife consistently can enjoy together. Screw cap is +2 points. I goto SB all the time but never to taste. Always too busy with mountain biking, surfing, and hiking the springs in Montecito to go Tasting farther than the Funk Zone. Hopefully visit Larry et all sometime soon though.

Everything except my VISA bill loves Berserker Day. Can't wait.... Thanks to ALL the producers with offers. All have been winners.... Need to write a few more TN's.

Sean
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Summit Rd, Redwood Estates, CA

User avatar
Drew Goin
Posts: 6224
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#267 Post by Drew Goin » January 4th, 2018, 11:44 am

Sean_S wrote:
  • 2015 The Princess and the Peasant Carignan - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (7/29/2017)
    I get plum and dark fruit on the nose. Big explosion of fruit (blueberry, pomm,plum, raspberry) and some great balancing acid in my mouth. Tart finish with some subtle tannin. This is a vibrant and fun wine. Glad I have some more left. Will buy again. Great QPR. Berserker day find (92 pts.)
    Image
Posted from CellarTracker
Here is a video of the "Women in Wine" movement, including Mrs Stephanie Riven of Signal Ridge and The Princess and The Peasant:

https://outandaboutmedia.com/spotlight- ... n-in-wine/

As indicated in the 2018 Berserker Day planning thread, Stephanie's husband Dan is now working solely on their family winery (The Princess and The Peasant). If you have not tasted these wines, you are missing out!! :)

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 25692
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Location: Certainly NOT Orlando

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#268 Post by Corey N. » January 6th, 2018, 6:49 am

I decided that, leading up to BerserkerDay, it was time to start opening some BD wines.
  • 2013 Briceland Vineyards Pinot Noir Phelps Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (1/5/2018)
    Damn, this is good...The nose is immediately beguiling with sweet tart aromas of strawberry and cranberry. With a bit of air, the white flowers come out to play (a Briceland signature) with baby powder and spice playing supporting roles.

    The palate is a complex melange of red fruits -- cherry, raspberry, strawberry, pomegranate -- with orange rind and baby powder added to the mix. There's really nice structure with the acidity giving nice lift to the medium bodied wine. Should age effortlessly for a decade from vintage, but totally delicious now.

    Ready to go from pop and pour. A beautiful expression of California Pinot Noir, that is a true bargain for a SVD. 148 cases, 13.5%abv. (92 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

I've had this wine in the past and it seems to be improving. I ordered Briceland on my first BerserkerDay rodeo and I haven't stopped. And the winemaking seems to be getting better and better.
Nøv¡¢k

User avatar
Andrew Morris
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 1284
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Location: Southern Humboldt, CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#269 Post by Andrew Morris » January 6th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Thanks for posting your note. I am glad that you continue to enjoy the wines.

It is time to be thinking about BerserkerDay. I think I have a couple cases of that 13 that has escaped consumption in my cellar. I'll have to put together an offer that includes that one while it lasts.
Corey N. wrote:I decided that, leading up to BerserkerDay, it was time to start opening some BD wines.
  • 2013 Briceland Vineyards Pinot Noir Phelps Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (1/5/2018)
    Damn, this is good...The nose is immediately beguiling with sweet tart aromas of strawberry and cranberry. With a bit of air, the white flowers come out to play (a Briceland signature) with baby powder and spice playing supporting roles.

    The palate is a complex melange of red fruits -- cherry, raspberry, strawberry, pomegranate -- with orange rind and baby powder added to the mix. There's really nice structure with the acidity giving nice lift to the medium bodied wine. Should age effortlessly for a decade from vintage, but totally delicious now.

    Ready to go from pop and pour. A beautiful expression of California Pinot Noir, that is a true bargain for a SVD. 148 cases, 13.5%abv. (92 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

I've had this wine in the past and it seems to be improving. I ordered Briceland on my first BerserkerDay rodeo and I haven't stopped. And the winemaking seems to be getting better and better.
Andrew Morris

User avatar
larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 7098
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 9:26 am
Location: Santa Ynez Valley, CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#270 Post by larry schaffer » January 6th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Yep, time to get this thread back up to the top of posts - and to keep it there for a few weeks :-)

Getting excited about January 27th and not only what I'll be offering for tercero, but what I'll be purchasing from others!

Cheers.
larry schaffer
tercero wines

User avatar
Jay $$ Winton
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2540
Joined: June 1st, 2009, 5:21 pm
Location: University Park, MD/Rehoboth Beach, DE

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#271 Post by Jay $$ Winton » January 6th, 2018, 12:59 pm

Andrew Morris wrote:Thanks for posting your note. I am glad that you continue to enjoy the wines.

It is time to be thinking about BerserkerDay. I think I have a couple cases of that 13 that has escaped consumption in my cellar. I'll have to put together an offer that includes that one while it lasts.
Corey N. wrote:I decided that, leading up to BerserkerDay, it was time to start opening some BD wines.
  • 2013 Briceland Vineyards Pinot Noir Phelps Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (1/5/2018)
    Damn, this is good...The nose is immediately beguiling with sweet tart aromas of strawberry and cranberry. With a bit of air, the white flowers come out to play (a Briceland signature) with baby powder and spice playing supporting roles.

    The palate is a complex melange of red fruits -- cherry, raspberry, strawberry, pomegranate -- with orange rind and baby powder added to the mix. There's really nice structure with the acidity giving nice lift to the medium bodied wine. Should age effortlessly for a decade from vintage, but totally delicious now.

    Ready to go from pop and pour. A beautiful expression of California Pinot Noir, that is a true bargain for a SVD. 148 cases, 13.5%abv. (92 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

I've had this wine in the past and it seems to be improving. I ordered Briceland on my first BerserkerDay rodeo and I haven't stopped. And the winemaking seems to be getting better and better.
and your rose was delicious!
Immaturity-my life, not my wine.

User avatar
larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 7098
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 9:26 am
Location: Santa Ynez Valley, CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#272 Post by larry schaffer » January 6th, 2018, 1:59 pm

Jay,

You have any left? It's actually better now than it was a few months ago. Seriously. Thanks for the kind words. Cheers!
larry schaffer
tercero wines

User avatar
Andrew Morris
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 1284
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Location: Southern Humboldt, CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#273 Post by Andrew Morris » January 6th, 2018, 2:57 pm

Thanks, Jay.

Humboldt has always been a good place to farm Pinot for Rosé. Glad you liked it.
J a y W i n t % n wrote:
Andrew Morris wrote:Thanks for posting your note. I am glad that you continue to enjoy the wines.

It is time to be thinking about BerserkerDay. I think I have a couple cases of that 13 that has escaped consumption in my cellar. I'll have to put together an offer that includes that one while it lasts.
and your rose was delicious!
Andrew Morris

User avatar
Joe B
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8485
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 2:40 pm
Location: North Burbs Chicago Illinois

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#274 Post by Joe B » January 6th, 2018, 4:35 pm

I drank the 2014 Riverain cab last night. It was nice but not overly complex and in need of more time.
Last edited by Joe B on January 6th, 2018, 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J W@ll @ce
WOTY
2009 Shafer Hillside Select 98
2013 Realm To-Kalon 97

User avatar
Steve Nordhoff
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 791
Joined: February 14th, 2010, 9:16 am
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#275 Post by Steve Nordhoff » January 6th, 2018, 4:38 pm

Joe B wrote:I drank the 2014 Riverain cab last night. It was nice but not evenly complex and in need of more time.
2 hours in the decanter helps too.
ITB -Riverain Vineyards

User avatar
Robert Pollard-Smith
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5074
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 9:11 am
Location: Always on LSD, except when traveling

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#276 Post by Robert Pollard-Smith » January 6th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Corey N. wrote:I decided that, leading up to BerserkerDay, it was time to start opening some BD wines.
  • 2013 Briceland Vineyards Pinot Noir Phelps Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (1/5/2018)
    Damn, this is good...The nose is immediately beguiling with sweet tart aromas of strawberry and cranberry. With a bit of air, the white flowers come out to play (a Briceland signature) with baby powder and spice playing supporting roles.

    The palate is a complex melange of red fruits -- cherry, raspberry, strawberry, pomegranate -- with orange rind and baby powder added to the mix. There's really nice structure with the acidity giving nice lift to the medium bodied wine. Should age effortlessly for a decade from vintage, but totally delicious now.

    Ready to go from pop and pour. A beautiful expression of California Pinot Noir, that is a true bargain for a SVD. 148 cases, 13.5%abv. (92 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

I've had this wine in the past and it seems to be improving. I ordered Briceland on my first BerserkerDay rodeo and I haven't stopped. And the winemaking seems to be getting better and better.
I told you, and you doubted me. Yutz.
He's like a star on a foggy morning
When you think he's near, he's far away

Lee Short
Posts: 1138
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 7:33 am
Location: Portland, OR

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#277 Post by Lee Short » January 6th, 2018, 9:48 pm

Coincidentally, I had the Briceland 2014 Humboldt Pinot with duck for lunch. It reminded me a great deal of the Alderpoint vineyard pinot, but with a little bit less concentration and delineation. For a regional wine, I thought it was fantastic. It's drinking really quite well now, and would encourage you to try one if you have any.

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 25692
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Location: Certainly NOT Orlando

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#278 Post by Corey N. » January 8th, 2018, 7:50 am

Robert Pollard-Smith wrote:I told you, and you doubted me. Yutz.
#FakeNews!!!

--
  • 2010 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Deux Vert - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (1/7/2018)
    Red fruits and green herbal notes on pop and pour. The fruit grows significantly darker with air, with a pronounced minerality emerging. whie the green note remaining. The palate is silky with enough structure to suggest that it will last for several more years. Drinking very well now.

    40% whole cluster. 13%abv.
Posted from CellarTracker

Sometimes when I'm distracted, or don't feel like it, I won't score. Don't read anything into it; this was really good. I can see where some people might find the green notes distracting, but for me they provide interest. Very good.
Nøv¡¢k

Mike Evans
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro
Posts: 2630
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#279 Post by Mike Evans » January 9th, 2018, 3:05 pm

Here are assorted notes from the past year or so that I don't think I've posted on this thread before:

2013 Briceland Vineyards Pinot Noir Ronda's Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (11/25/2017)
A brooding, or maybe just contemplative wine, with pretty pine bough aromas and a meaty savoriness joining plummy, dark cherry fruit with a fair bit of fine tannin and acid supporting the fruit. (93 pts.)

2012 Briceland Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Humboldt County Ishi Pishi Ranch - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (11/4/2017)
Saturday Bordeaux: Great tangy red fruit nose with a little spice, bright red currant fruit with good acidity, terrific balance, and only 12.7% alcohol, a splendid wine. (93 pts.)

2013 Briceland Vineyards Pinot Noir - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (4/1/2017)
Beautiful cranberry and spice, great balance and a surprising amount of structure. Almost impossible to stop drinking and unreal with robatayaki duck at a local Asian fusion bewpub. (92 pts.)

2009 Bodega Dominio Buenavista / Veleta Tempranillo Privilegio - Spain, Andalucía, Vino de la Tierra Contraviesa Alpujarra (8/19/2017)
Not particularly complex, but with nice purity to the fruit and a touch of spice it is a fun and quaffable wine, and there is nothing wrong with that. (89 pts.)

2011 Ladd Cellars Pinot Noir Russian River Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (1/14/2017)
Sweet cherry fruit with tomato skin and spice, well supported by slightly grainy tannin and bright acidity. (91 pts.)

2004 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Reserve - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (3/11/2017)
It was kind of dull when first opened, but about 3 hours after a double decant, it was lovely as perfumed dark cherry and plum fruit and spice danced around a fine framework of acidity to a pleasant harmony. (91 pts.)

2013 Random Wine Company Cabernet Franc - USA, Oregon, Columbia Valley (4/14/2017)
Potpourri floral and spice in a good way, with some savory olive and bright cranberry fruit. One of the best New World Cabernet Francs I've had and by far the most similar to a Loire CF. (91 pts.)

2012 Riverain Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (2/8/2017)
I'm not normally a fan of big California cabs, but I really liked this. Rich but pure cabernet fruit that isn't obscured by too much oak and spice, it has a nice acidity and a strong but ripe tannic foundation. Not much change the next day, it was still drinking very well. (93 pts.)

2012 Riverain Syrah Cardiac Hill Bennett Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Bennett Valley (11/8/2017)
Ripe but with savory black olive and smoked meat to keep it from being cloying. (92 pts.)

2014 Sojourn Chardonnay Sangiacomo Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (1/14/2017)
Nice acidity balances out the ripe fruit and fairly tame oak. (91 pts.)

2010 Tercero Verbiage (Rouge) - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County (12/10/2016)
Ripe brambly fruit but not cloying thanks to a meaty peppery savory twist and plenty of acid, tasted alone there is a little bitterness but it smooths out with food. Pretty tasty and a good value, it will be interesting to see what more time does to it, as it has plenty of stuffing. (89 pts.)

2012 Tercero Viognier White Hawk Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County (11/25/2017)
Fresh with good minerality and florality without too much oiliness, not super complex but a very solid well-made wine. (91 pts.)
Last edited by Mike Evans on January 12th, 2018, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 25692
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Location: Certainly NOT Orlando

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#280 Post by Corey N. » January 9th, 2018, 4:43 pm

Great notes Mike. I agree with you about the Briceland wines -- the Ronda's PN is consistently my favorite of the line-up (though the PV has me re-thinking that). The Cab is pretty great too. And your note on the Random CF really has me excited.

--

Another BerserkerDay purchase...I don't drink as much Cab as I used to, but really enjoyed this wine. Very well-proportioned and the pedigree of the vineyard shines through.
  • 2008 Keating Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Georges III Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Rutherford (1/9/2018)
    Vivid purple color that looks lively in the glass. Nose of purple fruit and some Bordeaux funk/earth.

    Flavors of blackberry, cassis and plum with vanilla, licorice and green herbs playing supporting roles. Medium bodied and velvety on the tongue with firm acidity. Still tastes a bit young, this nicely proportioned, elegant wine should drink well for at least another 7 years. 14.2%abv.
Posted from CellarTracker
Nøv¡¢k

dsGriswold
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2699
Joined: October 7th, 2009, 12:42 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#281 Post by dsGriswold » January 9th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Beau's Random Wines are really good and I mirror Mike's note.
'10 OR PN is a favorite of mine, but missed getting any B-H, my loss.
DennisG

Mike Evans
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro
Posts: 2630
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#282 Post by Mike Evans » January 9th, 2018, 5:31 pm

Corey, I didn't buy any of Andrew's PV, an unfortunate oversight. I am finding that I like Briceland's Bordeaux varieties as much as the PNs, and they continually impress when served blind for my friends who normally don't like West Coast wines. The Ronda's is my favorite, maybe in part because the 2012 was one of the first Bricelands I tried and which blew me away. The challenge is having some degree of restraint when there are just so many good wines in the portfolio.

Mike Evans
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro
Posts: 2630
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#283 Post by Mike Evans » January 12th, 2018, 6:48 am

Two more BD wines this week:

2013 Greyscale Wines Cuvée Blanc - USA, California, Napa Valley (1/10/2018)
Melon and a little vanilla and a little tropical. Not showing a lot of acid, but enough, and it finishes well. (89 pts.)

2013 Riverain Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (1/10/2018)
Ripe currant fruit with a touch of vanilla and brown sugar, intense and ripe, but with enough savoriness to stay drinkable. Loaded with ripe tannin that is obscured by the fruit. Not my usual style at all, it is a guilty pleasure. Holds up well on day 2. (93 pts.)

User avatar
Drew Goin
Posts: 6224
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#284 Post by Drew Goin » January 12th, 2018, 7:06 am

Mike Evans wrote:Here are assorted notes from the past year or so that I don't think I've posted on this thread before...
Now this is how you do it! Excellent report just in time for the Berserker Day sale!!! :)

Mike Evans
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro
Posts: 2630
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#285 Post by Mike Evans » January 13th, 2018, 8:18 pm

These are duplicated from a different thread, but I'm putting them here to help potential BD buyers:

2012 Cabot Vineyards Syrah Marier Vineyard Humboldt County - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (1/13/2018)
Football Saturday: Despite following the 2007 and 2008 Allemand Reynard, no one guessed that it was a New World Syrah. Dark brambly fruit with savory olive and just a trace of pepper., very impressive. (92 pts.)

2014 Vincent Pinot Noir Zenith Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (1/13/2018)
Football Saturday: Beautiful dark cherry, a little spice, nicely concentrated and tangy, seamlessly integrated, just lovely. (92 pts.)

2015 Paetra Riesling - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (1/13/2018)
Football Saturday: Peach and minerals with a bit of florality. Fairly full body balanced by fresh acidity, all of the group thought it was a European Riesling. Nicely done and good value. (91 pts.)

2016 Wilde Farm Wines Dolcetto Fox Hill Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino (1/13/2018)
Football Saturday: Fruity and vivacious, almost seems a little sweet, refreshing and very appealing and varietally accurate. (91 pts.)

dsGriswold
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2699
Joined: October 7th, 2009, 12:42 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#286 Post by dsGriswold » January 13th, 2018, 8:56 pm

Drank the top three and all are outstanding. [wow.gif]
DennisG

User avatar
Scott Wi3gand
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 369
Joined: April 2nd, 2016, 8:03 pm
Location: Washington

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#287 Post by Scott Wi3gand » January 13th, 2018, 10:23 pm

2012 Navarro Mendocino Cabernet Sauvignon - this was surprisingly good. I wouldn’t have thought to buy Cabernet from Navarro but it was included in the mystery pack and I’m glad it was. Good concentration of black fruit and mostly resolves tannins and very nice aromas. I haven’t had anything from Navarro yet that I haven’t been impressed with.

Mike Evans
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro
Posts: 2630
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#288 Post by Mike Evans » January 17th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Tonight's BD selection was a 2014 Foursight Pinot Noir Charles Vineyard. A pleasant wine with the dark cherry and spice that exemplifies Anderson Valley Pinot Noir, but with a little bitterness on the finish and lacking a bit of complexity. Better with food than on its own at the moment.

User avatar
Bill H o o p e r
Posts: 794
Joined: August 12th, 2010, 6:05 am
Location: McMinnville, OR

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#289 Post by Bill H o o p e r » January 18th, 2018, 4:24 pm

Thank you so much Mike! It has been a crazy year for Paetra and I feel like I'm only now coming up for air. It's a huge compliment and I'm glad you liked it. I think with the right techniques we can very much capture the classic European style in the new world with many varieties.

Cheers,
Bill
Paetrawine.com
Oregon Riesling

User avatar
Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1739
Joined: June 20th, 2011, 7:49 am
Location: Sherman Oaks

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#290 Post by Scott Watkins » January 18th, 2018, 8:10 pm

Mike Evans wrote:Tonight's BD selection was a 2014 Foursight Pinot Noir Charles Vineyard. Better with food than on its own at the moment.
Those are words I love in a tasting note :)
Pruning the vine is a primordial gesture through which man passes from barbarity to culture.

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3400
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 9:02 am

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#291 Post by Siun o'Connell » January 21st, 2018, 3:01 pm

Just back from a nice long BYO brunch where I shared one of the 2015 Pétillant Naturel of Pinot Noir from Johan Vineyards. It's the first of my three I've opened and it was a really interesting wine. We inverted to mix in the lees and decided it needed more of a chill than it had when we began so grabbed an ice bucket - and then two of us enjoyed it over four hours. Very food friendly, not too sweet, not too acid ... someone last BD said guava notes which now makes sense to me but suggests more sugar and fruit than this. I'm not a tasting note person (as you can tell) but this had a a bit fuller mouth feel than most sparklers, hit an interesting spot of refreshing but with substance ... definitely enjoyed this and am glad to have more. Would love to see notes from those who know how to nail this description.

User avatar
Joe Webb
Posts: 1225
Joined: August 30th, 2010, 1:49 pm
Location: Boonville, CA- Anderson Valley

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#292 Post by Joe Webb » January 21st, 2018, 5:38 pm

Mike Evans wrote:Tonight's BD selection was a 2014 Foursight Pinot Noir Charles Vineyard. A pleasant wine with the dark cherry and spice that exemplifies Anderson Valley Pinot Noir, but with a little bitterness on the finish and lacking a bit of complexity. Better with food than on its own at the moment.
Thanks for the note Mike. That vintage will be the most age-able we have produced to date, I expect the complexity to increase with time as did our '07, '09, and '12. Burghound agreed stating "This is awfully pretty if not particularly concentrated and is a wine that could easily be enjoyed now or held for a few years first in the hopes of developing a bit more overall depth. Drink 2020+". I hit my upper limit at 50% whole clusters in that vintage so that may be where you are getting a touch of bitterness, some like my wife and you are more sensitive to it than I. We do indeed strive to make sit down wines to have with food, though I did add one bottling, Paraboll (Formerly Londer Vineyards Paraboll that I make the same way I did for them as managing partner) that is much riper and approachable in youth. In the past were 10.5-11 months in barrel and 18-20 before release. On the Zero and Charles I am now 18-20 in barrel and 10-12 before release as of 2016 vintage.
Scott Watkins wrote:
Mike Evans wrote:Tonight's BD selection was a 2014 Foursight Pinot Noir Charles Vineyard. Better with food than on its own at the moment.
Those are words I love in a tasting note :)
Agree on all counts Scott!

Putting together this years offer tonight. Cant wait for BDIX!
BTW- the '15 vintage was much more dense due to small berries and thicker skins, likely wont be as age-able but has much more to give in its youth. 25% below average crop size lead to a natural "saignee" effect. More similar to my '13's than '14's.
Drink to remember not to forget!
ITB- Proprietor & Winemaker Foursight Wines, GM Londer Vineyards (RIP 2001-2013)

User avatar
Joe Webb
Posts: 1225
Joined: August 30th, 2010, 1:49 pm
Location: Boonville, CA- Anderson Valley

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#293 Post by Joe Webb » January 22nd, 2018, 9:07 am

Drew Goin wrote:
Sean_S wrote:
  • 2015 The Princess and the Peasant Carignan - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (7/29/2017)
    I get plum and dark fruit on the nose. Big explosion of fruit (blueberry, pomm,plum, raspberry) and some great balancing acid in my mouth. Tart finish with some subtle tannin. This is a vibrant and fun wine. Glad I have some more left. Will buy again. Great QPR. Berserker day find (92 pts.)
    Image
Posted from CellarTracker
Here is a video of the "Women in Wine" movement, including Mrs Stephanie Riven of Signal Ridge and The Princess and The Peasant:

https://outandaboutmedia.com/spotlight- ... n-in-wine/

As indicated in the 2018 Berserker Day planning thread, Stephanie's husband Dan is now working solely on their family winery (The Princess and The Peasant). If you have not tasted these wines, you are missing out!! :)
Just noticed that link, Dan and Stephanie are making some great wines. That link in the video has my wife (Kristy 4th generation boonter, boning for those who live in boonville) in it as well, she is sitting to the right of Stephanie and has plenty of local knowledge to share.
Drink to remember not to forget!
ITB- Proprietor & Winemaker Foursight Wines, GM Londer Vineyards (RIP 2001-2013)

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 25692
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Location: Certainly NOT Orlando

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#294 Post by Corey N. » January 23rd, 2018, 6:53 pm

I'm falling behind in my pre-BerserkerDay wine drinking. Hope to post a couple more notes on BD participants before the blessed event.
  • 2007 Biggio Hamina Cellars Syrah Deux Vert - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (1/23/2018)
    Quite pale. Nose of red fruit, white pepper, crushed rocks and tar.

    The palate is lithe and light+ bodied. The raspberry fruit takes a back seat to the other elements in the wine -- black tea, white pepper, earth and some stemmy notes. Strongly leans AFWE, those looking for flavor bombs need not apply. (90 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
Nøv¡¢k

dsGriswold
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2699
Joined: October 7th, 2009, 12:42 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#295 Post by dsGriswold » January 24th, 2018, 12:23 am

  • 2015 Theopolis Vineyards Pinot Noir - USA, California, North Coast, Yorkville Highlands (1/24/2018)
    Dark ruby with black cherry nose. Dry with fairly bold fruit and body, some nice acid and tanniss to balance the fruit. Black cherries, olives, mushrooms and a bit of leather. More in the realm of an Italian style sans the tannins from Maremma or Bolgieri, definitely not AFWE and would compete with a fruity syrah. On the soft side and should appeal to many liking a fruit forward style, calls for some red meat and/or chocolate. (92 pts.)
    Image
Posted from CellarTracker
DennisG

User avatar
paultgilmore
Posts: 33
Joined: February 5th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#296 Post by paultgilmore » January 24th, 2018, 2:56 am

Briceland 2013 Alderpoint Vineyard Pinot Noir-wonderful old world style. Delicate yet full of PN character. Brought to a tasting it was the wine of the evening.
Will be buying a mix of Andrew's PNs this year plus a few others. (Berserker Day prices are fantastic, too.)

User avatar
marycamp
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15
Joined: April 17th, 2016, 8:00 pm
Location: Beverly, Massachusetts

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#297 Post by marycamp » January 24th, 2018, 2:36 pm

I’ve been busy happily drinking last year’s BD wines since they arrived in late winter; the recent notes on Briceland wines have reminded me to put in my two cents. Last BD, which was my first, I got the combo pack of 2014 Briceland Humboldt/Ishi Pishi Ranch and Mendocino/Dark Horse syrahs and zins, and went back to the well for more of all of them in the spring, and again just recently – my discovery wines and winery of the year. Thanks to all on WB for recommending them. I can’t think of better values. I am not too swift with tasting note writing, but I know what I like and I know an honest and well-made wine when I find one. Every one of these zins and syrahs is fresh, interesting, low alcohol, great with food or without, and downright delicious, and the fact that they are made with organic grapes is a bonus for me. I hope Andrew at Briceland will have some fun BD offers this year, as I look to sample even more of their lineup.
Mary Campagnolo; Beverly, MA

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 25692
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Location: Certainly NOT Orlando

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#298 Post by Corey N. » January 24th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Mary, word to the wise, don't sleep on Andrew's Pinots, which are excellent. The Bordeaux varieties (Cabernet, Petit Verdot, Merlot, etc.) from Ishi Pishi Ranch are also awfully good.
Nøv¡¢k

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5225
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#299 Post by Dan Hammer » January 24th, 2018, 2:47 pm

Dave H. wrote:2012 Navarro Cabernet Sauvignon--First time I've ever had a Navarro CS and I didn't know what to expect. This is great. Tastes strongly of licorice and herbs but with ample plummy fruits. No milk chocolate. Integrated oak. I'll buy Navarro mystery packs on BD for as long as they are offered.
I liked my whites better than the reds. If a BD deal is offered, I'm going to try and negotiate. flirtysmile
This space for rent.

User avatar
Andrew Morris
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 1284
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Location: Southern Humboldt, CA

Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

#300 Post by Andrew Morris » January 25th, 2018, 7:10 am

Thanks Mary, Corey & Paul taking the time to post and for your kind words.

I am, like most of you I am sure, getting psyched up for BerserkerDay mayhem.
marycamp wrote:I’ve been busy happily drinking last year’s BD wines since they arrived in late winter; the recent notes on Briceland wines have reminded me to put in my two cents. Last BD, which was my first, I got the combo pack of 2014 Briceland Humboldt/Ishi Pishi Ranch and Mendocino/Dark Horse syrahs and zins, and went back to the well for more of all of them in the spring, and again just recently – my discovery wines and winery of the year. Thanks to all on WB for recommending them. I can’t think of better values. I am not too swift with tasting note writing, but I know what I like and I know an honest and well-made wine when I find one. Every one of these zins and syrahs is fresh, interesting, low alcohol, great with food or without, and downright delicious, and the fact that they are made with organic grapes is a bonus for me. I hope Andrew at Briceland will have some fun BD offers this year, as I look to sample even more of their lineup.
Corey N. wrote:Mary, word to the wise, don't sleep on Andrew's Pinots, which are excellent. The Bordeaux varieties (Cabernet, Petit Verdot, Merlot, etc.) from Ishi Pishi Ranch are also awfully good.
paultgilmore wrote:Briceland 2013 Alderpoint Vineyard Pinot Noir-wonderful old world style. Delicate yet full of PN character. Brought to a tasting it was the wine of the evening.
Will be buying a mix of Andrew's PNs this year plus a few others. (Berserker Day prices are fantastic, too.)
Andrew Morris

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”