Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

#151 Post by Ron Slye » April 1st, 2017, 1:41 pm

I think it depends on what kind of wine you like. If you like a tight powerful young wine, then no need to decant much.

For a less intense, and more subtle, experience, I would decant in the morning, then put back in the bottle before heading to the restaurant. It will certainly not be past its prime!

ChrisMcElligott
GCC Member
GCC Member

#152 Post by ChrisMcElligott » April 1st, 2017, 2:17 pm

[quote="Lee Short"]Had the Signal Ridge "Little Pink Bubbles" a couple weeks back in a social environment, didn't focus too much on the wine. Made me happy at the time. Maybe some more detail next time I try one.

We too enjoyed a bottle of this last week. Had some friends over to toast our 5th anniversary before going out. Had 4 bottles of bubbles going from champers, cava and pink bubbles. The pink bubbles were very much enjoyed. I like you was busy socializing so no notes. Just knew I was glad I picked up 6 more a few weeks back.

Chris Foley
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#153 Post by Chris Foley » April 2nd, 2017, 4:24 am

Ron Slye wrote:I think it depends on what kind of wine you like. If you like a tight powerful young wine, then no need to decant much.

For a less intense, and more subtle, experience, I would decant in the morning, then put back in the bottle before heading to the restaurant. It will certainly not be past its prime!
I went with a one hour decant in the morning, and the bottle left uncorked in my wine fridge for the day.
The wine was terrific at dinner, very fresh and primary but really open.
My dad commented that it wasn't anything like the Mendoza Malbecs he usually drinks.
Chris F.

Beau Carufel

#154 Post by Beau Carufel » April 2nd, 2017, 12:55 pm

Charlie Carnes wrote:I have promised myself more self control on the next sixer. Have you ever made this again?
Sadly no, the vineyard was sold in early 2014 and now the grapes are contracted to someone else. IF I can ever get gamay noir again though, it'll be for a rose sparkler.
ITB: Winemaker & Distributor

Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#155 Post by Scott Brunson » April 2nd, 2017, 5:39 pm

06 Veleta Tempranillo is singing after a long gig weekend of singing...
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

#156 Post by Ron Slye » April 2nd, 2017, 9:08 pm

Chris Foley wrote:
Ron Slye wrote:I think it depends on what kind of wine you like. If you like a tight powerful young wine, then no need to decant much.

I went with a one hour decant in the morning, and the bottle left uncorked in my wine fridge for the day.
The wine was terrific at dinner, very fresh and primary but really open.
My dad commented that it wasn't anything like the Mendoza Malbecs he usually drinks.
I hope that means he liked it!

Glad you enjoyed it. I think this has a lot of years ahead of it.....

Andy G

#157 Post by Andy G » April 3rd, 2017, 7:57 am

Had the Briceland 2015 Chardonnay over the weekend. Very enjoyable - I'm a big fan of the unoaked Chardonnay and this hit my palate perfectly. Fell off a bit on Day 2 but still enjoyed it. Looking forward to the rest of my Briceland from BD both reds and whites.

Had the first of my two bottles of Signal Ridge Pink Bubbles a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it quite a bit. Wish I'd bought more than 2.
G 0 w e r

Er€z _ L.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#158 Post by Er€z _ L. » April 3rd, 2017, 6:22 pm

Beau Carufel wrote:
Charlie Carnes wrote:Of my first six pack of Random Wines Rose Sparkler, I have downed five. They are awesome!
I'm impressed, you're making quick work! I've got your next six bottles ready to ship out though champagne.gif
I decided to also take one for the team and test the RWC Brut rose. Very good work. I am more of an extra brut (or dryer) bubbles, and even my brut I take on the dry side. So, I would say that it was abit on the sweet side (actually the sweet top end for me, I think). But, it did balance as the wine was decanted (about 60 minutes, fwiw) . Beautiful color-pretty close to the picture on the website. I'd try posting mine later. Very nice complement to Gamay which I admit my tasting experience with is more limited. Nice minerals,abit more of the berries on the nose. I put half a bottle for tomorrow for further testing. In the spirit of random wine, I'd try to see if I can ask for the opinion of a random neighbor champagne.gif
£ € n c n @ r

Todd Hamina
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#159 Post by Todd Hamina » April 3rd, 2017, 9:18 pm

Dave H. wrote:Had the 2015 Princess and Peasant Carignane. Very nice wine. Spicy and fresh and juicy. Seemed to be picking up complexity on the last glass, but it was plenty delicious from the outset. This is $22 retail and was really inexpensive on BD.
This is a tasty little number. Opened it tonight with goulash. Well done.
Co-Owner, Biggio Hamina Cellars
-BiggioHamina

stewart lancaster

#160 Post by stewart lancaster » April 4th, 2017, 6:35 am

Opened the 2013 Theopolis petit sirah from Mendocino. I was impressed, nice dark fruit upfront with good acidity. Improved nicely with sev hrs of air. Will try the rest tonight.

Tom F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#161 Post by Tom F. » April 4th, 2017, 8:12 pm

I have opened a few from the Navarro mystery pack- 2015 Chard Table Wine in a double blind format this past weekend that performed very well in a lineup of 15 wines. Also opened the 2014 Edelzwicker at an asian restaurant recently. These were my first Navarro experiences and would definitely put these in the positive QPR category.
T o m F l o y d

RDHudak
GCC Member
GCC Member

#162 Post by RDHudak » April 5th, 2017, 10:25 am

Tom F. wrote:I have opened a few from the Navarro mystery pack- 2015 Chard Table Wine in a double blind format this past weekend that performed very well in a lineup of 15 wines. Also opened the 2014 Edelzwicker at an asian restaurant recently. These were my first Navarro experiences and would definitely put these in the positive QPR category.
Agreed. For the price, my expectations were not too high, but these wines have a fantastic QPR. This years WB deal was my first experience with them, and I'll definitely be back!

stewart lancaster

#163 Post by stewart lancaster » April 6th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Finished up the Theopolis petit Siracusa on day #3- now with some spice and pepper- very nice
Unfortunately, opened the 2012 Navarro cab and it was corked

P Intag
GCC Member
GCC Member

#164 Post by P Intag » April 7th, 2017, 2:07 pm

Drank the second bottle of my BerserkerDay VII 2007 Patricia Green PN Reserve last weekend and it was singing. I wish I had picked up more than the one "aged pack".
  • 2007 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Reserve - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (4/2/2017)
    The second (and last) bottle from the Berserkerday library pack. Showing beautifully. On the pop 'n pour, seemed to lack depth, but it seemed to fill out as it got some air. Glorious Oregon Pinot typicity, bright, fleshy mouthfeel, good earthy character, very well-balanced. Absolutely loved this with flatbread and assorted tapas-styled snacks. Not bad at all for the lowest level PGC Pinot in a "off" vintage! (91 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
Paul

Peter Kleban
GCC Member
GCC Member

#165 Post by Peter Kleban » April 7th, 2017, 8:36 pm

This is f'n gorgeous!
  • 2015 Paetra Riesling - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (4/6/2017)
    ** (close to ***)

My first Paetra, and certainly won't be the last!
    C: Very pale yellow
    N: Whiff of something (petrol? couldn't place it)
    P: Notes of lemon and minerals. No rough edges. Dry, with perhaps a touch of sweetness. Light weight. Very very elegant, carried through beautifully, very good length. Extremely compelling, very carefully made. Just as good the second day, after a night in the fridge. A terroir unto itself, nothing like a Mosel for example. And this was the second pass picking!
Bob Wood:
"Peter..your well-reasoned words were a waste of time."
WsOTY:
Broadbent Mdra Colheita '96
Mas Redonne Bandol Rosé '17
B Giacosa Roero Arneis '15
Patricia Green PN Estate Etzel Blk '13
Simon Bize Savigny-lès-Beaune Les Bourgeots '14
Rioja Alta Grn Reserva 904 '05
Patricia Green PN Dijon 115 Freedom Hill '15
Kenefick Cab S '03

Er€z _ L.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#166 Post by Er€z _ L. » April 8th, 2017, 5:08 pm

I opened another '13 Virage Rose and I think (again, its a matter of how one likes their rose) it still goes strong and has an age value added. The finish was shorter than I recall previous tastes -- last time I had it was about ~10+ months ago, but it provides very long lifetime for a rose. We opened since 2015 more than a case and it was always a treat.

[cheers.gif]
£ € n c n @ r

Scott Wi3gand
GCC Member
GCC Member

#167 Post by Scott Wi3gand » April 8th, 2017, 11:50 pm

2014 Navarro Estate Bottled Dry Gewürztraminer - I thought this wine was outstanding. Concentrated with nicely balanced acidity, great aromatics, and perfectly dry and very satisfying. I will definitely be seeking out more.

Corey N.

#168 Post by Corey N. » April 10th, 2017, 7:25 am

Confession time -- I screwed up. My storage is overflowing and given that this was an unknown producer to me, so I didn't order enough. Had I been able to taste ahead of time, this would have been an EASY case purchase.
  • 2015 The Princess and the Peasant Carignan - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (4/9/2017)
    Pours a vivid magenta. Nose is dominated by white pepper and spice. On the palate, loads of berries -- blackberry, blueberry and strawberry -- and spice. Good concentration and lip-smacking acidity. There's enough material that this should last through a decade from vintage. (90 pts.)
Nøv¡¢k

Drew Goin

#169 Post by Drew Goin » April 10th, 2017, 8:06 am

Corey N. wrote: ...given that this was an unknown producer to me, so I didn't order enough. Had I been able to taste ahead of time, this would have been an EASY case purchase.
Ha! I should have posted my TN of this one before Berserker Day! :)

Corey N.

#170 Post by Corey N. » April 10th, 2017, 8:53 am

Drew Goin wrote:
Corey N. wrote: ...given that this was an unknown producer to me, so I didn't order enough. Had I been able to taste ahead of time, this would have been an EASY case purchase.
Ha! I should have posted my TN of this one before Berserker Day! :)
It's all your fault!
Nøv¡¢k

Drew Goin

#171 Post by Drew Goin » April 10th, 2017, 5:25 pm

*hangs head in eternal shame*

stewart lancaster

#172 Post by stewart lancaster » April 12th, 2017, 7:25 am

served the 2014 Navarro chardonnay last night blindly to my wine group. Enjoyed by all, most guessed a pinot gris from oregon. One thought it was a chablis. It had great acidity. I was impressed and I'm not a chardonnay fan

C Prince
GCC Member
GCC Member

#173 Post by C Prince » April 12th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Opened the Navarro 2013 premiere Reserve Chardonnay over the weekend. Was very impressed with the balance of citrus, oak and a bit of butter. A lovely wine. Immediately went to buy more but of course they are sold out!
∰Col leen∰

Mike Faulk

#174 Post by Mike Faulk » April 13th, 2017, 6:09 pm

JonF wrote:2013 DV8 Cellars G-Force Granache - This was has a generous wallop of alcohol and the fruit is a bit candied at this stage. Perhaps some time would mellow them out? I did drink this while doing my income taxes so it was immensely helpful in softening the annual blow from Uncle Sam.

2013 Engracia Deerfield Syrah - Just really delicious right now.

2014 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Wadensvil Block Olenik Vineyard - I get a lot of bright red fruits and tart berries from this. Cranberry, tart cherry, a bit of a strawberry at times. This is from the 375 for a quick glass with supper so it had very little time to stick around and develop.
Hi JonF,

Mike Faulk here, owner and winemaker for Engracia. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Syrah. That wine was delicious when we bottled it, but every time I open a bottle it just seems to get better and better.

Thank you for giving Engracia (a small little winery that not many people are familiar with) a chance. I know it can be a crap shoot on new and unfamiliar wines.

Salud!

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#175 Post by Michael Martin » April 13th, 2017, 6:14 pm

Corey N. wrote:Confession time -- I screwed up. My storage is overflowing and given that this was an unknown producer to me, so I didn't order enough. Had I been able to taste ahead of time, this would have been an EASY case purchase.
  • 2015 The Princess and the Peasant Carignan - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (4/9/2017)
    Pours a vivid magenta. Nose is dominated by white pepper and spice. On the palate, loads of berries -- blackberry, blueberry and strawberry -- and spice. Good concentration and lip-smacking acidity. There's enough material that this should last through a decade from vintage. (90 pts.)
Yep, this one is a good one and for $15 freaking bucks. Stupid good for the price.

stewart lancaster

#176 Post by stewart lancaster » April 14th, 2017, 6:46 am

opened another Navarro from my mystery pak- the 2013 zin was corked. 2nd bottle from that pak that was corked [head-bang.gif]

dsGriswold
GCC Member
GCC Member

#177 Post by dsGriswold » April 17th, 2017, 8:39 am

A Berserker day Easter:
  • 2013 Random Wine Company Gamay Noir Methode Traditionelle Brut Rosé - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (4/16/2017)
    Light pink with an orange tinge. Dry with a nice tingle, some strawberries, medium fruit and body. Well balanced with the acid and tannins balancing the fruit. Lovely tingle mouth feel, nice stuff for Easter dinner. TW moved bottle to kitchen for later. (93 pts.)
  • 2014 Theopolis Vineyards Symphony Theopolis Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Yorkville Highlands (4/16/2017)
    Crystal clear with a light citrus nose. Off dry, medium fruit and body, lemon, grapefruit and Kiwi fruit, nice balance with the acid and rs for a smooth mouth feel. Drinking very nicely. (92 pts.)
  • 2014 Theopolis Vineyards Petite Sirah Rosé - USA, California, North Coast, Yorkville Highlands (4/16/2017)
    Medium rose with an orange tinge. Dry with crisp fruit, apple and oranges, some pithy tannins and a slatey mineral element. I would put this more in the Provencal than Spanish rosé class. Some glycerin and just a slight touch of rs balancing the acid gives a smooth mouth feel. Very good and will have this with Easter ham dinner. (91 pts.)
  • 2014 Theopolis Vineyards Pinot Noir - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (4/16/2017)
    Medium light garnet with a ripe strawberry nose. Dry with some tart chewy tannins. Medium fruit and body, ripe strawberries and currants, just a bit of bitter, stemminess in the tannins which over power the acids. That said, I am a fan of high acid OR PN so YMMV. Showing a spicey element with dinner, quite similar to a Result of Crush WA Syrah I recently had. (89 pts.)
DennisG

Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#178 Post by Scott Brunson » April 17th, 2017, 3:17 pm

08 Veleta Tempranillo last night on the neighbors' deck.
Very nice.
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

Er€z _ L.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#179 Post by Er€z _ L. » April 19th, 2017, 7:58 am

Masion Harbour's Bourgogne Chardonnay 2014

Decided to check one bottle randomly the old fashion way. So, we did...and the verdict was --damn I should have bought more.:-)
It tasted so good and it opened up over the three hours into the sunset it was share and enjoyed. Lots of floral on the nose from pnp. Great fruit-I'd look into my notes later . Nice mineral balance on the palate. No overpowering if it makes sense. Nice finish and extended finish over the course of evening . thumbs up for such a nice white burg at great QPR
£ € n c n @ r

etomasi

#180 Post by etomasi » April 19th, 2017, 6:31 pm

TN: 2005 Domaine du Petit Gueyrot, Saint Emilion Bordeaux.

Nice, still pretty primary. Dark coffee, black fruit and red cassis on the nose with some classic cedar. Medium body, good acidity, Good structural tannins. Great fruit, nice minerality. Light interesting mint and pepper.

Needed at least 1 hr air, and got better through 3 hrs. Will try the other half of the bottle tomorrow.
---
Eric Tomasi
CT: Ericindc

JonF

#181 Post by JonF » April 21st, 2017, 2:09 pm

2014 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Balcombe Vineyard Dundee Hills - One of the half bottles. Quite earthy at this stage compared to the Olenik we last drank. Very enjoyable.

2014 Engracia St. Laurent Ricci Vineyard Carneros - Interesting varietal, this St Laurent. I think Mike mentioned it showing similar to a Cab, but some cursory research indicates it may be a decendant of Pinot Noir. The lighter, tart fuit/cranberry/rhubarb profile would seem to support that. Shows a touch of oak on the finish. Was good on the second day as well.
Futej

JonF

#182 Post by JonF » April 21st, 2017, 2:25 pm

Mike Faulk wrote:
JonF wrote:2013 DV8 Cellars G-Force Granache - This was has a generous wallop of alcohol and the fruit is a bit candied at this stage. Perhaps some time would mellow them out? I did drink this while doing my income taxes so it was immensely helpful in softening the annual blow from Uncle Sam.

2013 Engracia Deerfield Syrah - Just really delicious right now.

2014 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Wadensvil Block Olenik Vineyard - I get a lot of bright red fruits and tart berries from this. Cranberry, tart cherry, a bit of a strawberry at times. This is from the 375 for a quick glass with supper so it had very little time to stick around and develop.
Hi JonF,

Mike Faulk here, owner and winemaker for Engracia. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Syrah. That wine was delicious when we bottled it, but every time I open a bottle it just seems to get better and better.

Thank you for giving Engracia (a small little winery that not many people are familiar with) a chance. I know it can be a crap shoot on new and unfamiliar wines.

Salud!
Cheers Mike! Every bottle is a new and interesting treat. Thanks again for supporting us berserkers!

Jon
Futej

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

#183 Post by Ron Slye » April 21st, 2017, 10:01 pm

I have been working my way through the Tercero white sampler. Really excellent wines. So far I have had the rousanne blend; the albarino; and the gewurtz. All are excellent values, and drinking really beautifully at the moment. Sipping the gewurtz at the moment -- nice varietal purity. The albarino is really excellent. All have incredible complexity and have been a real pleasure to drink. I still have the Rose and the mourverdre (the red) to try.

John Simpson
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

#184 Post by John Simpson » April 22nd, 2017, 3:01 pm

My 1st note specific to a single offering; this b/c I don't see any recent notes on CT and I hesitate to give my crude reaction compared to most of your notes. Nevertheless: '07 Ladd RRV pinot that just arrived yesterday. Uncorked several hours ahead of time and then poured in the glass an hour before beginning. Really, really good. Reminds me of recent vintages of Walter Hansel The North Slope. Similar bouquet; red fruit with some smokiness and a very very slight sour cherry finish at the very end that dissipates as the bottle airs (same effect as happens w/the '14 Patti Green Berserkers Cuvee). Not quite as spicy as the Hansel, to my liking. Seems to me to be still in its prime. Wish I had more...

David Mc

#185 Post by David Mc » April 22nd, 2017, 3:38 pm

Have the 2011 EMH Vineyards Black Cat Cabernet cued up tonight, with short ribs...
Mc = M c I n t i r e

Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#186 Post by Merrill Lindquist » April 22nd, 2017, 3:41 pm

David Mc wrote:Have the 2011 EMH Vineyards Black Cat Cabernet cued up tonight, with short ribs...
Awesome match! I'll be right over! Lamb or beef are perfect for the Black Cats.
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

David Mc

#187 Post by David Mc » April 22nd, 2017, 3:48 pm

Merrill Lindquist wrote:
David Mc wrote:Have the 2011 EMH Vineyards Black Cat Cabernet cued up tonight, with short ribs...
Has been decanting for 2 hours now ... can't wait to try! Hard to not sample beforehand. I've noticed when I 'assess' a decanting wine, the amount leftover is small than expected. How does that happen? Must. Not. Sample.
Mc = M c I n t i r e

Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#188 Post by Merrill Lindquist » April 22nd, 2017, 3:54 pm

David Mc wrote:
Merrill Lindquist wrote:
Has been decanting for 2 hours now ... can't wait to try! Hard to not sample beforehand. I've noticed when I 'assess' a decanting wine, the amount leftover is small than expected. How does that happen? Must. Not. Sample.
We gave my 2007 3-4 hours in the decanter yesterday, and it still improved greatly after that. The 2011 is not as "big," but yeah, I HAVE to try it when I'm expecting friends.
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

David_S

#189 Post by David_S » April 22nd, 2017, 8:11 pm

I got the Patricia Green pinots mostly for my wife and because they were half bottles. I'm not much of a Pinot drinker, I have to say Patricia Green is the Pinot for cab lovers and has a permanent place in my cellar now.
Spr3ch3r

T Klonoski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#190 Post by T Klonoski » April 23rd, 2017, 7:08 am

John Simpson wrote:My 1st note specific to a single offering; this b/c I don't see any recent notes on CT and I hesitate to give my crude reaction compared to most of your notes. Nevertheless: '07 Ladd RRV pinot that just arrived yesterday. Uncorked several hours ahead of time and then poured in the glass an hour before beginning. Really, really good. Reminds me of recent vintages of Walter Hansel The North Slope. Similar bouquet; red fruit with some smokiness and a very very slight sour cherry finish at the very end that dissipates as the bottle airs (same effect as happens w/the '14 Patti Green Berserkers Cuvee). Not quite as spicy as the Hansel, to my liking. Seems to me to be still in its prime. Wish I had more...
Good note. Keep 'em coming!
T0m

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#191 Post by larry schaffer » April 23rd, 2017, 8:19 am

Ron Slye wrote:I have been working my way through the Tercero white sampler. Really excellent wines. So far I have had the rousanne blend; the albarino; and the gewurtz. All are excellent values, and drinking really beautifully at the moment. Sipping the gewurtz at the moment -- nice varietal purity. The albarino is really excellent. All have incredible complexity and have been a real pleasure to drink. I still have the Rose and the mourverdre (the red) to try.
Thanks for the kind comments, my friend - and glad you are enjoying them! Can't wait to hear what you think of the Rose [snort.gif]

Cheers!
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#192 Post by Todd F r e n c h » April 24th, 2017, 12:42 pm

Had the Weinbau-Paetra '16 Pinot Blanc on Saturday - a warm day here. Was beautiful - the perfect warm day wine, and fantastic with our summery dinner.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Todd Hamina
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#193 Post by Todd Hamina » April 24th, 2017, 11:30 pm

The Lichen Les Pinots Noir and Gris is a very lovely and well crafted white.
Co-Owner, Biggio Hamina Cellars
-BiggioHamina

Peter Kleban
GCC Member
GCC Member

#194 Post by Peter Kleban » April 27th, 2017, 8:24 pm

My second bottle from the Paetra WBDay "Novick six-pack." Goodness! And what QPR. Thanks, again, Bill.
  • 2015 Paetra Riesling "S" - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (4/27/2017)
    ** (maybe more, I might update this TN)

Light, clean, clear and very carefully made. A pleasure on the tongue, with a certain character all its own that it seems very sure of. Just slightly sweet, the sugar melding beautifully with the acid and fruit. Excellent length and consistency. If there is a shortcoming, it's a slight sense of restraint; I think this wine is very young and will blossom into something even more interesting with some time in the cellar.
Bob Wood:
"Peter..your well-reasoned words were a waste of time."
WsOTY:
Broadbent Mdra Colheita '96
Mas Redonne Bandol Rosé '17
B Giacosa Roero Arneis '15
Patricia Green PN Estate Etzel Blk '13
Simon Bize Savigny-lès-Beaune Les Bourgeots '14
Rioja Alta Grn Reserva 904 '05
Patricia Green PN Dijon 115 Freedom Hill '15
Kenefick Cab S '03

Glen Gold
GCC Member
GCC Member

#195 Post by Glen Gold » April 27th, 2017, 10:06 pm

I've been sampling the Campesinos and they're crazy good -- so far they tend to peak on day 3. Terrific offering, very glad to have gotten a case.

etomasi

#196 Post by etomasi » April 28th, 2017, 8:11 pm

2015 Harrington Mission Somers Vineyard.

This wine is pale brown/rose colored. Nose was tart red fruit, some earth, some heat. Highly reminiscent of ploussard or bio Pais. Light/medium body, good red fruits, strong acidity, moderate bitterness, good saline middle, and moderate drying tannins. Very primary of course, should be good for several more years. I really enjoyed this wine.

If you like Pais from S. America, Ploussard, Trousseau, you should like this.
---
Eric Tomasi
CT: Ericindc

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#197 Post by Michael Martin » April 29th, 2017, 7:16 pm

2008 Virage. Cab Franc Merlot. Awesome Bordeaux blend wine. I'll buy these again.

Bill H o o p e r

#198 Post by Bill H o o p e r » May 1st, 2017, 6:28 pm

Peter Kleban wrote:My second bottle from the Paetra WBDay "Novick six-pack." Goodness! And what QPR. Thanks, again, Bill.
  • 2015 Paetra Riesling "S" - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (4/27/2017)

Light, clean, clear and very carefully made. A pleasure on the tongue, with a certain character all its own that it seems very sure of. Just slightly sweet, the sugar melding beautifully with the acid and fruit. Excellent length and consistency. If there is a shortcoming, it's a slight sense of restraint; I think this wine is very young and will blossom into something even more interesting with some time in the cellar.
Thank you, Peter! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Paetrawine.com
Oregon Riesling

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#199 Post by Todd F r e n c h » May 2nd, 2017, 9:22 am

Jen and I had the '12 Jean Edwards Rutherford cab from a couple Berserkerdays ago - wow, it's awesome! Jen absolutely adored it, and it's times like this when I wish she had cheaper taste.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#200 Post by Todd F r e n c h » May 2nd, 2017, 9:24 am

Peter Kleban wrote:My second bottle from the Paetra WBDay "Novick six-pack." Goodness! And what QPR. Thanks, again, Bill.

I had the non-S version this weekend and what a QPR these wines are. I will have to try hard to wait until summer to open the rest, as they are a great combination of acidity and sweetness. Higher in alcohol than I'd guess they would be (13%, this one) but it never seemed like it. Had I not looked, I'd have guessed closer to 10%

Return to “Wine Talk”