Kutch Spring release

The Kutch offer is live. Sonoma Coast, Falstaff and Signal Ridge Vineyard Mendocino Ridge, the Falstaff price having crept above my comfort zone. Anyone have notes on any of these?

disappointed in the Falstaff pricing, but still in for some of each… $39 is still a killer value for the SC.

Kutch is a no brainer, especially the Sonoma Coast. IMO, all of this wines needs a few years to mellow out and they get a little darker (less bright). His 07’s - 09’s are in a such a great spot right now.

The notes on the Signal Ridge Vineyard seems like they were made for my palate so I’m excited to try them in about four or five years.

Kevin and Jeff,

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment in Falstaff pricing. We increased just $3 a bottle. Sadly our yields were down 54% in Falstaff. In McDougall, it was over 60%. I buy these vineyards by the acre and got hammered financially. While my decision to increase the price 5% wasn’t an easy one, it barely helps recoup the massively increased costs due to the tiny production in 2015.

I hope that sheds some light. If we see a bountiful vintage in the future, I have no trouble bringing the price back down like they do in Europe.

Jamie,

I for one don’t blame you for raising the price on Falstaff and understand completely why you had to. I’m just sad it has passed my self-imposed price limit because I’ve enjoyed the wine each year.

Has anyone tried the Signal Ridge? Interested to hear any reactions on that one, though I know Kutch can be hard to evaluate in its youth.

Jamie - no worries on pricing, and I appreciate the explanation. Makes sense given the difficult vintage and economics faced.

As per usual, I’ll pick up a few (only buying a few is no reflection on pricing, I have way too much wine and only buy a couple of anything) of Jamie’s wine, which I thoroughly enjoy. He is one of the last lists I still buy from.

In for Falstaff. Trying to be more selective and focused in all of my buying. Kutch pinots are top notch and will remain part of my buying.

I dig these wines, I mean the Kutch style in general. Low ABV, neutral wood applied, stem inclusion. It’s a lock for that core section of my cellar. Counselor, no help here on Signal Ridge. Not had it yet.

In for Falstaff and a few of the Signal Ridge. These are always great quality wines.

In for Sonoma Coast (one of my favorite California Pinots!) and the Mendocino wine to try it.

I’m in for 2 of each. Hope to visit while I’m in CA this year.

fyi, just posted in CC a mixed case of 2013’s.

Im for a couple of each. A fun producer to drink and I love putting these in blind tastings. Had a library bottle 10 Savory in the last month that was wonderful. I wish he still made some AV PN.

This is easily the hardest wine I no longer purchase regularly (and in bulk). I have been buying Jamie’s wine since the beginning and I have yet to drink a bad bottle … and I used to drink a lot. The Sonoma Coast is the best bang for your buck anywhere and his higher end wines always deliver.

As someone who now only drinks a handful a times throughout the year, I enjoy savoring the richness of well crafted wines. Every Kutch Pinot Noir meets my criteria and I look forward to my next one in a few months.

When do the chards release?

Last year was the fall release in late July. It was only 1 Chardonnay bottling.

I drank a '15 Chard a month or so ago that was really good. Different from the 14 but I would say as good for what it showed. Gonna be interesting to see how the 16 fits into what have been two very strong vintages for Jamie in his quest to make Chard.